Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH TC48 TC55 rim bolt patterns

View my Photos
dogbreath108
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-06          141857

Hey guys,
I am having trouble finding aftermarket rims for a ford/new holland 2120 tractor. The front bolt pattern is 6 bolt on 6 7/8" center to center bolt pattern. Could someone with a new holland tc48 or tc55 tractor measure their front wheel bolt center to center (that would be to the bolt directly across not next to). I know that the tc48 and 55 tractors are basically the same as the model 2120 that is no longer made. I am thinking that when new holland changed the model number to the tc series that they also changed the front bolt pattern to the very very common 6 bolt on 6" center.
I was attempting to find used rims that would also fit the 48 and 55 but I am now thinking that I may be wrong in assuming that they would fit my 2120.

thanks

Joe

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-06          141860

NH is good for changing rims and bolt patterns even within the same series like my TC33D won't fit a TC30.

Look up Unverferth.com. They're in Kalida, Ohio and are the OEM and aftermarket maker of a host of AG and construction rims, they even make dually rims and specialty stuff. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-06          141865

I bet that is actually a metric rim.

6 & 7/8 is exactly 17.5 centimeters.

My japanese Deere has a metric bolt pattern on the front axle. It is impossible to find a match for my rims outside of Deere parts. ....

View my Photos
dogbreath108

2007-05-07          141920

thanks for the info guys. Yeah I'm sure the rim is metric... The average new rim measuring 8x16 for a 9.6x16 front tire with a 6 x 6 bolt pattern is about $75. mine for the 2120 with the 6 x 6 7/8" pattern is $287 each at the dealer.. That really hurts... I would cringe a little but pay it at $150, but $287. :-( ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-08          141922

Just wondering, is it possible to change the hubs to change the bolt pattern and if so the cost? kt ....

View my Photos
oneace

2007-05-16          142135

EW The TC33 and the TC30 rims are interchangeable. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-17          142182

Oneace, when I bought my 33D (Boomer) in '02 they had a slightly similar TC30 (supposedly not a Boomer) that sold as sort of an "economy model"--metal fenders, hood and looked like the previous Ford models. The dealer didn't have Ag tires in stock to sell, so I asked him about swapping tires and rims off the TC30, and they said the rims were different. Am I getting the models screwed up of that year? ....

View my Photos
agriman

2007-05-18          142191

In the Per-Boomer days (OLD 20 series) NH sourced the rims from Japan along with the tractor and rims are metric. When they launched their Boomer series they changed the hubs to meet the SAE standard. The TC30 was also updated to use SAE rims. All Boomer models including TC30 use a Standard US supplied rim.(TZ not included) The TC30,TC33,TC34 all use the same size and bolt pattern. The dealer was mistaken because they will interchange. The front is a 6x6 and the rear 8x8.

The SAE Standard rims will not fit the older Pre-Boomer models and I know of no one who is offering any kind of adapter kit. To change out the hubs would be very expensive.

I agree with Earthwrks that a call to Unverferth would be a good idea but, you have to be dealer to buy from them.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-18          142210

Agriman, you don't have to be a "dealer" per se to buy from Unverferth. They were going to sell to me as a contractor, but then he changed his mind at the last second and said that I needed to find anyone such as car repair shop that would want to place the order for me, then I buy it through/from that shop. If that shop wanted to mark it up that was up to them. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-18          142211

Agriman, I don't quite agree with your Boomer lineage explanation based soley on my inspection of the '02's at the time. I was told the Boomers (and the former NH website showed it too at the time) were ONLY plastic-hooded and fenders versus the plain-jane, all metal hood and fenders older looking TC30 (with no letter suffix like XXXX-D or DA) of the day. The TC30 was many thousand $ lesser too. The Bomers were being marketed to the the higher end user versus the TC30 which was offered to someone who really didn't need or couldn't buy the Boomer. ....

View my Photos
agriman

2007-05-21          142288

Earthwrks,

In order to buy from Unverferth you must have an account with them or use an Unverferth Dealer. They do not sale to the general public over the phone/net. You don’t necessary have to be in the equipment business to be a dealer but, they do require that you be in the service parts/repair field (Tire dealer/Shop) and have a tax ID number to buy from them. I guess one could argue over if this makes you a dealer but, you are set-up to buy from them.

You are correct about the TC30. I didn’t mean to imply that the TC30 was considered a Boomer because it is not. A better choice of words would have been All Boomer and TC30. My point was to clearify that they share the bolt pattern.

NH basically brought back the line because of Market demand for a lower cost unit in that HP range. The Boomer’s of that HP range did have and economy model for several years but, it was still over priced and didn’t meet the Market demand so, the econ models were replaced by the TC30 but they (TC30) are not marketed as Boomers.

Look for more of the same thing from all the manufactures in the future. There are increasing markets for more cost effective (plain/no thrills) tractors. The Big boys are having to deal with the cheaper imports. Deere is doing the same thing with their 03 series and NH with there TTA series.

Sorry for any confusion.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login