Go Bottom Go Bottom

20HP comparison

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-26          3320

My Personal comparison (No brand loyalty)John Deere 4100 (20HP):Price: 54" belly mower, 410 front end loader, Industrial tires/rims & Rear weight box. (+/-) $16,500 Plus'sFront end loader is very easy to install (approx 3-5 minutes)The entire loader comes off, minus two mounts in front of the rear tires.Very easy to use Hydrostatic controls.Can have belly mower and front end loader on at the same time.Very tight turning radius (Slighty less than the Honda)Joystick hydrolic control, positions aside of the seat. (Very Nice)Every control is EASILY & READILY marked, even hydraulics are color coded.Minus'sSlightly louder than either the Kubota or the especially the Honda. Would be nice to have a 24-26HP mounted in this tractor.—----------------------------------------Kubota B2100 (21HP)Priced with same options as above, minus rear weight box.(+/-) $17,500Plus'sExtremely easy to remove the exterior panels around the engine (Maintainance)ummmm.....Kubota offers a 17 horsepower unit in the 2100 platform? (B1700)Slightly quiter than the John Deere.Minus'sLong engine compartment = larger turning radius, reduced visibility, manuverability.Poor turning radius, compared to JD, especially Honda.FYI. Kubota offers something that will turn your front wheels 60% faster for better turning.....Turning radius improved only slightly.Seat position is very high (Maybe a Plus to some)Higher price than the JD.Half of the loader has to remain on the tractor in order to be Quickly connected.This reduces availability to the engine compartment (Higher Maintainance time)Mounting frame required for the Kubota loader offers less visibility than the JD.Hydrostatic controls caught my foot (Consistantly).I had to ask the salesmen what a few of the function levers performed (Poorly Marked)—-------------------------------------Honda 6522 (22HP)4 year old DEMO W/250 hours. (Appearance shows all 250 hours)Front blade, Snowblower, Turf Tires, Winter Enclosure (NICE)$11,99960" Belly Mower $1800 (No option in deck size)Front end loader $3500 (Approx)Plus'sAlmost a cockpit type feel and layout, great instrumentationWell Marked controls and functions.Very tight turning radius. (The best of the Three)Compact Hood offered great visibility, also adds manuverability.Minus'sEase of Engine maintainance is good, but not nearly as good as the JD or Kubota.Belly mower cannot be mounted at the same time as a front blade or loader.Loader takes approx 30-45 minutes to install. Mower ?No longer available in the US.Few Honda dealerships deal with this size tractor (Not as convenient as the local JD dealer)Price.....Seems somewhat ligher duty than the Kubota or JD.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

20HP comparison

View my Photos
Bill Cooman

1999-04-26          3323

You forgot to compare hydraulic systems. I'm not sure about the JD and Kubota, but I know that the Honda's is far too small (approx 4gpm total). Also, mower and loader compatability on the Honda is not possible. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
Daniel Daoust

1999-04-26          3326

Where is the M.F. 1200 series??? I would be interested in how these units compare. DGD ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-04-26          3329

MLS, I DON'T want to start a color war here, but I think you hit it on the nail head. I have been compairing the JD's and Kubota's and find the JD's plus's come out ahead. I believe the majority of JD's capacities win out also. I HOPE the only replies you get are calm opinions or fact's.IMHO,David ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
Pete Johnson

1999-04-26          3330

Your Kubota price is high.Local price here in Ohio is $1000 less with 60" mower(Assuming 4wd/HST).And what about the New Holland TC-21? ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
KG

1999-04-26          3331

I have just completed a similar comparison and have decided to go with the NH TC21D. This seems to be the best value for the money when compared to the Kubota and JD. I hope to receive mine next week. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos

1999-04-26          3333

The JD4100 can not have a backhoe mounted to it. This is a big minus for many people. If not for you, it may limit those interested in buying your tractor when you are ready to sell. I don't know if the Honda can take a backhoe. Are the turning radius comments from your experience? If they are from spec sheets they may not be comparing apples to apples. With/without turning brakes, furthest wheel outboard or minimum uncut area with a mower deck etc. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
Pete Johnson

1999-04-26          3336

What kind of price did you get?Pete ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
KG

1999-04-26          3340

The tractor was $11,370 for a TC 21D4 with R4 tires and the deluxe 3pt.The midmount mower was $1750.00The Loader (which I not getting now) was $3,400 which seems high to me. I going to look around and see if a Bushhog or some other after market might be more reasonable. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos

1999-04-26          3342

I believe the both JD and Kubota hydraulics are about 7gpm, which is pretty standard. The 4 gpm is too small. It would have trouble working a loader, unless it was a very small one.Lee ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
prl in va

1999-04-27          3348

I own a Cub 7260 (26 hp) that I bought in Jan 99. During my shoppingdays I cross checked the 20 hp range and became familiar with the basic 20 hp tractors across the manufacturers you have mentioned.Look also into New Holland TC21D and Cub 7205. They will match andexceed most of the JD and Kubota specs (slightly). Prices will be in samerange.In my case, I found all (JD, Kubota, NH, and Cub) to be fine; however,I stepped up into a larger tractor size (2600 lb vs 1700 lb). ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-05-04          3469

Gentlemen,I didn't compare the MF,Ford/Boomer because local dealerships for those makesare too far away for my likings. I would probably have to drive 25-35 miles for the closest dealership in those makes. A little too far when something breaks, or I need a bolt or something.Guess the farmers in my area only like two colors. Anyway, I would still like to check Cub Cadet/International & Allis C.I really like the supersteer option on the Boomer, do they offer the SS option on a 20 hp model? Problem again, closest dealership 25-30 miles away.The price I got for the Kubota was probably his starting price, not dealing price.At least I hope. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos

1999-05-07          3570

Try the comparison against a B2710 instead of a 2100. ....

20HP comparison

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-05-11          3696

Dick,Nice unit, but unfortunately not an apples to apples comparison. Kubota is a 27hpwhile the JD is only 20HP. I think the 2710 is in the same class as the 4200, not the 4100.Please keep in mind, this was my personal comparison for a 20hp tractor, to meet my needs.I will be using the tractor for: Mowing=80-90%, loader/grading=10-20%.I will agree with you that the 2710 seems better than the 2100. I just don'tneed that much tractor. My wife thinks I'm crazy to want the 20hp. I disagree. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login