Go Bottom Go Bottom

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
trbomax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-26          94632

Whats the correct hydraulic oil for my tc35da ? Im up north and dont have the manual.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-26          94634

Not sure where in Norhtern Michigan you are, but I know there are New Holland Dealers in Alanson, Hillman, and Williamsburg. Hope that helps. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-26          94635

New Holland tractors use standard universal hyd oil. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-08-26          94636

Ive got a pail of ISO 40. Is that OK ? Im at Starvation Lake, 6 mi south of Mancelonia. Alanson is close,but if I can use what Ive got, its easier. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-26          94640

as long as it says universal hyd fluid. I am not sure what you have is. Some of the other guys might though. Chief is a good one on fluid specs. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-08-26          94659

Maybe it doesnt matter,while greasing the unit, I notice the curl cyl on the backhoe has a bent shaft. Halfway along the shaft,about a 3/4" bend down. Whats up with this ? It functions ok and isnt leaking [yet]! ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-26          94668

If it is not too bad of a bend the seal will compensate for it for a while but eventually the shat will need replaced. I can not remember if you can get individual cyl. parts form NH of not. You might have4 to replace the whole cyl. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-26          94670

Here are the Deere Hygard specs. The New Holland web site did not have any that I could find. For the most part, pretty much any transmission/hydraulic oil that meets the CNH specs. will work.

CNH
Case, Case-IH..... MS-1207, MS-1209,
MS-1210, MS-1
Ford/New Holland..... ESN-M2C41-B,
M2C134-D, M2C48-B, M2C48-C,
M2C159-B/C, 159B/C, M2C86-B,
FNHA-2-C-200, FNHA-2-C-201

I am not sure what stores or dealers are around you but if worst comes to worst you can use Walmart SUPER TECH HEAVY DUTY TRACTOR HYDRAULIC AND TRANSMISSION OIL. It is made by Specialty Oil Company which is a branch of Pennzoil-Quaker State. It meets John Deere's JDM J20C specs and that should meet the CNH specs as well.

For the most part, hydraulic oil is 30 weight oil with special additives for use in transmission sumps and hydraulic systems. Weights of the oils vary but most are a version of one type of 30 weight or another.

A side note would be that as a good practice, it is not best to mix different types of oils but I think you will be fine to use the Wally World oil, Hygard, or other Locally available oils for top off. Just check the label to be sure the oil meets the CNH specs for your machine. You owner's manual should cover what spec. oil is required.

I would get that cylinder tended to ASAP. It may not be leaking and still functions fine but the piston rod has been weakened in the dented area and will be prone to failure in that area. When and if it does it will fail spectacularly. Best to get it repaired, in this case replaced before that happens and potentially damages the cylinger casing or causes and accident of injury.

Link:   Hydraulic/Transmission Oil

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-08-26          94674

Really strangewith this rod, no visible sign of any impact or abrasion, its just buckeled halfway up.Warranty issue ? ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-26          94677

It very well could be depending on how old your tractor is. It is a very good chance as long as what you say is right and there is no signs on abuse or misuse. Good Luck ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
TomG

2004-08-27          94681

I believe that Ford/ND 134D is kind of a universal standard, and many box store oils say that they meet 134D specs. I'm in the North as well, and my dealer recommended a all-season version of 134D called F200A. It has a 10W-30 viscosity. The specs say it meets Ford ESN-M2C134-D and NH 86509445. I've used an equivalent all-season oil from AGCO since the dealer is much closer. It should be universal transmission/hydraulic oil though. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-08-27          94702

4 months old,55 hrs.It took 2 qts hyd oil,made the cylinders feel solid again. Wouldnt think that 2 qts would make that much difference.Cant see any leaks,so I dont have a clue where the 2 qts went. ....

correct hyd oil

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-27          94719

when you unhook your hyd. couplers you lose a few drops each time. Those few drops add up and actually 2 qt. is not that bad. It is when you get down 4 to 6 Qt that you should worry. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login