Go Bottom Go Bottom

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-05          78948

just want to give every one the oportunity to ask me any questions about the boomer series of tractors from problems you might be haveing or whitch tractor would best suit your circumstances, or if you have any questions about any other of nh tractors let me know

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81131

just wanted to let evey one know my offer still stands ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-26          81191

From day one,my tc33d has had what I call "gear chatter" from the rear pto area. The chatter gets LOUDER after everything warms up. It is really noticable at idle and is annoying. The dealer says that this is normal,but,I drove a newer model,mine is a 2001 compared to a 2002,2003, and the chatter was barely there or not at all. Is this normal???
Engaging the pto makes no difference. It only stops when I depress the clutch,regardless if it is in a gear range or in neutral. My powertrain warranty ends soon. ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-26          81258

ok are you moving or sitting still, im not too sure i understand how the pto is makeing noise when you do not have it engaged ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-26          81260

if you look at your tractors profile you see four sections of the machine engien, bell housing, trans, and rear. try getting down on your hands and knees or even crawl under the tractor and listen for which section it is comming form ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
paleoo

2004-03-26          81265

I missed the other message about the steering column problem, how did you correct? I have a TC35d AND THE COLUMN GOES RIGHT BACK to the upright position when you let go. Help...Thad ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-26          81268

paleoo
for that you will need to replace the tilt cyl it is not that hard on that size tractor if you still under warrenty have the dealer do it if no the replacement kit have instuctions in it ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo

2004-03-27          81346

I don't think it has anything to do with the pto. The noise comes from the gear housing regardless if the tractor is moving or not. The noise stops when the clutch is pushed in.
Could it be a spring or something connected to the clutch somehow??? ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo

2004-03-27          81349

My tc33d had the same problem. I fixed it by tapping the upper shock connecting pin with a hammer to unstick the little pin that releases and holds the shock. I had also sprayed it a week before with WD40,don't know how much that helped though. ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-28          81371

it my be your throw out bearing can you tell me which section of the tractor the noise is coming from?

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo

2004-03-28          81398

It's raining here today. I'll try to isolate the noise better the next chance I get and let you know. ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-03          82023

any new news yet? ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo

2004-04-03          82046

Sorry about taking so long,3 young boys in baseball keeps you busy. The noise,best I can tell, is coming from the rear gear housing, sort of like a rattle but I cannot pinpoint it exactly.Like i said it stops when the clutch is pushed in, is worse after everything warms up. Everything works as it should, just the darn chatter is annoying. I know this is not much to go on. Dealer does have it noted in my file about the noise being there from delivery date. The dealer offered to break into the tractor to try to find the cause but I was hesitant for him to do that.So far,after 238 hours, no drivetrain problems. Is mine the only one that has this noise??? Oh well, guess I'll have to keep living with it. ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-04-03          82052

Just a thought, your warranty must be getting close to being done (I did not catch the year) If it is still under warranty maybe you should take it in since you have over 200 hours on it anyway and have them look it over? Crack it open, maybe they will find something and then you may get new parts in it for nothing. You do realize that RIGHT after the warranty expires something rlated to this problem will break! Murphys Law you know? ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-04          82099

im sure there are others out there some where but i have never seen one i would have to agree with brokenarrow get it in to your dealer while you are still under warrenty they will most likely remove the seat and fenders and pull the top cover off the see the gears and check for proper back lash ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
AlanNo

2004-04-05          82269

Thanks for your help,I'll give the dealer a call. Although, he is not the best dealer in the world. ....

best tool for the job

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-06          82329

they are obligated to make any warranty repairs don't let them give you the run around if they do contact nh custumer support and they will get the dealer to do the job. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login