Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anyone Know Who Makes These

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-10          65932

I was browsing around and saw this tractor at Homier Inc. (www.homier.com). Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who makes this tractor and have any information, feedback on quality, durability, and practicality. I think I already have an idea but you never know. With 30 hp 3cyl. diesel, 2 speed pto, 4WD, 2 stage clutch, power steering and canopy; how bad can it be for $7,999?

click on the Tractor link and then click on "Other" then the tractors.

Link:   Tractor

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-10          65936

To the best of my knowledge, Farm Pro is a Chinese tractor. The sheet metal appears identical to the tractors Northern Tool sells. ....

View my Photos
chipperman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-10          65992

Chief
I beleive they are made by Jima (Chinese)
Chipperman ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-10          65995

I thought Jinma's were blue? If they are made by them; might be a pretty good tractor. From what I have read about them, they are pretty solid tractors. Not much on bells and whistles but a solid built tractor. Just not many dealers and parts support. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-10          65996

Here ya go. An entire line of Jinma tractors! I was thinking of buying a chipper from these guys - the price is right. ....

Link:   Adams Tractors

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-10          65997

Nice tractor and prices but I am stickin' with the green paint. Maybe for a second tractor? ;-) ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-10          65998

I agree with you Chief. I saw these before I bought green. It's frustrating to be out of business waiting on parts or trying to find the right parts and with the major brands that's generally not a problem. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-11          66012

I've been thru to much to trust so much. I've seen lines and we have had the option to even have our own choice of color and name on the tractors, but they were gone a year or two later. Sorry boys, ask your local dealer how much he would allow you for a trade in! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66020

Ken, what was the story with the wood chippers? $1550 is a really cheap price if it works half way descent. Are these junk too? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-11          66021

Art... that trade-in question is not just for chinese tractor dealers. The local Deere dealer refused to take my 4100 in trade for a new 4115! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66022

I didn't see a forum section for Jinma tractors. Think maybe this might be a good time to start another forum section for this brand tractor??? I think we are all agreed that they may not be of the highest quality, but for someone on a budget (and I remember many such years as this for me) it may be a very practical solution. A forum section devoted to this brand tractor would at least allow information to be collected and made available to anyone with a possible interest and help debunk any rumor control. What do you think Dennis? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-11          66026

Chief, I have only been toying with the idea of getting one of these chippers and haven't seriously committed. Once in awhile I check in at the chinese tractor board and the few guys who have these chippers seem to be pretty happy with them. They are supposed to be very simple, fairly well built, and easy to fix. There's not too much to a chipper so it might be a good gamble. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66029

Ken, this would be an excellent opportunitiy to buy one and test it out for us and post some feedback. ;-) Ahhh, alas, if money only grew on trees or came in rolls like paper towels. ....

View my Photos
mscott6799

2003-10-16          66397

Hi All
I have a Jinma 354 which is the same size tractor as the 30 hp tractor. I've owned it almost a year and have put close to 150 hours on it plowing snow, drilling fence post and bushhogging 20 acres of wild rose bush, most 3 to 4 inches at the roots. I admit I was leary of a Chinese tractor because of its reputation. After owning it now I realize most problems were not about the Jinma but other Chinese brands. Yes it looks a little crude and has had a couple minor leaks but its a big 4000lb., very strong, 4x4 35 hp tractor. Parts are very easy to get now with at least 3 online parts suppliers. I'm not a dealer just a satisfied customer just like hundreds of other Jinma owners. ....

View my Photos
CRTucker

2004-01-22          74683

It is Jinma and they also make the Agracat tractors and 3 or four others sold here. I suppose they are a good unit for the dollars. Parts and service are the most important things however. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-22          74761

Parts are not a problem,service is as easy to come by as any tractor,you got to get somebody to work on them,if you want somebody to work on it. My independent green and red dealer both said that they would work on it if needed,cause they needed the work,any qualified shop can also work on them,They sell them with parts and labor,which is good anywheres. So whats your next reason for not wanting one and maybe I can dispell that myth also. Richard ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-01-22          74767

Mine reason would be cause I already bought blue;-0..
Actually I have second guessed myself already on not having spent much time looking at the chinese tractors. But Then I usually think that when I am getting ready to make the next payment on my new blue.( only 22 more to go ) But when I'm on the blue I don't ever think about it.
I just never gave alot of thought, being I am not the most mechanically inclined. That being said I never thought about being able to take it to a Major dealer for work either.
Oh Well, Hind site..... I have already recommended to a friend not to over look them. For his very limited use I think it would be a good fit. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-22          74768

I referenced a Jinma chipper earlier in this thread and finally bought one. It arrived this week but I can't use it yet because my hydraulic top link is too short for it. I'm going to modify it to fit the I-Match hitch which will solve the top-link issue. But that requires renting a trailer and hauling it to a welding shop. It's always something.

Anyway, first impressions are that it is a very simple design ruggedly built and easy to maintain. It has a mechanical feed roller that is pulled down into the wood by some strong springs. My only complaint so far on the design is that for thicker wood, maybe anything over 3", you have to pull a lever to raise the feed roller. It is awkwardly positioned and sort of twists the lower back when operating it. As designed it would be a two-person job to feed larger materials into the chipper. It appears that it would be easy to fabricate a foot pedal to operate the roller and I think I'll have that modification done as well. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login