Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC29D shifting and temp gauge

View my Photos
Danny Yerks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-09          16105

Does anyone have any trouble shifting the range lever on a TC25/29/33D (I have a TC29D hydrostat) when it's first started up? The nights here in Southern Indiana are not that cold right now (60's), but when I first start the tractor I have trouble getting it out of neutral. I usually have to let the clutch pedal out and push it in again a few times and keep trying before it will shift from neutral to some range. After it's been running a while it seems to be fine. I also have this problem when starting the PTO, sometimes even when it's warmed up good. The tractor still has less than 10 hours on it.Also, has anyone had any trouble with the temperature gauge? Mine was not moving at all. I called the dealer and he fixed it right away. The sensor was not getting a ground where it screwed into the block because they put too much sealer on the threads at the factory.Overall, I'm very happy with the tractor, but was wondering if anyone else was having these minor problems.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
RickB.

2000-05-09          16107

I work as a NH service tech. We have changed a couple of temp senders on Boomers. The shifting difficulty you are encountering is because you are shifting non-synchronized gears, and you must 'roll' one to get them to mesh. To shift ranges easier, feather the hydro pedal instead of clutching your tractor. Clutching the tractor with the hydro in neutral has little or no effect on the input side of the range gearbox. The same situation exists with the PTO, except clutching the tractor will rotate the driveline to line up the sliding gear and its mate. I would say both of your symptoms are somewhat normal for the type of driveline your TC has, and owners of other brands with like drivetrains have asked the same questions in the past. Of course, severe grinding of the range gears or PTO drive is not normal, and should be addressed. ....

View my Photos
Larry

2000-05-09          16117

I bought a TC29 last October (1999). It doesn't have a heat guage on it. Can I have one installed? I would like to have one. How about oil pressure? That would be nice too ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-05-09          16119

Can't be too difficult to install. Mine is a 2000 and has the temp gauge. ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-05-09          16123

I've had my share of problems with a tc29d Danny. You can read the posts on this board. Your shifting into gear hard is normal. All three of my hydro tractors have been that way. If you tap the direction pedal instead of the clutch you will find it will pop right into gear. PTO action is normal as well. Let the clutch out slightly to help the gears align, and then depress it again and engage the unit. ....

View my Photos
Robert

2000-05-09          16130

Danny,
I own a NHTC33d. I bought it earlier this Spring. I am very pleased thus far. I haven't experienced any problems with the temp guage but the range selector and pto lever problems are commonplace I think. Your previous replies seem to be right on the money with their input. I'm from Evansville. If you're from southern Indiana you can't be too far away.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Kruser

2000-05-09          16132

Danny... I have a TC29D, bought last fall. No temp-guage problems so far. The shifting issue is, unfortulately, normal. As the others have said, you have to "nudge" the gears a bit to shift into a range. For the PTO, briefly ease up on the clutch just a bit (not all the way!) and shift. For the lo/mid/hi range, don't even use the clutch; just tap the HST pedal a bit and shift. If you hear gears grinding, you're not quite getting it right. I'm happy to say I've had no major problems with mine so far, and am thoroughly enjoying it! ....

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2000-05-10          16160

My Kubota does the same thing. Either it got easier or I just got used to it and now I think nothing about it. You will acquire a "feel" for how to get it into gear. ....

View my Photos
Vincent Ronga

2000-05-11          16181

I just took delivery yesterday on my TC33D. Immediately notice the range shift problem. The driver also had the problem taking it off the truck. It didn't happen all the time however. Thanks to you guys, now I know how to deal with it.

The tractor is real nice. Moved some very large Oak tree trunks (root and all) like they were toys. Used forks to lift longer logs. I am truly amazed at the power of these little monsters. But I guess for $27K they better be good.

V> ....

View my Photos
Thomas M. Meza

2000-05-13          16254

To install a factory temp gauge go to: Boomer/Temperature Gauge ....

View my Photos
Thomas M. Meza

2000-05-13          16255

Follow-up message. To install a Boomer temperature gauge see Boomer/Temperature Gauge on this board through the Search The CTB search engine. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login