Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland Hi Lo switch problem

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-16          114945

My TC45D had a problem last winter..the powershift switch would not work when it was cold. Once it warmed up, I never gave it another thought, until yesterday, when I can't get it to go into high (Rabbit)range again. The light on the switch works. Does anyone know anything about these?

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-16          114959

Under the left step is the solenoid. Make sure the wires did not come loose. There are two black ones. If one or both come out of the plugs the light will change but the tractor will stay in low. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2005-08-17          114981

Oneace, Thanks for the suggestion...I'm at work, but just called my dad to tell him what you said. I was brush hogging some very tall stuff, and possibly one of those wires got loose. I'll let you know...thanks again! ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2005-08-18          115033

ONEACE to the Rescue! Thanks...your suggestion was right on, both wires were just hanging from the solenoid, (and, in a fairly vulnerable place!) I plugged them in, not knowing which wire connected to which one, but my hi/lo switch is working again. Thanks for the help! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-18          115056

Glad I could help. It really does not mater witch wire goes where it will work either way. ....

View my Photos
dieseltrctr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-27          115522

Oneace...Looks like you are quite the New Holland fan. I started out working for a farmer and puts hours and hours in on his Ford 7700 tractor. I just had to have that blue again and now have purchased a New Holland...no complaints here. Of course I realize they are no part of Ford now! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-27          115523

I like New Holland and worked for a dealership for three years up until about three weeks ago. I do believe they are a very good tractor for the most part. I would just not buy any of there new products until they have been out for a few months. They tend to rush into production before all the bugs are worked out. ....

View my Photos
dieseltrctr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-27          115528

I am definitely with ya on waiting on new products....be it trucks, tractors, or whatever. This is especially true when they majorly change anything dealing with the power train. I have always been sceptical when new engine designs have come out on trucks. A buddy of mine bought a dodge when they first came out with the magnum v-8's on the dakotahs. He could not keep a transmission in that thing. Sure it was a hell of an engine, but the tranny just couldn't handle the torque. Where are ya working after the New Holland dealership? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-27          115530

I am now running the shop of a large construction company. They have a multi million dollar fleet of JUNK. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2005-08-28          115533

OA sounds like a gold mine for a wrench puller. GREAT JOB SECURITY! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-28          115555

Yeah if you can tolerate the complete and total lack of respect that the owner shows to his employees. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login