Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland vs Deere-what model and price

View my Photos
jimbopa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-20          34773

I am looking at a 4300 with belly mower,430 loader,47 backhoe and 4 wheel with turf all for around 29K. Its a 32 hp machine. What measures up in the new holland line? How does the price compare?

I called a local dealer and he said they would be a big 1K less-not much considering the resale value and availablity of parts compared to the deere.

I have also heard some quicky stories about the NH-can anyone tell me what they think and cost and models

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-01-20          34781

Compare it to the New Holland TC33D; see which one you like best, which dealer you like best, which one gives you the best price, and more importantly, perhaps, drive them and see which one FEELS best to you. ....

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-01-20          34782

I agree with 'the Bird' . Shop around and drive both. I spent three months looking at Kubota, Deere, NH, and Massey. For a 32 to 35 Hp machine with FEL, turfs, belly mower, 4x4, and hydro I found the NH to be about $1,800 cheaper than Deere. Beware that prices can vary drastically among dealers. I have three NH dealers near me and the price on the same machine varies by $1,600. I found the NH to have the best value and the best operator controls and comfort. The specs and all the machines compared about equally except for Massey. Massey was low on hydrauic flow and is simply an outdated machine. 'just my opinion' The NH dealer I plan to purchase from sends parts and supplies to customers via ups with free shipping. He also does warranty repairs at your site. Oh yeah, drive a NH TC33D with supersteer. It speaks for itself. ....

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-01-20          34785

As others have mentioned, look at the TC33D (hydro) or TC33 (gear tranny). The NH equivalent of a JD 47 backhoe would probably be the NH 757C (same digging depth, similar digging force, etc.) It's a nice backhoe, subframe mount, and you don't have to remove any of the 3pt hitch parts to mount it (unlike a lot of subframe mount hoes).

I bought a NH TC33D last summer w/loaded R4 tires, block heater and FEL. The price with the NH 7308 FEL was $17,500. I opted to spend another $200 for the Woods 1012 FEL (heavier lift capacity and larger rollback and dump angles). I could have saved another $500 from a distant dealer, but opted to go local, since they had a great rep for service.

Can't help you much on the backhoe price. I THINK the 757C lists for $6800, but I'm not sure (at any rate, you should not pay list, especially if you buy it at the same time as the tractor).

John ....

View my Photos
soundguy34421

2002-01-28          35029

what is supersteer? ....

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-01-28          35032

SuperSteer is something New Holland came up with to allow a tighter turning radius on their tractors. As in other tractors, the front wheels turn when you turn the steering wheel. Unlike other tractors, the whole front axle will also turn a bit to allow even sharper turns (the inside wheel moves back, the outside wheel moves forward). Neat idea, but not something I really needed. I believe on TC's it adds about $1000 to the price (but I may be wrong on this).

The Supersteer option also includes something called "Sensitrack" which automatically switches between 4WD and 2WD as needed. A fair number of people leave the tractor in this setting all the time. Less marking when mowing on firm ground, since it generally stays in 2WD, then automatically kicks in 4WD if things start to slip. You can also set it for full-time 4WD if your in working conditions that need it.

John

View my Photos
K.

2002-03-20          36552

JOHN: WHERE DID YOU BUY YOURE TC33D WITH 7308LOADER FOR $17500 THANKS KEITH ....

View my Photos
John Mc

2002-03-20          36554

Keith -

I actually ended up paying 17,700 for a TC33D with a Woods 1012 loader (I wanted the heavier capacity and better rollback and dump angles on the Woods unit). But before I actually made that decision, I was able to get the dealer down to $17,500 for the tractor and a 7308 loader w/HD bucket, filled R4's and block heater. The dealer was Champlain Valley Equipment in Middlebury, VT (802-388-4967). I dealt with Derek, who was very knowledgable and quite helpful. Champlain Valley Equip. also has a good reputation for service.

The cheapest deal I found was from Bechard's in NY, but they were too far away for my liking, and don't have the service reputation that C. V. has.

View my Photos
K.

2002-03-21          36591

HI JOHN I WANTED TO TELL YOU I HAVE A QUOTE ON A TC40 NOT HYDRO WITH A 16LA LOADER, A SE6 RHINO BRUSHOG BX72 BOX BLADE AND A CANOPY FOR 21,650 SEEMS KIND OF HIGH WHAT I THINK I REALLY WANT IS THE D (DELUXE WITH HYDRO). I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA WHICH WOULD BE A LONG ROAD TRIP TO YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. ANY HELP YOU GIVE IS APPRICIATED!! KEITH ....

View my Photos
Tom Kopf

2002-03-21          36594

K., I bought my TC40D with supersteer, 17LA, loaded R4s, HD bucket with hooks,and block heater for 22,200. I love this machine and would recomend it to anyone. I'm glad I spent the extra 1000 for the SS. The extra $$ for the "D" model also gets you much more than just the hydro. Good luck, TK ....

View my Photos
Mike S

2002-05-09          38379

Last summer I got a TC33D (no SS) with the NH 7308 loader, block htr, cutting edge, steps, 1 extra remote, wheel weights, etc for about 18,000 and also the NH 757c backhoe for another 5,000 for a total of about 23,000. Much less than I could have gotten a simillarly equiped John Deere in my area. The NH 757 backhoe has about the same digging depth to the JD 47 but in my opinion is somewhat beefier. It is probably slightly longer to put on and take off but you don't have to remove any of the 3pt hitch so maybe it is about the same time. I love the setup. 80 hours on it so far and no problems. NH is offering some really good financing and rebates right now. ....

