Go Bottom Go Bottom

Case amp New Holland merger

View my Photos
SJ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-08-12          6867

I've heard that Case and New Holland are merging. After a year of decisions I went with the NH TC33D. My concern is that I understand that Case is dropping the compact line. Although it doesn't change the present product, what will happen to the parts and service support from NH/Case in the future? I'm now looking at my second choice the Kubota L3010. Has anyone heard of this merger and what are your opinions? I've not taken delivery on the TC33D as of yet.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-08-12          6868

Case/IH have been bought by New Holland. I wouldn't think it would effct the NH compact line. ....

View my Photos
angel

1999-08-12          6870

I believe you heard wrong. Why would Case give up 20 percent market share in a growing market? That would be stupid. NH has a great compact line which will only get better. ....

View my Photos
Ted

1999-08-13          6895

I wouldn't be to concerned about Ford doing away with the parts for your machine, even if they drop the line. I still have no problems buying parts for a Ford Jubilee (circa 1950's) that we have for a "chore machine". Ford are not stupid, parts and service is where the money is, sales are just a way of generating parts and service customers. ....

View my Photos
greg

1999-08-13          6900

Ford sold the tractor division. Fiat owns the majority of shares in New Holland. I do not know if ford makes parts for the Boomer. ....

View my Photos
Ben

1999-08-15          6955

Gentlemen: Fiat, which owns New Holland, bought CaseIH. Fiat, I might add, is an Italian company that will control 70% of New Holland-CaseIH. This "new" company will not even consider getting rid of their popular compact line. Forget about "Ford". It is New Holland now! Remember, when you buy New Holland-CaseIH, you are buying from Fiat. ....

View my Photos
Bill

1999-08-21          7180

Ben,I have had dealings directly with New Holland (the Fiat version) and I am sad to say "Ford Did it better!". These guys at NH do not worry about past lines that they produced. Can't get ANY info, can't get some parts, and when you get to a person, it's like they never sold that model. So I hope Ford buys it back. It's just to bad that their name was leased for so long to Fiat. They are good tractors, it's just the machine which is backing them up isn't so good as when Ford was "It". ....

View my Photos
terry

1999-08-23          7260

Case/IH does not have a line of compact tractors. New Holland is owned by FIAT......does anyone remember how horrible the Hesston tractors from the 70s and 80s were? Those were FIAT tractors......Hesston tractors were a rust color....very appropriate. It will be real interesting to see which dealer survives when both a Case/IH dealer and a FIAT dealer are in the same town. ....

View my Photos
Bill

1999-08-23          7265

Terry,Yes, it will be interesting. But fortunately for Fiat, Shibauru is building their Boomer line, not Fiat (God I remember some of their cars, they should have all been colored yellow). Customer service directly from New Holland PA leaves much to be desired to say the very most, but the tractors themselves seem to be a good machine. Customer service is what it is all about, so the Case guy might just win on that alone. My dealer tries hard (NH) but doesn't get any coop from the home office. Of couse the same home office might be supporting the Case guy too, or at least the same mentality. In which case they both will loose to Deer or whoever. Fiat needs a shake up. If we all screem loud enough, the sqeeky wheel usually gets the oil. To bad Ford sold it. Bet they are kicking themselves in the butt right now. ....

View my Photos
terry

1999-08-24          7272

do you think Fiat will keep sourcing tractors from Shibaura when they build small tractors themselves in Europe? Maybe short term but I question whether they will long term. ....

View my Photos
Bill

1999-08-24          7281

Terry,If they are smart, (laugh) they will. Oh well, there goes another good machine. ....

View my Photos
TIM

1999-09-28          8353

The Case/New Holland merger is almost complete. Don't expect the compact line to be shut down. It is a cash cow in most respects. The new company name has been decided just recently. It will be CNH for Case/New Holland, Case management will largely run the new company. Perhaps, this will be a boon for the NH dealers who have difficulty obtaining services and materials. But, don't forget that Case will be 74% controlled by Fiat .... OMG. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login