Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-11          117756

Has anyone seen a compact tractor the size of a New Holland 1715 or TC 30 with dual rear tires ?
I could use some extra floatation and traction with my 1715. I use an airblast sprayer with a 55 gallon tank on the three point hitch and would like to spread out the tractor's footprint to help lessen soil compaction. It has 11.2 X 24 rear tires on it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-11          117757

The only tractor that I have seen stock with the dual wheels in the powertracs. If the tractor is not designed for them I might be worried about bending an axel. There are higher floatation tires available for grass. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-11          117758

Hear is some good info. pertaining to this area, in particular ensuring the tires are at the lowest pressure that will allow them to carry the load. ....

Link:   Things You Should Know About Farm Tires

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Art White

2005-10-11          117762

Probably would fing it cheaper to buy a larger width tire combination for the rear. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Murf

2005-10-12          117777

"I could use some extra floatation and traction with my 1715."

Pick one, dual tires will give you better floation, but less traction. Single rears will give you better traction but less floatation.

You can't have it both ways.

If you're concerned about spreading out the weight it would be far easier for you to use a 3pth dolly, sometimes referred to as a jeep.

Besides duals on the rear would be a big hinderance to your traction with items like a box blade.

Best on luck. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-10-12          117810

Mcord, or McCord tires. We have a customer that has wide turfs on a tc30, phone # for them is 1-800-348-2396, they can set you up.

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Jeremy German

2005-10-14          117870

I am a New Holland and Case IH dealer located in Somerville, TN. Contact me with your tire size and I can give you a price for duals.

Mike Burrus or Jeremy German

Willie German Equipment Co.
(901)465-3573 ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Murf

2005-10-14          117871

Hmmmm, those last two posts sure look like SPAM don't they?

Of course, I'm sure Dennis would welcome a dealer or manufacturers PAID advertisement to help subsidize the costs and effort of keeping this site available for us.

Besides, as a rule, I think most memebers of this board(like myself) have a dim view of spammers and certainly wouldn't give them any business.

We do like SPONSORS though. ;->

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-10-14          117891

I was all confused I guess. I thought that by adding extra area contacting the ground not only would I increase traction but also increase traction. Thanks for setting me straight. I haven't heard of the jeep thing. Could you explain please. Thanks. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-10-14          117897

Wasn't spam, i don't work for McCord, just thought i'd be helpfull. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Peters

2005-10-15          117904

I don't believe that it is that cut and dried in terms of traction and contract area. You need to consider you soil type or surface you are on. You also need to consider tire design. What type of surface do you use the sprayer on? I assumed it was grass and spraying the trees in an orchard. Looking at your original post I could be way off base. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-10-15          117917

You're correct, it is grass with a heavy clay soil structure. I'd just like to eliminate as much soil compaction as possible and try not to tear up the grass to boot. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2005-10-15          117930

If you stick the duals on you are FOR SURE going to tear up the grass every time you make a turn. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-10-16          117967

The tires i was talking about are used on turf farms mainly for for that reason. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Peters

2005-10-16          117975

The overwidth turf tires will give you greater traction on grass. I certainly found greater slipage with the R4 than turf tires. I think Murf had some source for wide turf tires, but I could not find the post. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-10-16          117989

I'd thought about making turns too and having the extra rubber tearing things up even more so than now. I've pretty much nixed the dual idea for that very reason and also the loss of traction I learned about from a previous post. Sounds like I may stay with what I have. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-17          117999

Try galaxytire.com

Deere offers them as an option for fine turf/high floation. You will need to get new rims. I'm running Galaxy's on the front (standard with Cadet's turf offering on this model) having a real wide front turf tire. They're great!! That allows you run turfs and use your loader to max. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Murf

2005-10-17          118001

nhrockcrusher, a Jeep (in this context) is a two-wheeled cart with a sort of double set of lower mounts and an extension arm for the upper link of a 3pth.

You mount it to the lower 3pth links, then mount your (carried) implement to it. The wheels which sit under the rear of the implement carry the rear half of the load, thereby reducing the weight on the back tires by spreading the weight over four tires instead of just two.

They are a real specialty item mostly seen just on commercial high-end turf work.

Peters, Yooper hit it, Galaxy Tires.

Best of luck.

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
Art White

2005-10-17          118002

The first thing I'd tell you if you don't own a tractor yet is to try the different makes as there are differences! Some don't even turf much in four wheel drive when making tight corners and there are others that tear in two wheel drive do to the angle of the axle. The rears without difflock engaged normally don't tear turf even if they are wide where the fronts might. ....

Dual rear tires

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-10-18          118130

Thanks for all the advice. I like the Jeep idea Murf. Think I'll draw up some plans and see if I can get it to work with my sprayer. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login