Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Scott T.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-04-16          14822

I was all set to buy a JD790 until I went out of town to look at the New Holland Boomers. I can get a TC25 with deluxe hitch, folding ROPS, and R4 tires for $11,695 and have it delivered in a day or two. Or I can wait a week or two for a TC33. I haven't gotten a price on it yet. I did get a price on the TC29 with the same setup at $12,140. The TC29 has the same displacement (81.2 cu.in.) but adds 200 rpm to the rated speed (2800). The TC33 has 10.a cu. in. more displacement (91.3) and a rated speed of 2800 rpm.Do you all think I'll notice or need the extra HP the TC33 offers. I'll be using a 5 ft King Kutter bush hog, a Heavy duty 5ft box scraper, and a fairly heavy set of disks(5.5ft). The disk work will be for small 1/4 arce food plots. The terrain is pretty flat but I may get into some wet muddy spots.I have never owned a tractor before so any advice will be helpful.Thanks,Scott T. (Florida)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Donald

2000-04-16          14840

If I were you I'd take the TC25 over the 33 if the 25 had FWD. I have the 29D FWD and it's a great machine. All three 25/29/33 are the same phycial size, the only difference being the horsepower. The FWD is what makes the big difference. I also have the R4 tires. Great machine! New Holland has a great deal on financing for the month of April. Donald ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Derek

2000-04-18          14877

I use a TC21d for the same sized attachments (except for the disc) and have no problems at all. The only thing I ever wish was more powerful is the loader, but it doesn't sound like you're getting one of those. The 21hp is plenty for the 5ft bush hog, as long as I'm not trying to mow solid rock. And the box blade works well too with my size, unless i drop the teeth down low and try to drag through heavy roots. The 25-33 are all physically larger and quite a bit heavier than mine, so I'm sure any of them would do fine with those attachements, although I have no experience with discs and don't know what you need for them.

It sounds to me like the 25 would be enough muscle for what you want to do, but on the other hand, the price difference isn't much. One thing I've learned about every machine I've ever owned, from cars to motorcycles to the tractor to airplanes...sooner or later you wish you had more power! Since all 3 are the same size (storage space in a shed was an issue for me and the 21 is smaller) if the price difference is small I'd opt for the extra hp. But that's just me...the 25 will do the job. ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Scott T.

2000-04-18          14885

Derek,
Thanks for the reply. You were right, the TC25 is plenty strong. The TC33 was not available so I went back to the dealer and hooked the TC25 up to a heavy duty set of disk and went down the road to a field to test them out. I buried the disks up to their axles in some loam. I put it in 4wd and it pulled them fine. The tractor is sitting in my garage right now! Can't wait to get home and get some hours on her.

Thanks,
Scott T. ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Craig

2000-05-10          16156

Have you had any concerns about HP now that you've had a chance to play. I'm planning on buying something in the next week. The dealer has a 29D in stock, but recommends turf tires. I'm concerned they may slip while pulling stumps and thus the 4hp will be wasted ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Don Hudson

2000-05-11          16185

hey.. can you tell me where you got prices like that.. I'm in Orlando, Fl and I'm getting higher price quotes from the NH dealers.

Thanks
Don ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
BoomerBoy

2000-05-11          16192

Just purchased a TC29D in NE Ohio ~ $14,400.00: which included a 914A Midmount mower - 60". ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Richard Harburn

2000-05-11          16193

I'm only familiar with Kubota but I do know from experience that when you are running a compact tractor with limited hp, the best thing you can do is buy a 4wd unit. Our older B8200 is strong but with 4wd engaged it is amazing what a difference that makes. Unless I was buying a small farm tractor (large enough to run a baler, etc.) I would always take an affordable, but smaller, 4wd before considering a larger 2wd. ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Derek

2000-05-12          16198

I'm going with R4's and they seem to be a good balance between traction and lawncare to me. They don't do much damage to the lawn (remember to disengage 4wd) but still allow you to wallow in the mud like a big pig :) Also...they look cool! ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
Scott T.

2000-05-12          16209

Craig,
I'm quite happy with the TC25, I've been running the 5' bush hog, 6' landscape rake with out any problems. I am waiting to borrow or buy a 5' box scraper. The 4WD is a big plus for me. I have the R4 Industrial tires. They are 6 ply, good traction, and have strong sidewalls to keep from poking a small brush stump thru them.

Scott T. ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
True Blue

2000-05-18          16407

BoomerBoy, does that TC29D price include supersteer and if so which dealer is that? I am looking to purchase a TC29D in NE Ohio and the best price that i have received for a TC29D w/supersteer so far is 15,000.(no implements included) ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
BoomerBoy

2000-05-18          16413

True Blue:

No Supersteer - just a base model TC29D ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
jill

2000-06-28          17542

looking at purchasing tc29d/or 33d...what ne ohio dealer did you purchase thru...looking for the best price...thanks in advance ....

tc25 now or tc33 later

View my Photos
BoomerBoy

2000-06-29          17567

Jill,

You have to work at a great price. Check out the Western PA dealers with multiple outlets, and combine that deal witrh other "toys". ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login