Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Neil in PA
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-08          42157

I've recently started shopping for a 20-25 Hp compact tractor, and yesterday I visited my local Kioti dealer. He also sells Lamborghini. I looked at a Runner 250 4WD. It seemed to have a lot of features which may be great or may never be used, but it was a good looking tractor. One thing I havn't seen elsewhere is a front axle differential lock. The dealer said he's been selling these for a couple of years, but I can't find any discussions about them on this or another forum. Are they so new and/or so expensive that nobody has one?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Lamborghini

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-08          42160

Neil, Are you pulling my leg? Next you will find a slightly used Ferrari with R-1’s and a front blade that doubles as an air scoop? Or maybe a Porsche manure spreader? It boggles the mind. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-08          42161

Never mind. It's all true!!!! ....

Link:   

Click Here

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Peters

2002-09-08          42163

I think they just started importing them here. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Art White

2002-09-09          42171

Those tractors have been in the states since the late 70's or early 80's with the SAME group from Italy. Kubota also offers front diff lock in there M group of tractors and have since the early 80's. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
TomG

2002-09-09          42176

David Brown, who is known for making Aston-Martins, started out making tractors. I believe that both he and Lamborghini became interested in speed after years of doing well at building pull. I think Brown eventually bought Aston-Martin but I don't know how Lamborghini got into cars. David Brown is the DB in Aston-Martin model numbers it originally referred to the engines I think. Maybe my recollections need a bit of help here.

I too have watched three wheels spinning and wondered about a front diff lock. A related subject discussed awhile back is a differential between the front and rear drive trains. If I remember, during turns (the diff locks wouldn't be engaged) distances traveled by the front and back wheels are different and a differential would improve traction.

Lamborghini

View my Photos
karmakanic

2002-09-30          43134

[blue]I think Brown eventually bought Aston-Martin but I don't know how Lamborghini got into cars.[/blue]

The story is that Lamborghini got into the car business after he was treated badly by someone at Ferrari.

Dave ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Peters

2002-09-30          43136

From the web site he was initial in tractors and then got into cars. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-10-01          43160

John Deere has mfgd. Larger ag tractors for many years with mfwd that automaticly disengages whe a brake single break is applied, or the tractor is traveling at high speed. When the tractor is traveling at high speeds, and BOTH brakes are applied, the front axle is automaticly engaged to increase traction during brakeing.

They have not incorporated this into the compact line,and I don't know if they plan too.

They have no diff lock on the front axles of ag tractors with mfwd or compacts yet either.

The large 4wd articulated tractors there is a frt and rear dif lock option.

As an old hand at driveing tractors, I don't know if I would want front dif lock on something with an FEL. The spinning wheel is a way to save some gears and bearings. dureing FEL work, sometimes the load on the front wheels spinninggreatly increases i a split second. thus putting extreme load on the driveline. Something has to give sometimes.

Yes, they could increase the strength of the driveline, but this ads weight and cost. To even offer this option, the costs could be great.

I know Kubota does it on just the M's so maybe it is not so far fetched. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
TomG

2002-10-02          43209

Good point about the loader weight and more front traction from a front diff lock maybe doing damage. I believe that it's the same idea as some advice that the use of tire chains on the front only isn't a good idea. I do a lot of loader work in 2wd just because I want to avoid taking on a bunch of weight in the bucket which adds traction and having the front wheels pull into the pile at the same time.

Sounds like the JD design is a pretty smart system. As I read the comment, I can see that it's good to avoid doing everything the system prevents doing. I hear that some European tractors have top-speeds over 50 mph and are used as trucks. Bet they have smart drive systems too.

Another wrinkle in the front drive idea is that I've heard that some heavy equipment have differentials between the front and rear drive-lines. The idea is to keep the 4wd truly full-time during turns (because the front and rear turning radiuses are different a differential can keep both axles pulling). I haven't heard of this design used on tractors of any kind.

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Art White

2002-10-02          43233

Mr Ethics, Just trying to keep up with product knowledge but which models come on with both brakes at all speeds? ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Art White

2002-10-04          43349

Tom for your reference there are many lines today that offer front differential lock or lmited slip on tractors over 40pto horsepower. They also have the braking on many of them that engage the front wheel drive when stopping. Some of the latest models are even putting the brakes on the front as the road speeds are currently hitting 30mph on these tractors that are often towing two to three times there weight down roads ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
kevanos

2003-02-19          49552

Lamborghini is part of the Same-Deutz Fahr family. There was a dealer near me, but he closed. They seem to be pushing the Same and Deutz-Fahr brands now, and not the Lamborghini or Hurlimann brands in the USA.
http://www.lamborghini-tractors.com/

By the way, there IS a Ferrari tractor!!! It is now owned by BCS, who also owns the Pasquali brand. They are being imported into the USA again, see
http://www.ferrari-tractors.com/ ....

Link:   BCS - Ferrari Homepage

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-02-20          49597

Ya,its pretty much the same up here.SD-F is pushing the Deutz-Fahr brand these days. They did not have anything at the Toronto show that was not painted green. Lambos seem to be history along with Hurlimann for us at this time. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
Zvonimir

2003-03-04          50486

I have Same Argon and it has front diferential lock. It is mechanical lock engaged together with rear lock by pedal. If you don't want to use front diferential lock just disconnect engaging bar on front diferential engagement lever and put it on another hole. I don't have loader, and often use lock on field operation. It also has 4 wheel brakes. When you want to use one side brake for steering you can choose 2 modes: ON mode - pushing on one side brake pedal stops front and rear wheel, and OFF mode - stops just one rear wheel. Even when is OFF mode, when you push both brake pedals together it brake all 4 wheels. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
DrJ225

2003-04-17          53270

Actually Porsche did make tractors. Attractive red diesel tractors in the 1950s I believe. ....

Lamborghini

View my Photos
DLHnMaine

2003-04-24          53725

DrJ225, Porsche did make make and import tractors. They whad diesel engines. They had a single, a twin, a three and four cylinder machines. The interesting thing is the engines were modular and you could bolt together two twin cylender engines, and have a four cylinder if you neede extra HP... My boss has one of each.. A single, a two, a three and a four cylinder machine. All restored.

Dan ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login