Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH versus Deere and Kubota

View my Photos
rwinter999
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-10          93195

I have been shopping Deere and Kubota and someone mentioned that I should look at New Holland. I am thinking of the TC33 or TC35. Is NH as well built as the others? As reliable? Are parts as available? Any advantage of Deere or Kubota over NH?

This is a pretty naive question, but I am new to this product and would appreciate any advice. We plan to mow about 40 acres of pasture.
Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-10          93196

Rwinter
How many deere and kubota's have you owned in the past?
I will tell ya what I was told, sit in the tractors, drive em, see which feels best, figure out which dealer you like the best and cut your deal. NH is one of the "BIG 3"
There is no secret to making tractors, if you have the money behind you and put it into the tractor you will make a good rig. The dealer can make or break your experiance.
If your not dedicated to one brand and you dont mind orange,blue,green (and throw in red they are for all practical purposes the same as blue) find the dealer and the price you like and buy. my .02 ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-10          93198

Agreed. 99% of Big-3 brand owners love their machines. Chances are good that you will be able to eliminate one or more dealers just by their attitude when you talk to them. Don't listen to the sales guys when they tell you "Brand X is crap". ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-11          93200

I would agree that all 3 tractors are well-built and capable...I have been test driving several for the past month and have decided to move up to a medium frame JD (4310 or 4410)due to the many features and capabilities that these have over the 4115 and smaller. I also found that Kubota had illogical placement of several features and the closest NH dealer is over a half-hour away. Does anyone know if the '05 JD models (tractor/loader)will have the same appearance as their new 20 series? I have heard from my local dealer that they will probably be manual locking front axles instead of electronic engagement and that they will be called a 3000 series. Any knowledge about these would be appreciated. Will they be worth the wait and spend another fall/winter with the old Cub Cadet 1863? Just curious... ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-08-11          93207

dklopfeinstien, Long as your staying with the big three, they all make good stuff, so I'll just repeat my old sermon of being comfortable with the dealership you've chosen, that's important. Now I guess I'll stray a bit and let my loyanty to the Green show thru a bit. I've got both a 4310 and a 4410 and could'nt imagine a compact being more comfortable to operate. I had a 4300 prior to the 4310, the 4310 had some definite improvments. I've allways been more content to buy the last of a series after the "Bugs" are worked out than the first of a new series that hasn't proven it's self yet. I've never heard of any brand reducing their prices on a new series compared to the old series. So my vote goes for buying the ten series now. Enjoy what ever you buy. Frank. ....

View my Photos
5picker

2004-08-11          93217

rwinter999,
Ditto on everything said above. You can ask 10 different people about their preference and you will get 10 different answers. They are all good machines and it is YOUR preference that counts.

Please be sure you test drive them all and spend some time at the dealership looking around. Check out the service department and the parts department. It is the relationship you forge with a dealer that is going to make you love or hate your machine, whatever color, in the long run.

My $.02
Tim ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-14          93525

dklopfeinstien
I wouldnt wait around, go out and buy yourself a pretty new Blue machine and give deere about 3 years to work out any problems. LOL Hey hardwood I am showing my colors now, not by choice.
LOL ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-14          93546

Kubota is redoing some of it's B-lineup. I believe they maybe available in the spring and I think you will enjoy some of the (refinements) in these new models. Some of the models that they are replacing have been in the line up for some time now and have proven to be very reliable to there owners. The comany has a history of reliable products the first time out, as well as being an inovator of many new concepts to the compact tractor industry. ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2004-08-14          93550

I know that Kubota has a great reputation for durability. I was impressed with many things about the Kubota but more impressed overall with the JD 4410. The Kubota that I used was a mowing machine but I was still more impressed with the overall look of my yard with the JD. I can get the used 4410 and 72" deck with 83 hours for $17,000. I wasn't planning to get one before January for farm tax reasons but...I'm not sure if I can pass this deal up. What all is Kubota changing on their tractors next year? It would be nice to have a 3 year warranty instead of 10 months (which is what the Deere has left from its 2 year one). Does Kubota make a 72" MMM for its medium frame tractors? I tried out a used B7500 and am comparing that to the used 4410 I tested...not real fair I know. (By the way, blue is out due to the quality of both the Kubota and John Deere dealers that are both only 5 minutes away.) ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-14          93552

