Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
ScottP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-24          42876

I have a new TC40d. When I start the tractor at idle speed there is a intermitent high pithched buzz that seems to be coming from the hydorstat filter area. When I speed the tractor up the noise seems to be more constant. Even when the tractor is warm the noise is still present. I changed the filter and checked to make sure none of the oil lines were touching, but I still have the noise. Any ideas??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-26          42923

GO the a dealer and listen to another TC and see if it is the same. They have had some troubles with them. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
Scott P

2002-09-26          42951

I went to the Farm Progress Show yesterday in Alleman Iowa and visited the New Holland diplay. They had a TC40D there so we started it and it makes the same noise as mine. I talked with a service tech while I was there and he said he would give the New Holland engineers a call next week to see if they knew the cause of the noise. In a nut shell he said the noise was normal for the TC's. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
CMTC40D

2003-05-24          55455

Scott: any new on this noise, as I hear something very similar on my (03) TC40D? I thought it could have been coming from the starter. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
ScottP

2003-05-26          55647

The service tech did talk with New Holland and the noise had been reported already. The engineers at New Holland say the noise is resonance in the metal hydralic lines and is normal for the TC's. I always love that respnse " that's normal" normal does not mean it is right; oh well I have over 50 hours on the tractor now with no problems. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
ruger454

2003-05-30          55986

I have a 2000 tc45 and mine makes more of a clicking sound by the hyd. filter and starter also. My tractor has almost a 1000 hours on it. It comes and goes when I am going down the road. It seems to be somewhat intermittent. I always thought it was the two solid lines but I checked them and it is not that. It has done it since I bought it and the dealer said it was normal. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
CMTC40D

2003-06-03          56528

Ruger, thats more like the noise I hear. I now have 40hrs on the tractor and the noise has been since new. Will soon bring it in for the first oil change and inquire if this is normal. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-04          56578

If it is resonance, which is entirely possibe, then I would do something about it, fast. It may take a while to show, but if the 'resonance' (read 'motion') is allowed to continue it is only a matter of time before something gives up, probably a line since they are the lightest material, due to metal fatigue caused by the motion. If a line lets go it will be neither fun nor convenient.

I would start with some heavy rubber cut in strips, wind it around the lines until they are large enough around to contact something else which will brace them, then zip tie them together. If this works tell the factory, a small rubber isolation mount will be a cheaper fix than replacing line sets under warranty, or unhappy customers out of warranty.

Best of luck. ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
Tim Connolly

2003-07-26          60152

On my TC33D I noticed there was a pump noise if I pulled the TPH lever up all the way and left it there. Now when I raise the rear hitch I just tap it forward a little and the pump noise goes away. At first I thought it was the hydrostatic drive. Maybe this will help.

TC
Maine ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-27          60174

Tim: I wonder if 33's have a detent at the very top of the 3ph lever travel like my Ford? On my Ford that position is intended to supply oil to a port on the 3ph to power external hydraulics. When in the detent the 3ph goes to full height but the detent position intended for normal 3ph operation.

Another possibility is that the position control rod is slightly out of adjustment. 3ph's are supposed to go into neutral before they go to the mechanical limit of their heights. If the control rod is out of adjustment, the 3ph hits a mechanical stop and the sound could be the relief valve opening.

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
rjones

2003-07-29          60405

mine too
i have a new tc33. i've used it very little, but it indeed has this very distracting "noise" - sounds like power steering fluid is low (even tho it's not). hope someone comes up w/solution. will keep checking posts to see ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
CMTC40D

2003-07-29          60430

jones, Keeping using it...You will get used to the noise and it will become background and not noticed unless you focus on it. Problem solved! Just joking - I have been out of the country and have not brought mine for service yet, but will let you know what my guys say. Good Luck ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
rjones

2003-07-30          60508

HeeHee u're right about getting used to it - but, i've got a better idea. i'm going to put a radio & a fan on it, & if the hydro noise doesn't get any better, i'll just turn up the radio. Wheeeeeee - i love modern technology ....

Hydrostat noise

View my Photos
ackley280

2003-08-19          62142

MY TC33 MAKES A SIMILAR NOISE. I FOUND THAT IT WAS VIBRATION IN ONE OF THE HYDRAULIC LINES. I ELEIMINATED THE NOISE BY SECURING THE BUZZING LINE TO THE ONE NEXT TO IT WITH A PLASTIC WIRE TIE. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login