Go Bottom Go Bottom

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
MD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-12-06          22158

Does anybody know of a snowblade which will hook up to the loader arms. I have been told the loader bucket will come off and the blade mounts in its place. I looked into the Kubota snow blade and the price was almost $2000.00 for the blade and frame. Let me know if you have heard of anything please. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-12-06          22166

You should try Curtis at www.curtiscab.com they build cabs as well as blades for loaders and trucks. You could contact them or a local dealer for info. If you decide to go for the Hydraulic angle you will need to have an extra vavle for the angle. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Gary Anderson

2000-12-06          22175

All depends what you want to spend on a blade and what you will use it for. If using for dirt it has to be heavy duty , but for snow I just bought a 60 in sturdy blade at a Honda store $160 for the blade and $140 for mount kit. It is a manuel angle but has wear bar on blade and wear shoes, just as heavy as all the pickup blades I looked at for $1800. I made a mount to mount it to the loader arms and can switch in aprox 3 mn. This way I have the 3p blower on back and either blade or bucket on the front. Works good for my application. gary ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
MD

2000-12-07          22199

Gary, What type of tractor do you have? Also, how did you make this mount? ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Jim

2000-12-07          22207

I will have a blade available in 5-10' widths, univeral adjustable mount kit, manual angle or p/a, spring trip, 6' price will be around $1079

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Gary Anderson

2000-12-07          22217

MD, I have a JD4200, The mount is just a 1/4 in channel iron that goes across from loader arm to loader arm, bolted in place with two bolts. then the swival bracket for the plow welded to it. I also have the same setup with a hitch ball on to move one of my many trailers around, easier to move them with the front end loader than pull and back them. By the way got a chance to use the blade today and it works well. gary ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
pelkins

2000-12-13          22403

Gentlemen please check out this site, they have plow that attaches to your loader bucket with just 2 pins. They also other attachments such as bale spears,
forks and brush rakes that attach in the same fashion. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-12-13          22404

The only problem with that type of mount is that it seems to put all the load on the sides of the bucket. The bottom edge is by far the strongest, and you still have the bucket out front to try and see around. Even still I guess it's better than just the bucket itself. Price-wise I'm sure there would be an easier way to do it, you really only need to put a plow on in the fall, and off in the spring. Most people around here just put Cat. 2 lift pins through the normal pickup type plow's harness and weld an upright member on to take the 3pth upper link, then you have a plow out back and a bucket in front. Now that moves snow..... Best of luck. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
richard james allen

2000-12-13          22405

I thought that I read on one of these boards that replacing the bucket with a plow blade could damage the FEL by putting uneven stress on the FEL arms? What is your take on this? Rich. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
MD

2000-12-14          22426

Gentlemen, Thanks for all of your input. I have called around on prices for all of these suggestions and I've found the prices range from 1125.00 to 3000.00 depending on what you are looking for. With all of the recent snow we've gotton here in south east Michigan, I've been using my 60" loader with a 72 " adj. rear blade. I've found for the money I think I will continue to do it this way. Also, I think there are some benefits to having the loader as opposed to the blade. 1. I have appx. an 450' long drive which is wooded on both sides. This forces me to put all of the snow at only 1 end or the other. We've gotten appx 18-20" over the last week. Without the use of my loader, I would not have been able to get the snow in the large pile required to have it out of the way. 2. I have the R-4 Industrial ties with no chains. I've found in the deep snow once in a while I would get stuck. Using the loader on the ground to push myself back a few inches really helps. I have a friend who recently purchased a plow for his JD 4100 and has had to pull his tractor out with his truck. 3. Last but not least...The 72" blade really moves the snow! I turn the blade around backwards and angle it when I am on gravel so it doesn't pull all of the stone too. Also when it hit the ashphalt, I just plow in reverse. This really cleans well and I've seen as much as 3' of snow being rolled over by the blade. Thanks for all the input, and happy plowing!!!! ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Art White

2000-12-14          22441

Rich I don't see how it could happen without a little, ah, how do you say abuse? It could have been a unmatched system and that could have caused it. I've seen loader arms bent around in just about every concieveable way with a good story as to why. The bulk of them had the bucket on so go figure. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
TomG

2000-12-15          22465

MD: Sounds like you've settled on a solution, and it will probably work well for you. However, I did have a couple of thoughts. If you can't push snow to the sides, a 450' drive could require a lot of snow to be moved to one end of the drive or the other before spring. The guy who plows for the Township here told me that the most important thing about snowplowing was figuring out where to put the snow. It might be a good thing to consider whether you can push the piles back far enough so you won't run out of space before spring. If space could become a problem, a blower may be able to blast snow through the bush along the drive. Blowers are not as fast as plows, but ordinarily you don't have to think about where to put the snow. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
MD

2000-12-15          22467

Blower Huh? I imagine those cost a pretty penny....Any idea how much? ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Gary Anderson

2000-12-15          22489

MD, I bought my 60 in Allied with manual chute for 1300, works real good moves a lot of snow. It is a 3 pt. gary ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
TomG

2000-12-16          22511

My 60" 3ph blower is a Canadian made 'Meteor' brand. I think the current price is around $1,70CAN with hydraulic chute and PTO shaft. ....

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
Big Eddy

2000-12-18          22571

I bought a 60" Meteor this fall, with manual chute complete for list price of $1440 CDN - That's less than $1000 US given the current exchange. I plowed with a front blade for the last few years, and used the loader as well, and there is no comparison. The Blower is the way to go.

Added benefits - With the blower, you end up with NO banks and no piles of snow. The banks are a big issue in my area, as by end of winter, the drive is exactly the width of my plow blade and, being in a windy spot, the snow loves to blow right over the top and settle in the hole (On my drive!!##!!) so that I have to clear it all over again. With the loader your need to find a good spot to move the snow to, and in my case, unless I start at the back of the lawn, the pile gets too tall to reach the top!
With the blower, the "bank" is much wider and further away from my drive, avoiding the drifting issues.

The only downside is that with the blower the loose gravel is spread over a larger area, but my solution is to keep the blower about 2" off the gravel for the first couple of passes, packing down the snow into a solid layer. Works fine until we get a big thaw like this weekend.

Snowblade For B 2710

View my Photos
TomG

2000-12-19          22607

The other negative for me is 'no cab.' There's a short section where I can't blow to either side. I have to blow straight back, and then drive through the flume. Some days I get completely covered in snow, and my wife tells me to come in the house through the back door. Still, I rather blow than plow. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login