Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ingersoll 4000 series Any opinions

View my Photos
Ron C.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-28          2116

After losing over 2k in parts repairs ect on the Wheelhorse D250 I bought used two years ago from a not to far away neighbor and having it seize this winter, I'm researching and buying new. Any one have or know of the Ingersoll (old Case) garden tractor line. Series 4000, 4020 with under car. deck, snow thrower, wood splitter, a vac unit, and tiller/plow. Have 2 Ac. with B&B and small pond. Need to keep property looking half decent. Quickpart now offers a front end bucket for the 4000 and also a back hoe unit. 2,500 and 5,000. Otherwise I get a 48 commercial walk benhind that attaches a snow and the other yard tools seperate. I have a price of 6,300 or so for the tractor, no price on the deck or splitter. The 6000 or small kubota are to big for me to get around the yard. Any other small tractor ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
rob

1999-03-28          2117

The 6000 was had a a rental tractor. Check the weight, these units are heavy. Ingersoll's (Rand) son bought the line from case because he like it so muck back in the ealry 60's. Ingersoll parts still fit on the Case. How much work will you do with those attachments? Check out the 6000 it has the bucket on it and is made to remain on. Have not heard of a bucket on the 4000 re check that. Stilll if you can buy a 4100 or Kubota 7300 you might be better off. Rob ....

View my Photos
E. John Boylan

1999-03-29          2123

The current year model 4020 weighs 840 lbs., but the brochure does not indicate if this is with deck or not. This is the same weight range as that of the JD 425. I believe all 4020 series came with a Category "0" three-point hitch in the rear, with both lift and down-pressure capabilities. I think that the following prices are close to suggested retail on this year's models:3000 series (w/18hp Onan) Tractor $6,799 48"deck $1175 bagger approx.$7004000 series (w/20hp Onan) Tractor $7,999 48"deck $1175 bagger approx.$7006000 series (w/18hp Onan) Tractor $11,050 48"deck $1175 bagger approx.$700(??-Some say not available) (w/20hp Honda) Tractor $11,500A rear PTO for the tiller is optional on current models.If the tractor you are looking at has power steering, it is a "4020PS" and weighs 25 lbs. more. My cross-street neighbor at our vacation home has had an Ingersoll for years now--he's a Stihl/Snapper dealer, so I expect he selected based on the Ingersoll's quality. They are stout, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat if we had a dealer local. And thanks for the info on the front loader--the rumor was one would soon be available. ....

View my Photos
Sandy

1999-03-29          2155

I have an Ingersoll 4016 with Onan engine, 300 hours, 54" front blade, 41" tiller, 48" mowing deck, weights, chains, oil, spare belts and blades for sale. I'm asking $4950. I used this setup to maintain my 3 acres, 200' long driveway, 100'x100' garden for 5 years. I bought a New Holland 1925 last year and only put 17 hours on the Ingersoll. I've maintained the lifetime warranty so there is nothing wrong with the machine. I live in SE MI. ....

View my Photos
Catfish

1999-03-29          2161

I bought a 4020 two years ago with a 48 inch deck to mow about 7 acres. It is a very good mowing machine and is very well built. I wouldn't buy any other garden tractor after buying this one. However, 7 acres takes too long with a garden tractor. I wish I had bought a compact kubota or NH. It sounds like this is a good choice for you for mowing, tilling, snowclearing, woodsplitting, but I don't think I would recommend it for a front loader or backhoe. How much of that will you do? ....

View my Photos

1999-03-29          2162

Forgot to tell you, the list price I was given was about $8200, but I gave $6500 for the tractor and deck. ....

View my Photos
Paul

1999-03-30          2183

I bought an Ingersoll 3016 last year and it is the best garden tractor I`ve owned. I maintain about 2 acres of landscaped grass area, I rake a 400` beach every morning. I also use it to mow our grass parking lot(1-2 acres). I have had no problems with it. Just recently I did some drainage on the property and have been raking rocks and dirt and hauling so fairly heavy loads. So far It has exceeded my expectations. I believe I`m getting what I paid for ....

View my Photos

1999-04-13          2787

Thanks to all for replying. I loss my Internet server on Cape Cod, Ma. so had to wait till I got back on line befroe responsing. To answer a few Questions ask of me by reply messages. I need this machine to mow 2 Ac but not a straight shot. rear ,side and front yard of an un finished lanscape yard. I've been building a lg. B&B house for the past two years and hope to open this summer. Need to finish landscaping, stone walls,retaining walls, water line and sprinkers. I hope to put a bucket on the front for small work, stone up to 75- 100 lb. Ingersoll reps in Maine told me the new Quick connect front bucket will be able to handle up to 600 lbs. I need to mow, snow removal, log split, boat tow to pond, vac or bag leaves ect, & landscape this coming year. I think the Kubota 1700 or even the 7300 is to wide and big for the job a hand. I was told to get the Kubota in one responses. Another mentioned the 6000 Ingersoll. it would do except it is also alittle to large. The bucket can not be removed easily and its more$$$, the 6000 is also a stronger unit, heavier guage steel ect. If the 4000 can handle the bucket and the do my maintenance needs I should be all set.THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU RESPONSES AND HELP. ....

View my Photos
ron c

1999-04-17          2969

Paul, Can you tell me what you did you drainage with on your ingersoll? Do you a have a bucket attached somehow? Front end or rear? I also need to do drainage and sprinklers and am trying to decide how to do when I get a ingersoll 4000 or 6000ron c ....

View my Photos
Ron c

1999-04-17          2970

Rob, Why do you think the Kubota 7300 is better? Is alot bigger than the ingersoll and wider and more expensive. for a small are under 2 ac do you think the ingersoll is a better buy? ron c ....

View my Photos
ron c

1999-04-17          2971

Catfish,I would not do much heavy front end work with a bucket but would use it alot until my landscaping is done and them from time to time. Stone walls 500 feet , sprinklers and drainage ect.. I wish I had bought a bobcat 2 yrs ago when I started. I ahve a chance to buy a friends 84 gas 455? bobcat with backhoe and pumps for 6,000. but then I have to sell it after use. rather put the $$ toward a good tractor. Ron c ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login