Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic top link for sub compacts

View my Photos
jtfirth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-23          99127

"Little Blue" (TZ24) should arrive this Monday or Tuesday. I asked my dealer if I could add a hydraulic top link to my order and he said it's not available! When I asked if he meant for the TZ24 or in general, he said "In general, except for larger machines". Does anyone know where I can find a top link (hydraulic - category I) for my machine. This sure would make it easier to control the box blade from the driver's seat!

By the way, one of the reasons I opted for the TZ24 over the Kubota BX2230 and JD 2210 is that it had a category I 3-point hitch and not a "limited" category I.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-23          99138

You bet. Rankin Equiptment(no relation): rankineqco dot com or gearmore dot com.

Both handle the exact same product. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-24          99143

With the Tz tractors the only aux. hydro. outlets are for the loader. You can not get rear out puts on them. But there are ways around that. ....

View my Photos
BrendonN
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-24          99148

I am surprised that the TZ's three-point hitch is different than the other tractors in this class. Out of Deere, Kubota, and Massey only the JD 2210 advertises a "limited" Cat 1 but the hitches on all three are virtually the same, at least by appearance. What I was told about the GC2300 is that its hitch meets all the ASAE standards for Cat 1 except for lift height. This is more a function of the rear tire size than anything since with the short tires the hitch ends up close to the ground. My guess is that the New Holland is the same way but I don't know that for sure. (I believe the standard calls for a hitch ball height of at least 32" at the heighest position.) ....

View my Photos
jtfirth

2004-10-24          99150

Oneace, I'm not sure what you're refering to as "auxiliary hydro outlets" but my machine will have rear-mounted hydraulics to rotate the chute of a Farm King snowblower. The control is mounted on the right-rear fender. I was hoping to use the same for a hydraulic top link when using the box scraper.

What am I missing? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-24          99155

That will work, your dealer must be doing it special for you. As I said it can be worked around. ....

View my Photos
jtfirth

2004-10-24          99157

Thanks DRankin for the leads on Gearmore and Rankin. It never hurts to have more sources for equipment!

Thanks also to Oneace for the reply. By the way, I understood from my dealer that the rear-mounted hydraulics was an option from New Holland since there's already a slot for the control lever on the fender. The TZ24 I tried had this option and that's why I added it to my order. If you look at some of the pictures for TZ series on the NH web site you can see where the control lever would be located. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-24          99160

After further looking in to it. Via our sales books. I was wrong. We have just never put one on any of the tz tractors we have sold. Sorry for any confusion. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-10-24          99164

JT: The TZ is a nice little machine, but the 3pt is no different from the JD 2210 or Kubota BX. The limit on the "Limited 3PT" is the lift height and all of the 3 have nearly identical chassis height. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-10-25          99204

I brought my TZ24DA in June and the dealer provided me with a top link. It came with the tractor.

I had to ask the dealer for the top link as they don't leave them attached to the tractors. Not all individuals are honest.

I would suggest you check back with your dealer. If it would help I can take a digital picture of my and email to you.

Dave ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-25          99207

The TZ-E tractors are also the Cat 0-1 hitch same as the BX and jd 2210. There is also one of the most reasonable priced optional rear remotes in the industry available for these tractors not counting the installation as we've yet to sell and install one on the small ones. ....

View my Photos
jtfirth

2004-10-25          99215

As somewhat of a "newbie", I hope I didn't offend the Kubota and JD owners with my comment about New Holland being the only one of the "big three" to offer Cat I 3-point on their sub-compacts. I agree with "limited" meaning the height of the lift. I understood it also referred to the inside diameter of the ball socket (7/8"), pin hole (3/4") and width at the hitch pins (27-1/8"). While talking to my dealer about a third-party quick-hitch attachment, he thought it would take only a Cat 0 version until we measured the width at the hitch pins (27+"). According to the JD specs, the 2210 is rated at 26".

BTW Dave, my machine comes with a top link also but I'm looking to change it to a hydraulic version. DRankin provided a few excellent sources (previous post) for this convenience item. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-10-25          99220

Be carefull when selecting a hydraulic top link. You need to make sure the retracted length of the link will work with the sub-compact top link length. Most sub-compact top links are shorter than a "standard" cat-1 top link. There really is no "standard" length, although there are standards for link spacings and pin diameters. Depends on the set up of your 3pt for the top link length. With the shorter links on the subs, you may find it difficult to find a hydraulic top link that will fit. I believe a 21" retracted length will be too long.

