Go Bottom Go Bottom

TZ24DA Transmission Range Safety Switch Problem

View my Photos
rwacho
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-28          120022

The other day, I put the loader on for this upcoming winter and I had a problem starting the tractor, as if it was in gear or front PTO on (safety lock-out). After checking that it was in neutral, brakes were on, and hefty me was on the seat, it still wouldn't start. I rolled it backward a little bit and was able to start it. This occurred again out back and I discovered the transmission range safety switch was the culprit. I jumpered it to get it back up into the garage to work on. The hydraulic fluid level is fine (checked on level surface). Has anyone had a bad one? Only 30 hours on TZ, but out of warranty.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-29          120079

Never heard of a bad one but there is always a first. A new switch should not cost that much to replace. ....

View my Photos
rwacho

2005-11-29          120087

Is there very much fluid leakage when the switch is removed? I wonder if its just stuck and could be cleaned? Probably right, just get a new switch. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-11-30          120099

There is a possibility that there may be debris in the switch. You should not lose too much fluid when you remove the switch. I know on the larger tractors when the fluid is cold the switch will move very slowly to return to neutral to allow starting. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-12-01          120214

Rwacho, I also have a TZ24DA with about 130 hrs. Occasionally, I will have a starting problem similar to yours. I can move the transmission into neutral and/or sometimes have to gently step on one of the foot pedels to get it to start. Also, there is a two second delay if you try to start and it fails to start. I think that sometimes this is my problem that I try to restart too quickly.

Where is the transmission safety switch located, I may need to check it?

Dave ....

View my Photos
rwacho

2005-12-01          120242

Took a picture of the location of the switch, see my pic #2. It's located just below the fuel filter. I took the photo with the camera on the floor pointing up. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-01          120248

Why do you say You are out of warranty? ....

View my Photos
rwacho

2005-12-02          120261

I assumed the warrenty was only for a year, is it longer? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-02          120294

Normal New Holland warranty is two years. With an optional extended. Where did you buy it at? ....

View my Photos
rwacho

2005-12-02          120296

Lancaster Tractor Sales. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-02          120303

Now I have a clear picture. You have a two year warranty. Which you should get a letter from New Holland at about 16 to 17 months into you warranty telling you about the extended service plan and will tell you to contact your dealer about this.

My suggestion to you would be that since your your dealer fail to tell you of the full 24 month warranty on all boomer tractors that you might want to find a more reputable dealer when and if you decide to purchase the extended plan.

Below are two links the first is the extended plan the second show the warranty of the tz located just below the second blue box.

Hope this helps you. If you need any assistance finding a more knowledgeable dealer let me know.

P.S.
I do not work for any dealer nor am I associated with New Holland at all.

Edit second link not working. ....

Link:   New Holland extended warranty plan

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-02          120305

Here is the link for the TZ which includes the warranty statement. ....

Link:   TZ with warranty statement

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login