2000-11-24          21778

Why do the forums stop at the TC33's???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Why no TC35 40 45 message forum

View my Photos
Aaron E. Zimmermann
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-01-19          23532

I would assume the larger jump in chassis size could be the mainreason. The difference between the smaller chassis TC29/33 and the larger size TC35/40/45 is fairly significant. I should know, my final decision came down to TC33D or TC35D. I chose the TC35D because of more weight and I have unlimited room for storage. If you need more info on what I paid and the options I rec'd would be glad to share.

AZ ....

View my Photos
Mike S.

2001-01-19          23535

Aaron--there are always some of us that would be interested in the pricing and your thoughts about options on a TC35D. Thanks ....

View my Photos
Aaron E. Zimmermann

2001-01-19          23537

I just purchased a new TC35D, hydro, loader, 4WD, R4 tires,ROPS, but NO SS (don't miss it) for $19,000. I voluntered 50% down and financed the rest with New Holland finance for 1 year at 0%. I could have financed the entire thing at 0% but it gave me a little leverage. I think there was a little more room in the deal but I want to have good service and relations with the dealer and didn't want to be know as the small tightass farmer. I got a BushHog 72" tiller for $1,500 and will go back and get a BushHog box blade later this month and will pay between $424 - 475 (a fair price with them still making money of the list of $550). ....

View my Photos
Aaron E. Zimmermann

2001-01-19          23538

I just purchased a new TC35D, hydro, loader, 4WD, R4 tires,ROPS, but NO SS (don't miss it) for $19,000. I voluntered 50% down and financed the rest with New Holland finance for 1 year at 0%. I could have financed the entire thing at 0% but it gave me a little leverage. I think there was a little more room in the deal but I want to have good service and relations with the dealer and didn't want to be know as the small tightass farmer. I got a BushHog 72" tiller for $1,500 and will go back and get a BushHog box blade later this month and will pay between $424 - 475 (a fair price with them still making money of the list of $550). ....

View my Photos
Richard Mendel

2001-01-21          23554

Aaron,
I'm in the process of trying to finalize pricing on a TC33D4 and the price you got on the TC40D is pretty good comparatively. So far I'm in for about $17,300.00 for the machine plus ,FEL w/68" bucket,Turf tires (loaded) and deliverd. Taxes not included. I think you got a lot of machine for the money. It seems the pricing is more competitive as you move west. ....

View my Photos
Aaron E. Zimmermann

2001-01-22          23563

Just for clarification, I purchased the TC35D, not the 40 model. However, the TC35/40 /45 are all based around the same chassis. You said the dealer was at 17,300 for a TC33D. For less than $2,000 the larger chassis is really nice if you can justify the size for storage and the job to be done. The acreage a person owns is not the primary determiner in sizing a tractor. It should really be based on the jobs to be done. If you stay with the TC33D make sure you leverage thehell outta the deal: 1. get a discount on all implements purchased now and over the next 12 months 2. New Holland Finance offers % interest for 1 year on all things purchased 3. get a hat ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-01-22          23582

I like to say I give these things alot of thought but the long and short of it is I just have not had the time to add the TC 35 to the directory. ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-18          24335

Webmaster, please get to it... There's about to be one more tc35d owner. Here's a few of the reason I choose a tc35d over the rest.
Boy's the 16LA loader specs says max lifting capacity is 1800lbs!!!
That's nearly 1000lbs greater than the loader for all the ~30hp orange, green and blue tractors. The height that this loader can dump is 81in. I put it over a 7ft chain link fence and dumped. Amazing!
Aslo, the tc35d has the feul tank in the rear. Much easier to filler-up. The rap-around headlights, the tilt and tele steering wheel, and the 72" bucket.
The really slick HST package where there is no clutch and you can jump into a higher speed at the flip of a switch or the press of a button on the loader joystick and back again. Oh and let's talk about the Joystick. The position of that right next to my hip is great. No more reaching for the knob.
But to show that I was totally awed,NH need to get there act together on this sloppy seat belt setup. Give me somewhere to tuck it or better yet spring loaded. They've pack a lot of creature features in this baby.
I've got a good out the door price of right at 18,500.
gary ....

View my Photos
Tom Lucent

2001-02-18          24340

Idle down Gary! webmaster does a good job, don't ruin a good board with a bunch of BS. TL ....

View my Photos
Mike S.

