Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dished In Dished Out Tires

View my Photos
mcsd126
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-10          82622

Hello Everyone,

When Dishing in or out the wheels on a TC35, do you move the whole tire from right to left or just take the dish part of the rim and flip it over and re-bolt it to the rim and hub?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-10          82624

It depends on what type of tire you have on the tractor. If you have R1 you must remove the disks to keep the tire pattern in the correct direction. I not sure with the R4 pattern. Turfs you can likely get away with just swapping tires. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-10          82628

The directional thing is that R1's have more traction going forward than reverse. I've heard R4's described as 'mildly-directional.' So maybe it's a mild issue for R4's or maybe the comment was from somebody like me who isn't sure either. Wheels that have adjustable rims don't have to be swapped or reversed and also keep the valve stem on the outside. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-10          82630

I said I was unsure as some r4 patterns are directional some are not. It depends on the supplier.
The inner rims on these tractors are unbolted and the outer rim is turned around. The stem location does not change in this case. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-10          82633

Oops! Sorry Peters I can see how my comment may be misconstrued. What I mentioned was a blanket comment made years ago on another board. My impression also is that there are different R4 tread patterns, some of which may be mildly directional. Thank you also for pointing out that many newer wheels are two-piece so the valve-stem issue isn't relevant.

Hope this at least gives the original question a little more information. It also might be said that some people who do a lot of loader work way want a bit more traction in reverse and might reverse R4's on purpose. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-10          82647

Well I would be clueless on this but went through it the other day with the NH dealer and the new pattern on the TC 35-45 R4 he had was directional. It would also depend on his rims as the NH 55 has a 6 position rim. I am not sure if these are now available on the 35-45. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82656

i'm not too sure why you would want to move the rear tires when the fronts are stationary. is almost all circumstanses you want your wheel tracking the same width. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82669

I can see the advantage of keeping front and rear track width the same if you're farming and need to drive up and down crop rows, but otherwise don't see the need. My manual lists two positions for the fronts and eight positions for the rears and makes no mention of keeping the track widths identical. For me the extra width buys additional stability on hills. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82671

yes but that brings up another problem. the proper way to ride a hill is up and down not side to side. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82672

True, but not always possible. Besides, extra stability is always a good thing. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82675

beleve me it is not fun to roll a tractor on top of you. It is probly one of the worst expeinces you can go though. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82676

Check out my pic #7. That was not done when going sideways on a hill it happened when the soil gave way under the left side of the tractor. That's why I like tires set to the widest possible stance. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82677

ouch i had one on top of me. don't look like tire width would have helped too much there. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-10          82678

Hope you didn't get hurt too bad. If I had been a few feet forward or backward I would have been smooshed against a tree. Not sure if extra width would have helped much or not but now I'm paranoid and I'll take all the width I can get. Dualies wouldn't be a bad idea either :) ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-10          82680

nah didn't get hurt im too stupid to get hurt sometimes. just a bruised leg and a broken ego.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login