Go Bottom Go Bottom

Chinese Tractors - US Market Name Farm Boss

View my Photos
BobinNY
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-09          43589

Has anyone ever heard of a tractor made in China, marketed in the U.S. as the "Farm Boss"? Their pricing is very good but I dont have any other information about them.

Their 4wd, 22hp tractor is $6,025 delivered to your door in a crate. With a FEL $8,200. With FEL & BH $11,200. They are 3cyl water cooled, full gauges, 2 stage clutch, dry shoe brake. ROPS protection (folding optional), open or closed cab (optional). Front and rear weights standard and a variety of optional cateory 1 3pt. implements. Choice of 4 colors: red, Blue, green, orange.

You have to put these together but everything comes with it in a bolt pack and instructions, including a sub-frame if you order the BH.

I would assume that there is not much difference between these and the "big" three. They state that parts are readily available from them, and in many cases (belts, hoses, air, oil, fuel filters, and many mechanical parts) at your local tractor dealer. Comes with a 1 year 'bumper to bumper warranty also.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-10-09          43594

Something from the big 3 or 4 gives you a dealer to talk to, proven records of decades of reliability and parts support and a resale value.

Maybe somebody knows if the various makes of Chinese tractors actually come out of one factory and are basically the same tractors. If so, there may be some comments about low reliabilities on various boards.

On the other hand, some gray tractors may be very good deals for low stress estate uses. A tractor that sees under 50 hours use a year and mostly for finish mowing maybe doesn't have to be real reliable and might last indefinitely even if big 3 (4) are more robust. Maybe for estate use, you don't need robust and a gray tractor might be a cost-effective throw away. Throw away in the sense that a U.S. marketing company may have few assets and made no guarantees and it's possible that such a company could simply disappear. In that case, if a gray broke it would just be scrapped. But, if it sits in a shed a lot, expectations to throw it away might be acceptably low.

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-09          43597

Bob, I have not heard a single success story yet about the purchase or ownership of a chinese tractor.
Northern Tool and others sell them, but no one is reporting here on their experience.
The prices you are looking at would get you a ten year old recognizable brand with a thousand hours on the clock and the same goodies, but with a dealer down the street for parts and service support.
A better deal for the money I think. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-09          43599

Also,FIY: My recent shopping excursions have uncovered tractor/loader/backhoe packages from Kubota for about $15.3K and from Kioti for $16.4K. ....

View my Photos
Stan

2002-10-09          43601

Mark,
Kubota T-L-B package from Kubota, which model/where? Guess I would also be interested in knowing about the Kioti too, since a local dealer just started to carry them.
Thanks,
Stan ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-10-09          43602

Remember when Yugo's came on the market? I remember reading a magazine article in which the writer stated that a person was better off with a 10 year old 100,000 mile Toyota than a new Yugo. Same applies to Chinese tractors. I've had Chinese, Gray and at least one each of the Big 3 brands. The grays match the basic quality of the Big 3, but are generally built lighter and have less features (not always the case, the F46D I just sold compares well with any tractor) and most do not have ROPS and some other safety features. The South Korean tractors, such as TYM, Mahindra, Century, Kioti, and Branson are close on the tail of the Big 3 for both features and quality. The Chinese tractors use old technology, inferior raw materials, and inferior build quality. I do understand that the basic diesel engine in the Chinese tractors aren't bad, but things go downhill from there. Just my opinion, but an educated one. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-10-09          43607

Stan, The Kubota is a BX22 and the price came from Portland Oregon but there are deals at that level or lower on the internet. BTW don't mistake the BX for a garden tractor or a toy, it is a serious tool.
The Kioti quote came from a dealer in central Oregon for a Model 1914 T/L/B, but again there are comparable deals online. I can provide names of dealers if you are out west. ....

View my Photos
Stan

2002-10-09          43608

Thanks for the info Mark. Thought you might have meant the BX22. I've looked them over - they look pretty good actually, especially w/ my small place. Ground clearance w/ the MMM on, and size of the bucket made me think I wanted bigger, but they sure are nice. BTW, I'm in WI, where tractors of any color seem to cost more for some reason. ....

View my Photos
John Nelson

2002-10-23          44108

There are a lot of people who LOVE their Chinese tractors. With over 3000 Jinmas sold in USA in 2002 and more for 2003 they seem to be doing OK. Task Master sells the other favored brand of Chinese tractor and all us Chinese tractor dealers think theirs is better. However the Chinese make more tractors than anyone else in the world, more diesel engines than anyone else in the world. They have done so for some time. Their concerns about fit and finish are not as high as USA however the machine runs well and does so in every country in the world without highcost dealer support like the Big guys. ....

View my Photos
Tractor Barn

2002-12-21          46396

It really doesn't matter what name/color you buy, chances are very good the many of the cast components and possibly machined components were imported to Japan and Korea from China. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-21          46398

I cannot personally recommend the chinese tractors. They seem ok but of lower quality materials than the japanese or korean ones. For those wanting more information you might want to check out this link. Check out the message boards. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Peters

2002-12-21          46399

Stan&Mark;
Kioti introduced the first CK on the web. It is a similar size to the 1914, but updated. It looks very nice in picture. Has anyone seen one in person?
Peters ....

View my Photos
dcsmith02

2002-12-21          46406

I looked hard and long at them, all of about 20 minutes. Some of the Chinese tractors that were in the crates already had oil stains underneath them. I had a bad "Lemon" Diesel tractor once. I cannot tell you the amount of frustration that thing brought on me. Find someone who owns one before you purchase that thing. Good Luck ....

View my Photos
kevanos

2003-02-19          49547

Farm Boss is a Jinma, imported from China. All Chinese tractors are NOT the same. (I don't own or sell them, so I'm not trying to push them). Many people do own them, and lots are sold each year. Parts are available, just search the web. Do your research.

Link:   Farm Boss

View my Photos
russc

2003-02-20          49672

where can i find more info on task master? ....

View my Photos
kevanos

2003-04-22          53587

http://www.taskmaster.net/ ....

Link:   Task Master

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This