2001-02-18          24342

Gary--I well understand your enthusiasm about your new TC35 and having a special form for the series 3 Boomers (I am considering trading for a TC40D). However, the Webmaster does an outstanding job on this compact tractor bulletinboard and there are also no special message forums for JD4600's or JD4700's either, nor are there any for the larger Kubotas. IF I owned a series 3 Boomer, I would rather read postings in the same message forum where they are posted now. Mike S. ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-19          24368

I'm not slamming any webmaster just putting in my vote. I'm a part time webmater myself, so I know what it takes. I'm just excited aboout upgrading to a tc35d and would like to follow threads for that model and not for a tc33d which are very different machine with very different features.
I fully support this site and the great work and people here.
and I don't hide my email address either.
gary ....

View my Photos
SteveT

2001-02-19          24374

Congradulations Gary! I'd love to come away with that deal. My local dealer in central New Hampshire gave me a number of $21200 for the same set-up and I see another post for the same dealer with the same Hard and Fixed quote. $1500 more for the TC40D set-up the same. I've read that I can do better out of state but can't deal with service that far away and feel I'll get hit real hard on any service through the jilted dealer. Still, 2K goes along way. That quote was on top of purchasing a Landpride 72" rear discharge rear finish mower @ $2095 and a Landpride 72" fixed blade box scraper @ $795. (Both of which seem to be higher than other posts I've seen though I don't know enough to compare brands. Where did you get your deal? Anyone give me some advice on Landpride implements? ....

View my Photos
Dave Worrall

2001-02-21          24508

Steve T... It sounds like you and I are dealing with the same dealer in central NH. We live in New Hampton. Anyway, the prices I have been quoted are exactly the same as you mentioned in your note. At least I know that the prices were fixex, as Peter said. I would really hate to find another buyer getting a better price. They are higher than ones mentioned here, but I decided to go ahead for service reasons. Our TC40D will be delivered tomorrow. Once I made the decision, it's easy to forget the price and enjoy the tractor. I advanced the purchase to deal with lifting and dumping all the snow. Otherwise, I'll be using it to move dirt and rocks and to move wood to the house for the wood stove. Dave ....

View my Photos
Michigander

2001-02-21          24516

Since I started this thread, let me add a suggestion for the webmaster. First let me say that I agree this is a great discussion board. Now my suggestion, how about just one forum for the TC35/40/45 series? Basically they're all the same tractor. Would that be easier? ....

View my Photos
SteveT

2001-02-21          24519

Dave, Must be a great feeling. I'm still having problems seeing the prices people are getting away with. I think the're going to have to throw something at me to get me to part with another 10% over everyone else. Even the implements seem about 20% high. You get supersteer? That's a big question I have right now. The 35-45D is a bit large for my lawn but I'll need it for the rest of the property so I thought the SS would make it a little more managable in tight spots. I just wonder about the 17LA loader sticking way out in front, the added maintenance and the added complexity of hooking up a belly mower if that ended up being the way I go. Again, the lawn around the house (2.5Ac) might be better handled with a belly mower. Initially I'm going to try things with a rear finish mower. I have another 7 acre field and 24 acres of wooded land in Hill. Let me know how it goes. You get the loaded R4's? Hydro? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-22          24531

The way the different forums are sorted is simply by what "keywords" appear in the subject. So if you want to make sure to create a TC35 forum you just need TC35, or TC40 ... in the "Subject" and use TC35 in the Search Box that appears on each page in the site to retrieve all the messages about TC35. ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-22          24533

SteveT, Dave
I Settled on a local dealer after he came way down on the first negation price. I ended up with a out the door price of 18,795(including $80 sales tax) for a 2001 TC35D4 w/o SS with loaded rear tires, Grill Guard, 72” bucket, and the 50hr service(with pickup and delivery).
I opted for this over a very good dealer near Johnston City Tenn. West Hills Tractor Inc. They where very good folks to talk with and very prompt e-mailers. I was already to drive 5hrs(one way) to pick the same tractor up when out of the blue the local dealer called and coughed-up the lower deal. I’m suppose to take delivery of it here today, but I’m at work and it’s snowing/freezing rain, so I may put it off til tomorrow.
BTW the local dealer here in Raleigh NC is Senter Tractor NH and Kubota. One complaint I had that the salesman told me about the TC35D no SS was that it had the Sensitrak hydro even though it wasn’t a SS. After questioning him further he called and apologized for making a incorrect statement. I was actually worried about the longevity of the Senitrak anyway, so it worked out OK.
Do the prices up in NH have anything to do with the Canadians coming across the border and buying them? I know prices on most everything is higher across the boarder.
Sorry for getting off the subject of the thread here.
gary

View my Photos
Aaron E. Zimmermann

2001-02-22          24536

That sounds like a fair price for a TC35D4. As a final kicker, when you go to finalize the price, have the dealer agree to lock in any implements you may buy in the next 12 months. Try for a 25% discount knowing that you will settle for 15%. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login