Go Bottom Go Bottom

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
CraigC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-23          80809

Just wondering if anybody has had much luck buying used tillers? They cost so much to buy new and get used so little was thinking used might be the way to go.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-23          80858

Or if you only plan on once a year maybe renting till you find a heck of a deal!? ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-24          80934

Keep an eye out for a demo. That is how I got my Land Pride 1554 tiller. Have you looked at Corriher & CCM? ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-24          80951

Do you have a dealer for used Japanese imported tractors nearby? I believe that the Japanese farmers use tillers exclusively and most of those imported also come with tillers.

I stopped at a local dealer in Minnesota and he had three of them for sale on his lot. I didn't check price though. Also, they may be simply worn out. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-24          80959

Haven't looked seriously yet, at this point it's more of a wish than anything. My neighbor is a landscaper and offered me to use his reverse direction Land Pride, I thought this was real nice of the guy but don't feel I can borrow a tool the guy uses to make his living with. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-03-24          80986

I got a used sovema for $166. They guy had left it out side for at least 10 years. But it works. He claimed he tilled 3 acres with it. I think he never used it since the paint was still on the cutting edge. Look at the tines thats the best way to tell the amount of use it has had. That landpride reverse tiller is the best you can get. I am going to get one when i get a bigger tractor. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
StephenR

2004-04-13          82944

Does anyone know where I can rent a 3pth rototiller? I've called around but no one rents them. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
Mecheng

2004-04-14          83079

I bought a used Agril (Made in Spain) 50" tiller for $450 and it works fine. It was used commercially and looks pretty rough. Thinking about going through it later this summer to replace gaskets etc. Going rate used around Missouri is $400 to 600.
I just found out Missouri Conservations rents them at the county AG offices. Maybe for wildlife food plot commitment only. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
N.C. Rob

2004-04-15          83253

Picked up a used $250 iseki tiller from gray market dealer. 3pt attachment needs to be be fabricated in order to work. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
bigone9

2004-06-02          87537

Try your Kubota dealer. the ones around here rent them. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-02          87564

CraigC; I've been having the same delema. I really wanted a Land pride reverse tiller, but happened to find a dealer who had a Land pride RTA 3576 that had sat on the lot for a couple years and had been rented for ten hours to the city to build a new baseball field. The paint is dull, but the tines don't show any wear. He sold it to me for $750.00 less than a new one out right. I spent another 50 or 60 bucks for a quart of Land pride paint and a decal set, so hopefully it will look like new soon. I haven't had time to use it yet, but it looks like it would tear up some pretty tough stuff. I don't know if it is capable of doing garden type work or not, but my main concern is tearing up soil for landscaping work. Just another one of those important tools (never under any circumstances call it a toy) that the wife wonders what in the world do you need that thing for? Frank. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-06-02          87567

Sounds like you got a good deal Frank. I think the reverse LandPride is the best you can buy. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-02          87568

CraigC; About the only piece of rear mount 3pt. Compact tractor equipment that I have that isn't Land pride is a JD MX5 rotary mower which is a top notch machine, but I've allways been impressed with the rugged reliability of Land pride and their excellent dealer network. They seem a bit pricey compared to Tractor Supply type machines, but like the energizer bunny they just run and run and run. Frank. ....

luck with used tillers

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-06-02          87570

Yeah I know what you mean about quality Frank, you have to remeber LandPride is owned by Great Plains and they really made a name for them selves in the ag industry with their drills. I have know farmers who were very loyal to their color of equipment but when it came to drills those red tractor pulled green (Graet Plains green that is) drills. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login