View my Photos
BobTheFarmer

2002-05-09          38381

You mention steps .. what exactly are the steps? ....

View my Photos
Mike S

2002-05-09          38383

The steps are optional. They bolt underneath the operators platform and give you a step up when boarding. Half the time I don't even use them but I figure when I am in my 70s and still using the tractor they will come in handy. ....

View my Photos
JSalyer

2002-05-09          38401

Go to John Deere's website and do the tractor comparison. You will find that NH TC33D will out perform the JD 4300 in nearly every area. In the area where I live ( Eastern KY) NH, has as high or higher resale value than JD. I looked at them both really careful and the NH is just a better tractor. It looks better too. Just my 2 cents worth. ....

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2002-09-15          42439

If you know someone who works for Ford you can buy it for dealer-cost including NH attachments, and even NH attachments costing over $1000 after the sale. I saved about $3000 on my '02 33D. ....

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-09-15          42445

i purchased a New Holland TC29 (gear Tranny) in April. Its euipped with a Woods 1012 loader and a Woods 7500 backhoe. The 7500 has basicly the same capacities as the N.H. 757 hoe but is constructed a little beefier. Price on the FEL was $2500 @ $600 cheaper than the N.H. 7308 loader. And the price on the backhoe was $5500 @ $900 cheaper than the N.H. 757 hoe. Total out the door price was $20475. The hydro TC29D would be @ $1000 more. ....

View my Photos
cdcole

2002-09-16          42478

Take the Deere - put it in it's low range. Adjust the throttle to about 1500rmp. Approach a steep hill at the base such that your left front tire engages it. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left. Activate the 4WD. Try to climb the hill. With this test - the JD 4100 simply will not move. No kidding. The prime salesman at our JD dealer outside of Milwaukee WI witnessed it. I left and bought the Boomer. One thing I don't like is the Boomers belly mower setup - but maybe I am just getting used to it. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-16          42479

Why would you try to climb a steep hill @ 1500 RPM,s?? Why wouldn't you use a full power setting of 2600+ RPM's? What does it prove? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-16          42482

ditto Mark!

You have to adjust the throttle for the the range you are in, and in low 2000 rpm would be the lowest you could get by with for most machines in this class, and higher would be better based on what load you are putting on the machine.

CD is your complaint with the 4wd system ???

DennisCTB ....

View my Photos
cdcole

2002-09-16          42486

Sorry - actually I was meaning when the transmission is in it's highest gear ratio (slowest resulting forward speed at a given rpm) In this case it was labeled "1".

All other tractors I tried this on did not even grown.

Not saying the unit is bad - just saying it had an issue. I believe that it should not "hydrostatically slip". My Boomer doesn't under these circumstances.

Even the dealer admitted it. You don't need high rpms with the ....

View my Photos
cdcole

2002-09-16          42487

Of course if the ratio selected is wrong - then I would expect the "slippage". Gentlemen - all I am saying is that none of the others that I tested behaved this way. :) ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2002-09-16          42488

CD,

When you run a tractor with a hydrostatic trans at too low a throttle speed you will get unpredictable results based on LOAD, GRADE, and "operator experience" with the hydro pedal.

New users typically push on the pedal too HARD and the tractor doesn't move, because the throttle was too SLOW and the push on the hydo was too HARD, the hydro pedal is NOT a gas pedal like on a car.

I am being a pain about this because I don't want readers to get the wrong impression about this tractor, that you "tested" it, when this really is operator error.

Unfortuantely, the fact that the dealer "ho hummed" this only indicates that you did the right thing by exiting his dealership asap! It says nothing about the equipment!!

Dennis
CTB Operator

View my Photos
cdcole

2002-09-16          42489

I do understand what you are saying regarding the tendency for operator error (treating the hydro pedal like an accelerator pedal on a car). I did not put the pedal down too far. I have had and have driven hydrostatics for many years. On this issue – I must disagree – this was not operator error. An example of the operator error you speak of would be cutting deep grass – bogging – then trying to get more power by pushing down on the hydro pedal

We tried to get some movement by increasing the engine rpm and literally just creeping the hydro - still could not get the wheels to turn. This was surprising to me and the dealer. Maybe it was a fluke. We even checked the brakes as we were so surprised. Any ideas on what would have caused this?

Thanks for making sure that communications on this board are accurate. ....

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-16          42492

I just got back in from the back lot. I tried the afformentioned test, but were have no 4100's left so I used a 4110. It passed. It climbed the curb.

Then, I went and got a bucket of sand. It still worked..oh...it whinned some...but it still worked.

I have no idea if mine was a standard curb....but it is the only curb we have here.

View my Photos
cdcole

2002-09-16          42494

Man – you guys are on the ball!  And quick too!

Must have been some anomaly, however, it still turned me off. It turned me off similarly when I found the brakes and hydro pedals on the same side of my Boomer TC25D.

View my Photos
L. C.

2003-01-05          46992

I have experienced "hydro slip" or whatever on my garden tractor and TC33D. Solution - more throttle - what's the big deal?
Thanks,
Leonard ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login