Go Bottom Go Bottom

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-11          82755

Anyone here know about the 04 tractor seats on the tc 40?
I have all the info and some seem to conflict with each other. I may be getting confused with it because as you may know they are always showing deluxe models instead of standard. Was wondering how the seats are on the new standard models and if they changed them from the 03 version? I have never been up close to an 04 model yet so have no knowlege of it.
Oneace
You have any idea how easy it is (if possible at all) to switch the seats from a standard version to a pivoting deluxe version? Any idea on the cost of a deluxe seat if I wanted to buy a new one?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-11          82756

the frames of the two seats are the same, the only change is color the new ones are gray. the only thing to switch them is four bolts at the base, not sure on price not too bad i do know. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-11          82758

Would you think that the pivot seat is worth the extra money? I have up graded alot from the standard model the only thing that I did not want was the hst. What annoys me is that without the deluxe version ordered you can not get the rubber floor mat. Getting back to the seat, I did not order the deluxe seat but now I think I should of, probably too late to change the order since it was built last Monday? Dont know though and dont really want to keep bothering the dealer with questions. Do you think the dealer would be able to switch seats for me with just the added cost of the upgrade? Do you think the seat is worth it? ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-11          82759

Brokenarrow, I will check the book I have at home, but if I am not mistaken the swivel seat is a standard option on the TC33 and UP. Now I do not know about on 04's. But I do not think that would change. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-11          82761

yes the seat is worth it also because you will also have the adjustable suspenion. they will probably not have a problem switching the seat for you it only take about 15 mins. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-11          82763

also on the class 2 ot tc29 33da there really isint any differns in the options except gear or hydro because they all are labled da with the class 3 or tc35 40 45 there is a da or and a there are alot of differences between the two of those. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-11          82765

It looks like the swivel seat is standard. Here is the link to New Holland Boomers Accomadator seat

The Accommodator™ seat (on "DA" models except TC21DA and TC24DA) slides on an inclined/declined track to put you in the perfect position to achieve the best visibility and reach controls easily. It also features three inches of vertical suspension and swivels 20 degrees left or right (five positions) to make it easy to view your work or the implement behind you.

Link:   

Click Here

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-11          82767

he is not getting a da ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-11          82794

I do not have a DA either and have the Swivel. It says Except on the DA 21 and 24 ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
loganWildman

2004-04-12          82849

When I bought my TC35 standard, the swivel seat wasn't offered unless you got the Deluxe model. Looking at the link provided, it looks like the swivel seat would interfere with the aux hyd. lever and the 3pt lever on a standard model. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-12          82865

I bought the TC33HST and the dealer told me the swivel was standard on 33 and up. I have had not problem with the controls when swiveling the the seat. I did quite a bit of rear blade work with the snow this winter and had the seat turned to the 20 degree most of the time and raising and lowering the blade was never an issue. I don't have any Aux controls, so not sure about that ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-12          82868

yes you have a tc 33 he is getting a tc40a a non delux bare bones tractor you have a tc 33 wich is completely different in options. belive me i sell them ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-12          82870

OK. I was just told by my dealer and read in the pamphlet that I got regarding the Boomers that when you got to the 33 and up the features that I got ( Swivel seat, Adjust 3point etc were the standard and that they were option on the smaller 21 and 29's. I knew the TC30 was a bare bones. I did not realize the 40 was as well. My bad ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-12          82872

there are two types of tc40's the bare bones which is now the tc40a and the delux which is the tc40da as well as the 35 and 45 which are all a class III tractor they are the only tractors that have those classifications a or da. the tc29 and 33 only come in a da or the older ones a d with a choise of trans, either hydo or gear, they are a class II tractor. that is the same with the tc 18 21 and 24 they are a class I tractor. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-12          82888

See and they say you can't teach and old dog new tricks. I learn something new everyday. Today it was that I guess I was not as detail oriented as I thought when I researched buying my tractor. I didn't know about all the a and da issues. Guess I should consider myself lucky that I got what I did, becuase I have to say all those little extra features that were included are really nice to have and make time in the seat just that much easier. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-12          82890

hey thats why im here. im sorry if some times i come off sounding like a prick some times i cant thing stait and i cant get the wording right. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-12          82897

Yes the tc 40 I bought has a shuttle shift manual 12x12 trans. I added the folding rops, deluxe 3 point/w leveling crank, an extra rear hyd., filled tires,block heater, skid steer type quick latch, fel/w 72" hd bucket, rops lighting, and maybe a few more I cant remember off hand. The only 3 three things seperating my standard and a deluxe is the wrap around lighting (unless that has changed with the new 04 models) the rubber floor mat (which I really wanted but cant get with a standard for WHAT EVER REASON I dont know) and the seat, which is still in question. I like the new look of my 04, at first I didn't but it is really growing on me everytime I look at a pic. Also with the standard trans. you get that HUGE 1.8 hp increase!!!!!!!!!!!!! over the yuppie model )p
LOL. Also got AG tires and not those sissy turfs!!! ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-12          82902

Ok, 2 things, First one is my pet peev on the CASE/farmall NEW catalog, they have 2 men in the catalog that are shown on some of the tractors. These guys are HUGE!!! one must be 340# and 6'3" the other guy is just a large framed tall man. he dwarfs the dx24 he is shown on. Now is that really a smart guy to put on a pic? I see both points, but I would think you would put an average sized guy in the pic. (got that off my chest) The reason I was looking at that catalog was to see about the seat deal. It looks like the swivel is NOT on the standard tractors. This may be a mute point now that my tractor has arived at the dealer but I am e-mailing my dealer tonight and leaving it open for him when I ask if it is possible to get the seat switched. Hope I dont sound like a putz to him with this last minuit request? ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-04-12          82906

Oneace. you didn't come across bad. I think I was just frustrated with trying to understand all the difference between what I have read, what I have been told by dealers and what I have seen here. I think it is pretty safe to say of all the information I have gathered and used, the most reliable has always come from here ( The actual users of Tractors ) Gee imagine that. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-13          83002

well i dont own a nh tractor i just work on them every day. and you wont sound like a putz your spending that kind of money for something your alowwd to make last minute changes. ags are really going to mar up your yard. ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-04-14          83150

swivel seat is about $400 extra,,it has a 30 degree swivel and is suspension,,well worth the money if you are using anything on 3 point hitch to watch ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-20          83768

Well did not get the swivel seat (he delivered it before he read my email. Just as well though I have not had a problem with the standard seat yet. 11 hours in it give or take and love every min. (remember I have a 8N seat as my other option) so this one is like a Cadilac. After cutting the field and then plowing in a bit too wet of soil I had alot of washing to do!!! Heck I even liked that!!!
Thanks for all the advice again! Here is to next weekend! ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-21          83840

hey brocken you want me to find a price for the swivel frame and then just switch the seat over? ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-21          83868

Oneace
I thank you for the offer but I am already puttin the wheels in motion on just about the same idea. With our discount you and I get it should not be that bad? I would be really interested in seeing the prints on it? LOL. Maybe if the wind is blowing just right!!! A detailed drawing may just fall on my bench. I cant imagine it would be that complicated. Like I said though, I dont see a need for it yet. (Although after sitting and using a swivel for any length of time I may change my opinion) More than likely?
Thanks for the offer, if you do come accrossed the price please let me know but dont put yourself out trying to get it. Thanks again
Tom ....

new tractor info

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-21          83876

it is not a problem i just have look in the parts comp at work. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login