Go Bottom Go Bottom

How much can they really lift TC35D

View my Photos
bjlarson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-29          62885

I have a TC35D with a 16LA loader, would like to know if anybody moves big round bales with them,mine is having a hard time lifting a 1800lb bale from the 3pt when it is rated at 2025lbs. Not sure what I need to move them with, would like something for the loader. Can they really lift what the specs say.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-29          62890

I've read that some guys with NH TC series tractors have found they don't lift to specs. Almost always they seem to find that the hydraulic pressure was incorrectly adjusted during manufacture and they aren't building sufficient pressure to do the job. The adjustment is supposed to be easy if you have a suitable pressure gauge and the right adjustment procedure but I can't help you there. ....

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-29          62892

Maybe the bales vary in weight and they weigh closer to 2100lbs???

Just trying to be an optimist :) ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-08-30          62903

Weight ratings often are defined as 'weight centered 2' behind the lower link pins. There's a good change that the weight of the bales is further from the pins than 2'.

I think my 3ph will lift more than its rating but the rating is as much a safety thing regarding stability than a physical limitation. My 3ph forklift will lift higher than the 3ph and when I've had big weight on it I've had to run max rpm's to get appreciable lift speed out of the 3ph. Increasing the rpm night help the lift or making sure the bales are as far forward as possible.

I don't think any compact handles those big bales very well. They are awkward as well as heavy. The 3ph likely would manage them better than anything on a loader and I wouldn't want that much weight very high on a compact anyway. A loader is going to run into the same rating capacity definition thing because the bale would end up further ahead of the boom arms than a bucket would be. Very heavy 3ph ballast would be needed.

I'm tempted to say that something like my forklift might manage them. It will out lift the 3ph and also lift more than 5'. That may not be a great solution since the forklift weighs 650 lbs. itself. It is a CATII implement and maybe a lighter one could be found. Don't know! I be reluctant to put more weight on the axles than the 3ph rating frequently. the previous owner of my Ford 1710 traded it in on a farm tractor because he started getting big bales and the 1710 couldn't manage them easily. Something like a stoneboat might manage but would be a pain.

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-08-30          62914

If you don't go through a tremendous ammount of bales have the bale placed in the bed of your pickup when you pick one up. Take the tailgate off and when they're placed on end a lil' tap on the brakes while in reverse will roll them right where you want them. Obviously this won't work so well if you have a bunch of animals and want to store many round bales but otherwise it should work until you have a more permanent solution.

My friends with small/no tractors do this and that would be my choice as well with my compact. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-08-30          62916

bj I have a TC33D and it seems very common that the NH loaders come from the factory with the valve settings too low. Mine was over 300lbs psi too low. I had the dealer adjust it and I have weighed and lifted 2016lbs with no trouble. The most that I lifted with my 3pt is about 1600lbs and that was no problem. My nieghbor has a JD 4300 and decided he was going to buy the large rectangular hay bales. when they were delivered he could not lift them. I put my bucket forks on gave it a try, I was lifting the bale, but the back end starting to come up. Next I put my ballast box on Approx 1,000lbs + I have filled R4s and wheel weights for a total of abought 1,700lbs. Back to the bale and up it went no problem. I did not go very high while moving the bale because it was a very awkward load, but was able to stack one on top of the other. I am not sure of the weight of the bales it was 8-10ft long and about 5ft high and wide. My nieghbor said they were about a ton. I have no idea except they were definatly some of the heaviest loads I ever lifted. I would think your larger loader would be able to this and more. P.S. before all the physics and saftey experts sart jumping all over me again (been there done that) I will say I was very cautious while doing this and would not recommend that this would be the way to go if you had to move many of these bales on a regular basis. I also could not pass up the opportunity to win the local bragging rights. One neighbor has a JD and the other has a kubota. ....

View my Photos
SteveInMD

2003-08-30          62917

I asked the dealer to check the main and the front end pressure limits. They said they were fine, but would not tell me what the readings were. I'd like to see for myself. Does anyone know a good website to buy a gauge with a hyd. quick connect on it? ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-08-30          62923

The loader should move the bales, but you need to consider the size of the bales. Therefore the pressures may be set too low, but depending on the size set on the bailer you can make over sized bales and limit your ability to pick them up also. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-08-31          62947

Northern Tool and similar places have inexpensive gauges. Gauges from a hydraulics shop are expensive. Hydraulic gauges are fluid filled for damping but old welding bottle gauges work. I think the Northern Tool ones come with a line ending in a 1/4 NPT male fitting. A hydraulics shop likely would have fittings to adapt that to a quick connector.

The low-pressure settings discussed here usually have been the loader valve pressure relief. Switching the diverter valve (if equipped) to the remote setting would take the loader valve out of the system and only the system relief and 3ph safety relief valves would provide protection. That might be something to try while waiting on a pressure gauge.

View my Photos
arcn11thacr

2003-09-09          63459

does anyone know where the CORRECT loader lift/psi specs. can be found for a tc33d ? hav looked in the mags offered by the dealer but they are to generalized. any help would be appreciated. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-10          63480

Below is a link to an archive discussion about loader relief pressure. Looks like drjvc came up with around 2,100 lbs. and many are set at 1,800.

However, what's correct depends on what the goal is. A dealer should be able to say what the factory specs for their loaders are. If there's a tendency for relief pressures to be set low from the factory it may be because the design engineers did a rethink and decided that less power would increase loader life, or maybe is another corporate liability legal issue. What's correct may be different for your goal than for corporate goals.

Link:   loader relief discussion

View my Photos
boatman

2003-09-10          63500

I believe the reason that some tractor/loader combinations will not lift to their rated capacity (due to low pressures)is not because of some phantom weakness that the factory is supposedly trying to cover up, but rather that the selling dealer is too lazy or greedy to take the time to check the pressures. The factory has published specifications for each model(these are not secret)and the hydraulic system pressures should be set within these parameters before the customer takes delivery.

Consider this. If the selling dealer were to properly check and adjust the tractor and loader hydraulic system pressures it could add up to two hours of labor to his cost. Granted,the price of the pre-delivery inspection is factored into every sale.It is far more profitable to just install the loader, run it up and down a few times and ship it. If the customer complains (most don't) then they will deal with it.

I also believe that most tractor/loader pressures are within factory specs when delivered to the customer(usually we only hear about the one's that are below spec-it happens).

My TC30/7308 loader always worked fine. I checked the pressures anyway(just out of curiosity-and due to the bad publicity on this board)and found that they were within specs. This tractor/loader combination will easily outlift it's rated capacities. Note:just because it will do it does not mean that it is safe to lift and move this much weight.

View my Photos
boatman

2003-09-10          63504

Bjlarson,your TC35D should easily lift that bale from the 3-point and should also be able to lift and move it with the 16LA loader.

If that bale weighs close to what you suspect and your 3-point will not lift it then your tractor's hydraulic pressure should be checked and adjusted (if pressure is low it will also have an adverse effect on loader operation).

The TC35D with a 3-point hitch lift capacity of 2025lbs, 24" aft of hitch, and the 16LA loader with a lift capacity(to max height)of 1800lbs with a breakout force of 3186lbs. should be able to lift and move a bale of that size. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-09-10          63509

rcn the valve settings are in the service manual and should be easily obtained from the service dept at your dealer. When the mechanic came out to my house he had the book with him. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login