Go Bottom Go Bottom

Did I make a huge mistake

View my Photos
Jon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-19          1213

I just bought a used Honda 6522 (22 H.P. 4WD). It's a 1991 with 64 hours, a front snowblower and looks brand new. I know they don't import this model any more but I couldn't resist the deal. I paid $8,500 for it. I'm told parts are available if needed and there are several Honda dealers in my area (Massachusetts) that have sold and serviced this model. They say they have had exceptionally good luck with the tractor. The dealers tell me they never see them back to get worked on.I would appreciate any opinions and experience with this unit.Thanks in advance,Jon

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Ron

1999-02-19          1215

Thanks for the response to my message below. There doesn't appear to be large number of these machines out there. Our local dealer here in the north has one new old one. He wants 19900 Can for it without any attachments. It seems to me I saw them listed for 28900 Can in 1991 with hoe and loader. I have owned many Honda products in the past including a 300 4x4 ATV which served us well throughout many expedtions in the mud and trails here. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Honda to any one. Thus my interest in the tractor. Due to the lack of response my interest has changed to Kubota or Deere in particular the B20 or B1700 Kubotas or the 55/4100 series Deere but would still like to pursue a Honda. I'm located far from farm country and dealers so everything I do is sight unseen or I take my chances and drive between 4 and 12 hours to inspect a tractor which is quite time consuming when the visit doesn't work out. I am currently looking at a Kubota L2000 for 12K Can with loader but 1900 hours on it. It may also be too large for my plans. Not my business but in your subject header it helps people to find the message easier if the Model and Make is there. Very few people will search for the words you have there to find tractor information. No offense intended only a tip from my experience. Keep us informed of your experiences with this machine. Only 64 hours its barely broken in and if you are dissatisfied I'm sure with attachments it can be resold. Too bad you are so far away.RJ ....

View my Photos
jthej

1999-02-19          1216

sorry jon, not much interest in honda compacts. higher priced than the others & lighter built. due to their lack of popularity, not a lot of aftermarket mts.& attachments available. $8500 is alot when you can buy a new b-7300 kubota w/ loader for $11200 ....

View my Photos
Jon

1999-02-19          1217

Hi Ron!Thanks for the response and information. I appreciate your help. That was the first time I've been in a newsgroup and first time I've posted a message. Needless to say, I didn't know what I was doing. Is it possible to change the header?I, too, am high on Honda products. I had a couple of Honda motorcycles when I was a kid and now have a Honda lawnmower and generator.Also, do you have knowledge about 3 pt. hitch wood chippers? I'm looking for one and don't know a thing about them.Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again,Jon ....

View my Photos
Ron

1999-02-19          1218

If all goes well I've changed it for you by simply adding Honda 6522 to my subject line in the return message. It should now show up and anyone who sees it will be able to backtrack a little.I'll keep my eyes peeled for wood chipper stuff. The net is great for us remote folks to talk to the real world.RJ ....

View my Photos
Jim

1999-02-19          1220

Hi Jon in n.shore.... my ears were ringinging. The info you requested on chippers. I took in aused Mckissic, pto drive, does brush in one end, and has a limb disc, on the other. liitle weathered, but works well $600. The other is a 6" Roberge disc. chipper this is my demo unit. I distribute these thruout the NE. Made in Canada, the work very well on small tractors. They list for about 2599$ I"l sell my demo for $2100 (its as new) ....

View my Photos
Jon

1999-02-20          1225

jthej:Thanx 4 the repsonse.I was w/u on the price comparisons.The Honda was more expensive than comparable orange, green and blue tractors. It may be true, too, that the Honda 6522 is built lighter, but the Kubota B7300 thru B2400 series is built lighter than its predecessors, the 1550-2150 and B7200-B9200.But u lost me w/the B7300. We're talking 16 vs. 22 H.P. I'm not sure what the pto H.P. is of the B7300 (11 or 12?), but it would get left in the dust by the Honda's 19. It doesn't even have power steering and has far less features than the Honda. And the front snowblower unit cost nearly $8,000 w/the required drive kit, making it far more expensive than a loader. The B7300 couldn't power some implements, such as a wood chipper. No, I didn't purchase the Honda new, but w/64 hours on it I consider it nearly new at about 1/2 the tab of a new unit.Just one man's opinion - Jon. ....

View my Photos
Jon

1999-02-20          1226

Hi Jim:I might be interested in the McKissic chipper, but the Roberge is out of my price range. How old is it and how much use has it had? You said it was weathered, which doesn't bother me, but what's the condition like? What's its capacity?I really don't know a thing about chippers. You said it was a disc type. Is the other type "hammer"?And just for the sake of discussion, what's your opinion of the Honda and the deal I got?Thanx - Jon ....

View my Photos
Jon

1999-02-20          1227

Hi Ron:Thanx 4 your help. You're a good guy. I appreciate it.Take care - Jon ....

View my Photos
Kern

2002-01-05          34308

Jon,

I also bought a used Honda tractor and love it. It has given me no problems what so ever. I have a belly mower that I have just about completely rebuilt (blades, bearings, broken welds, wheels) but the tractor has been problem free. Parts are somewhat expensive, but available. I did invest in the shop manual for future reference just in case.I also have trouble finding any web sites that carry or discuss the tractor.

Kern ....

View my Photos
isaac

2003-03-03          50453

I'm looking for any used honda tractor, even a fixer upper. Let me know if you would like to sell yoursEven of it has major problems.
thanks isaac
425-770-4413 ....

View my Photos
pspeeck

2003-04-15          53174

Hi, I own two honda tractors. A lawn tractor 3813 and a utility one 6522. I love them. the lawn tractor need to be fixed up. Mouses or rats had eaten the timing belt! can you believe that. It is the only problem I ever had. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login