Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
thehaunter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-17          169292

1. While in motion at a steady pace, I turn on cruise control. The button lights up when depressed but turns back off when I let go hence, the tractor doesn't go by itself.

2. Also noticed that the forward pedal likes to stick slightly while under load. I read somewhere else that there is a B shaped something or other under the pedals and all I had to do was spray it with lithium grease. Make any sense?

3. My buddy left the rear finisher in the up position and went to lunch. When he returned the mower was on the ground. No sign of leaks of any kind, is that normal?

Other than that, I did some fantastic yard work today, knocked over 5 stumps, took the roots out and all with EASE. I couldn't believe it, I thought it wouldn't be able to.

To see me, you'd actually think I knew what I was doing LOL. These machines are truly, very nice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-17          169325

Someone told me today that I have to hit the switch and take my foot off the hydro pedal before I let go of the switch. I'll try that. I was pushing the switch and letting my foot off the pedal. I guess it would be the same as a car operationwise. I'm so behind with this equipment, it's embarrassing LOL. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-18          169328

Haunter;
I think our Deere mowers work the same as yours to hold the control switch till you let off the hydro pedal. I don't use the cruse often enough to remember, too many short passes that by the time I set the cruse it's timwe to turn around. Our SUV and pickup, both 07 Chevy are different than yous, probably every car company has a different idea how to have the cruse kick in. Reason I remeber how they work is because I use them most of the time. I often find myself going above the speed limit so I just let off the gas till it coasts down to limit speed then hit the button on the end of the turn signal stick and it locks in. I think two factors cause me to speed, one being the newer cars are more quiet and second I have "Farmer Hearing", or maybe the car really isn't any more quiet, I just can't hear it anymore, not sure. Frank. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-18          169336

Lol. Yup you have to be in gear, and be under locomotion with your foot on the go pedal. Mine has a little slop in the magnetic puck that holds the go pedal position so it slows down slightly. So what I do is throttle back, floor the go pedal (for top speed), se the cruise, then throttle back up.

My cutting brakes are both on the wrong side---the right. Only the left pedal is set up to disconnect the cruise when not keyed as one pedal. So when I brushhog, and want to turn on a dime I turn sharp to the right and hit the right cutting brake to spin me right around. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-18          169347

Sound like one of the wires come unpluged to the magnet that engages the forward pedal. If one or the other comes unpluged the light of the switch will come on then right back off. The three point is normal. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-03-18          169351

Oneace, buddy where you been? I was thinking of you about a week ago and wondering why we haven't heard from you in, what, years? ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-19          169353

WHOAH, back up the train LOL, great info.

Here's my story, maybe one of you folks can direct me LOL.

I have to say though, you guys are fantastic.

Today I went out and decided to take my critter for a ride. I wound up doing some work of course. Too tempting.

I hit the cruise control and did EVERYTHING I could to get it to engage, no avail. I think I have a tech issue.

Maybe that connection is lost, I'll have to figure out exactly what I'm talking about and dive in further.

I moved some heavy duty stuff, tires, dirt, junk, pipes, branches and concrete block. I did see my tractor's limitations.

It did get very frightening when the hydro pedal stuck under load. I was running high RPM's and learned what can happen to a speeding train. Kind of like Goliath if you will LOL.

I need to fix the pedal problem and get this friggen cruise control issue fixed because I'm NOT sitting there for an hour with my foot on the pedal LOL.

Not sure at this point. I did some nice work today though, left a huge pile in front of my house.

Loving the tractor....

Doing that Tool time growl :) ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
oneace

2010-03-19          169372

I moved and been busy working alot never got my cable or internet turned on for about 2.5 years be cause i was never home.

Where are you at in Pa? ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-03-19          169379

oneace,glad you are back!!

As to the mower being down and it was left up, could someone have push the lift down for safety or it could leak down. Admit it was a 62 model by my in laws Ford tractor never would have held any weight up long with tractor off.

The cruise control on my tractor is not electrical and frankly have learned I had rather hold the pedal down with my foot if running full pedal than using the cruise. I like the cruise more for spraying where you have to keep a ground speed and pressure combo. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-20          169382

Onease, I'm from Greensburg.

As far as the hydraulics leaking, no sign of any fluid loss whatsoever. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I'll look for the wires to the magnet system, that's probably what went wrong. Or at least I "hope" so.

Yesterday I was worried that I bent something. I noticed that the loader is just ever so slighty higher on the one side than the other "arm wise" When I tilt the bucket completely forward and put it on the ground, I noticed that it doesn't go down completely flat, close but not completely, one side hits first.

Not sure if it was that way or not when I got it. I tried to move a small stump with the right side of the bucket, didn't really work it too hard, got worried I bent something. Then I realized that it's going to be pretty hard to bend a tractor like this unless I do something completely ridiculous and reckless.

Then again, maybe the hydraulics weren't in sync or something. I'll be able to tell more the next time I use it.

I worry about small details like that, I'm very picky. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
oneace

2010-03-20          169390

I used to live in latrobe but now I am about 4 hours east.

Check the rear tire pressure. And it sounds dumb but make sure they messure the same tread to hub. I have found that tires af the same size acturally messure different. ....

Cruise Control And Mower

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-22          169421

WHOAH, good old Latrobe. Best Fireworks in Pennsylvania!
Imagine that.......

I'll try it, I worked with the machine yesterday and didn't notice much, it's one of those miniscule things.

Nice to meet ya. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login