Many hydraulic shops can make the link for you. Link ends are available at many places, TSC/Agri-Supply/etc. SurplusCenter has been my best source for cylinders. You may even think about doing it yourself. I did, and saved some serious cash. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-25          99253

No offence to us if your sales person got one over on you. The hitch is a cat 0-1 same as the rest of the sub-compacts built by all of the manufacturers I'm familar with that are marketed in our area. All of them will spread to that width it is the rest of the hitch that tell what it can do. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-25          99262

I know we put Bush Hog Sq480's on the TZ and with out a loader or front ballast they are a wheelie machine. Same way when we put one on a BX. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-10-30          99509

I made my hyd. top link from parts from Tractor Supply (about $80)---all you need is a 2"x8" stroke hydraulic cylinder, two weld-on top ball-mounts, and a welder. The top link is hard-plumbed into the tractor since I don't remove it---and I use it all the time. The selector is fed from the factory remotes' plumbing. From there power can be diverted to the top link or the entended remotes through a 4-way selector valve behind the seat (had to move the tool box over) Switching between either is simply a pull/push of a the selector knob (I kinda cheated---bad back---and extended the knob control by three feet to a lever next to the seat bracket). After it all said and done I probably have $350 into it---lines, bracketry, fittings, selector valve, etc. ....

View my Photos
Eight-N

2004-11-07          99997

When I bought my TC33D 6 months ago I had the dealer put a single hydraulic remote on my tractor. A Few weeks ago they made up a hyd top link for me,($250) I wanted it for my box scraper thinking I could pull it forward & tip the blade up when the rippers are all the way down and keep the blade off the ground. The ram does not close all the way and so I still have a problem carrying a load of dirt when ripping. It does work well for dumping things off the fork though and getting into a pallet when the groung is not even. ....

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-11-07          100012

Eight-N what is the length of your hydraulic cylinder from center to center of your ball joints in the retracted position ?? Mine is roughly 18". It isn't on the tractor right now and is exteneded somewhat so I guesstimated. Either I don't quite understand or my box blade is different but I don't have a problem ripping and carrying dirt at the same time. ....

View my Photos
Eight-N

2004-11-09          100099

The hydraulic top link I have is 20.5" closed.
The mechanical top link that came with the tractor is 20".
I talked with the parts man at the dealership about it, I am going to get together with one of thier mechanics sometime this week and see what we can do about a shorter cylinger/stroke. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-09          100118

The cheapest and easiest way might be to add a set of Easy Change extensions to the lower links.

I think they add about 3.5 inches. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-11-09          100123

DR: Where would I find a set of these? Somewhere online to see how they work/fit?

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-09          100124

Do a google search for "pat's easy change" or go to Northern Tool.Com and enter "easy change". ....

View my Photos
JParker

2004-11-10          100154

I purchased a set of the Easy Change Links directly just before they got hooked up with Northern. I love them. Many of those small allen screws and their lock washers that hold the alignment "just perfect" have fallen out but it seems to work just fine without them.

They aren't perfect, but a great improvement in aligning to attachments when you don't have a nice smooth, level surface to store the attachments on.

See photos #5 & #6.

I was going to try and order a few more of the special washers you see in the picture. If I have any luck, I'll post a new contact number.

- JParker ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-10          100172

Northern Tool still lists them. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
JParker

2004-11-10          100185

I just tried a Google search and found the Greenwell Mfg Site. See Link Below. The phone number and e-mail listed there appear to be working as of this posting. I got a voice mail saying they were currently closed but I got a voice mail identifying the company on that number and late at night I would expect them to be closed.

I sent them an e-mail asking about some parts I wanted to buy, I'll let you know if I get a reply on that address.

- JParker ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
jtfirth

2004-11-11          100192

Thanks DRankin and JParker for the updates. Since posting my last message I've received a couple of messages from Tammy at PatGreenwellMfg quoting the cost to ship to my address. Apparently my message to them was received although it didn't appear so from my end.

I can only assume that their 1-888 number does not apply outside the United States. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login