Go Bottom Go Bottom

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-30          137470

The weather channel first predicted 3-8" of snow for tomorrow that has now been up-dated to 5-10". Weather alerts and snow adviseries are scrolling across all sorts of TV screens and web news channels.

Suppose we'll get a dusting of snow or 1" and the weather men will make fools of themselves again. They never seem to blush though! We'll see how it turns out!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-30          137472

Yup, it's that time of year.

Yesterday it was 60°, this morning at 7:30 it was 53° which was as cold as it got overnight, and since then the temp. has dropped to 40° and the rain has changed to freezing rain, they say it will go down to 30° overnight, and Friday's high will be only 32° with either flurries or freezing rain.

The only bright spot is Saturday it's supposed to be sunny and 37° with no wind. :)

Best of luck. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-11-30          137482

We got about 8" Monday into Tuesday, then temperatures in the 20s, then freezing rain. Winter is here. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-30          137486

Ha! Suuuuckas! It's 8:45 PM and 70 degrees outside---in fact the air conditioner just turned off. Last year I was still here in Katrinaland so I gave my plowing customers to a competitor. Good thing 'cause it only snowed enough 4 or 5 times to plow the entire season. This year (still here) sold my Boss V-plow so I guess that means I'm a bonafide redneck now (though I do still have the electrical and mount still on the Dodge just in case) And no, I don't miss the snow. Or the biting cold. Or frozen fuel lines. Or getting up at 2 AM to see IF I need to plow. Or staying up for 32 hours plowing. Me thinks these Southerners might have a leg up on us Yankees when it comes to enjoying the weather. Or maye I'm just gettin' old. Prob'ly both.

Well, if you'll excuse me I think I'll go for a swim now. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-11-30          137487

I went the other way. Moved from Arizona via California to Oregon. There's no way the desert could lure us back. But I do wish the winter days were longer. Snow and Ice are no - just stay home when driving is difficult. Keep the pantries, propane and firewood stocked and all is well. Heat and humidity are the killers for us. There's a reason hell is hot. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-11-30          137489

It was 10 degrees here last night and yesterdays high was 31. The snow has stayed up above 6500-7000 feet so far.

I do need to find all my plow parts now so I don't have to dig them out of a drift when it does snow down here at 5000 feet.

Not this weekend though...... I'm going deer hunting!!

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-12-01          137491

Not a flake of snow yet, but more rain than you can imagine. It's begininning to freeze and snow is predicted for the rest of the day.

I like the change of seasons, don't mind the snow and cold. It keeps bugs, pests and some creatures away. My best friends apparently feel the same way and have retired to the U.P. in Munishing, MI. just off the Lake Superior shoreline.

Got snowblowers, tractors with cabs and generators all up and running early this year ahead of the bad weather. That is a first for me. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
Murf

2006-12-01          137494

EW, but you're forgetting a few things;

October 15, 1954, the last time a hurricane came through here.....

Mobile home, NOT something caused by a hurricane.....

Ticks, just something Vern down at the Legion has.....

Chiggers, what we use to lure Muskie through the ice.....

Besides that, if it's cold, I can throw another log on the fire, or put on a sweater but I can only take so much clothing off when it's hot.

;) ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-12-01          137497

Hey EW,

I was sitting on the front porch today drinking a Margarita (frozen of course) and I noticed that two Tomatos had ripened in the garden. As I strolled over to pick them I realized I was still in my underware O'well.

See Murf I did not have to take anything off, could have, but didn't. Did not want to stress out the wildlife. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-12-01          137500

Murf my parents were only 9 years old when that hurricane hit. Spoke too soon about the warm weather though---worked outside (okay so the bobcat has a cab and heat) and got wind burned from the 30-something temps. It was like being home again---ah---the OTHER home in case any rednecks are reading and close by. ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-12-01          137503

No hurricanes in WI. We got the snow!! 10-12" at my parents place in Milwaukee. Totally chaos here. Wet snow that turns to ice when packed down (driven on). Blizzard conditions with the wind. Semi's jacked all over the place. Freeways were shut down due to accidents. Radio saying don't call the sheriff because they just won't get to you.

I ventured out when it was over so I could unload my Uhaul trailer. I still had idiots tail-gating me. Sounds like Chicago got hit hard too. OHare had that jet slide off the runway and get stuck in mud. So they were down to one runway. That will make a mess of O'Hare!!

I do miss that all-inclusive place in Mexico I was at 2 weeks ago... ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-12-01          137504

I forgot to mention on Wednesday my movers cut out early to beat the snow the Des Moines TV stations were going Ape-Shlitz about. We never got a a single snow flake out that. There are wars and such going on all over the place. They at least could not blow it out of proportion. But then what else would they do or say? ....

gett in ready for snow

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-04          137578

My paper said we got 17", I think it was more like 16.5
Our roads are still looking like crap in a few places even though its been 3 days ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login