Thats a great reason to look at the ones you are, good luck with what ever you choose!
Art
(The comany has a history of reliable products the first time out) I respect your opinion and your experiance with Kubota's. I dont know much about Kubota, but will say that in this very competative and ever changing department policy's and department HEADS OF POLICY, I still would be carefull buying a new product line the first year or less out. I have been in 3 different buisnesses tractors, dynos, and pumps/valves for dairy's. When trying to beat the copmetition on market share and the first out with a inovative change sometimes the first few items out the door will be a nightmare. That is where your dealer and company reputation comes into play. If you ask a hundred people the same question about their new product you may get 4 or 5 different responses to that question. We just put a "new guy" in charge of quality. I can say this, he may not be there long but I like what I see! Our tractor repair area is BOOMING with tractors getting tweeked before they leave the plant, some that may of been sent out before (because of the insecurity of the dept. head worrying about what his record would look like if he had too many tractors sittin in the yard) are now staying till they get fully inspected. Anouther thing (or should I say first) We had a new set of guys assembling tractors (we had over 120 guys retire 2 months ago) we had 80 machines that had shims that were in the wrong way (tapered) The tractors would of worked fine for a few months or even maybe years but sooner or later it would require a majoir repair because of it. In the old day these machine may of been sent out with the thought of ," what we wont see wont hurt" We tore apart 80 tractors about 5 hours each one to fix the center support (formerly king pin) on each machine. I made 4 different tools to help speed up the extraction I bet I had 30 hours on these tools. That is what I meant by what has happened in the past may be in the past?
Personelly, I would make sure what ever I buy of a new product was not at the very least one of the first 1000 made, I dont care what company it is, even mine! ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-15          93553

Just re-read my post, and ART I was not questioning your views or experiances with Kubota, it was just a post on general experiances I have had working on and buying new products. I had worked in R&D at anouther company in the engineering department, It was amazing what was sold before we even had FDA aproval. Heck we did not even have a production part made when we already had 9 valves out the door and one was one that just passed the FDA inspection that I built from scratch. This was in the dairy industry working for Tri-clover Inc. Since then they have closed up shop in my town and opted for cheaper labor down south and in Mexico. A foriegn comp. bought us Alph-Laval (LA LAVAL) and saw they could cut costs by moving the company to a better taxed area. It also did not help USA workers that the parent company charged us 18% inventory for every product we had on the shelf for more than a month. Foriegn dogs!!!!! LOL They could not beat our product in the market share area so they bought us! 75 years a USA company and its anouther one gone!
So please dont take my post wrong, was not trying to out do you! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-08-15          93619

I don't take offence to your concerns with what you have witnessed. I've seen and been between owners and manufacturers when the machines didn't work and to come to terms with the customer and the manufacturer after some machines have come to the market when they shouldn't have! Kubota does have a 72" deck available for it's mid frame chassis and it's been a great mower. The new models will be a bit more rounded then the old models to keep up with design changes. ....

View my Photos
denwood

2004-09-16          96646

When you are talking about the "big three" , New Holland's compacts give you a choice of colors and dealers. Case sells the same machines with red paint and a differet hood from their dealerships. I asked the case dealer if NH made them for case and he said "no, NH doesn't make them either, they are Japanese" He did not know the exact name of the company, possibly Shibaru. So if you like NH machines you can get a red one or maybe find a closer or better dealer to work with. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-09-17          96750

Yep, Art I just asw (for the first time) a 240hp tractor with a fel on the back??? Where have I been all these years? Is this new or old? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login