Go Bottom Go Bottom

Taking the leap almost NH 1725

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-01          70066

Well I am thinking about taking the leap to make that first Tractor purchase. Have worked on my neighbors farm for 6 years now helping him out with hay in the summer. Mostly driving the Farmall M and on occasion the 90 hp Massey. We recently purchased a new home with a little over 3 acres and have fenced most of it for our horses. I realize after only a few months that a small tractor would really help out around the house. Looking at a 1998 NH 1725. Sitting on a dealers lot, they are asking 12,500 with a FEL and 450 hours. Tried to find a little more about the 1725 and have not had too much luck. Looking for some feedback on this tractor or should I look at the TC24. Would mostly be used for moving manure/keeping pasture undercontrol (2/1/2 acres) looking at getting the MMM and selling my Yardman riding mower. Thoughts? Comments? By the way this is one of the best discussions sites I have found. Some of the best and most knowledgable feedback I have seen.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
osheen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-01          70067

I just purchased a 97 1725 a few weeks ago. I had borrowed my buddies TC25 a few times and really liked it. I went searching for something similar and ran across the 1725 for a good price. The 1725 looks identical to the TC25 and TC29 and has 29 HP. I really don't see how you could go wrong with it. It's all the tractor I need for my 5 acres.

One thing I wish that it had was a locking differential. I'm not sure if it can be added or not. The TC25 has it.

I must have gotten a good deal on mine. I got it from a private party for 11,400. It has a 7308 FEL and a Land Pride tiller. It only has 195 hrs on it! I did have to go trade the turf tires in on R4s which cost me $400 and additional $250 to have them filled. So now I'm in it $12,050.

The price the dealer is asking isn't too bad really. You might see if he'll hagle or throw something in. It cost me $175 to puchase all the filters and hydraulic oil. See if they'd toss that it. But a dealer is always going to ask more than a private seller.

As long as it doesn't show signs of abuse or neglect buy it. It's a great tractor!

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-01          70068

wbowhunt, first off welcome! Unless this is a 4WD 1725 I would say pass on it. Without 4WD, you will hate the tractor. $12,500 is a bit on the high side. I would say more like the $8,500 price range is within reason. Get 4WD with any CUT you are considering, especially if you plan to mount a FEL. You will need front traction to get a decent bite with a FEL. For not much more money than they are asking for this tractor; you could buy a brand new John Deere 790. Now would be a good time to do some comparison price shopping amongst all the color tractors. Might help give you a feel for what is out there and what would be best to your liking. ....

View my Photos
osheen

2003-12-01          70069

Mine is a 4WD. Yeah, I wouldn't even consider any tractor without 4WD. Everyone I've talked to said I got a great deal. It might depend on the area what the prices are.

My dealer wanted $15,300 for a new TC30 with 7308 FEL. Kubota L7800 was $15,500. There was a used dealer here trying to sell a 79 Kubota 24 HP 4WD (can't remember model) with 650 hrs, paint all faded, tires cracked, and a new aftermarket (after-thought looking) loader. He wanted $8,500. The guy was nuts! There are a lot of used dealers around here trying to peddle all brands of tractors (some gray market) with after-thought loaders for around $10K that in my eyes were a roach. Even a new Jin-ma or other Chinese copy is $13K. At that point I was going to buy new until I found the 1725.
But It's definitely worth looking at new too. Especially Dec. 31st at closing time.
My extra 2 cents..... ....

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-12-02          70075

I'd take a long look at a TC-30, bought mine in May03 was $14050 bought new in NC, 4wd,7308fel,loaded R4's gear. the 1725 is a fine tractor but $12500 plus tax and what else? no warranty. Now if you can get it sitting in your backyard for less than $11000, but first I would talk to the New holland dealer that advertises on this site, heck they were advertsing TC-30, gear, bushhog 185 loaders for $13500 a month ago,but it is a weaker loader by 20%, Happy Hunting, More Research Required ....

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-12-02          70076

They still have A Tc-30 r4's gear 9x3 with a bushhog 1846QT loader for $13500, too much for that 1725 ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-02          70080

Hey bowhunt, what part of WV are you in? I'm from Shepherdstown, WV. I just bought a new Kubota B-7800 4X4 with R-4 tires, FEL, box blade, MMM, 2 link chains for $17,650. Kubota was offering some pretty nice financing at 3.99% for 5 years. I had bought a used tractor and didn't have a real good experience. After I got it, it started to nickel and dime me, so I went new. The 7800 is 30 HP and I love it. It is big enough to do some nice loader work, but small enough to make it convenient to mow with. Good luck ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-02          70082

Let me repeat myself, This is one good site and you guys and gals are really a great bunch of folks, the quick and thought out feedback is such a help in this process.
The 1725 is 4WD and listed as Excellent Condition. Other then the FEL. that is it for 12,500. But here again this is asking price. I am going up to test drive Thursday, The dealer carries both NH and Kubota, new and used. So I am going to take a long look at all my options when I get there ( Got the whole day set aside ), I had been looking at the TC29, but it doesn't appear to have the Mid PTO. I am not sure the 1725 does either ( More research going on )
I was planning on checkin on the John Deere dealer on my way home. I Was just Curious about the 1725 and it's short time around as an avaiable model. Is this common? Thanks again for the feedback. Kubotaguy, Looks like we are Neighbors. I live in Shepherdstown as well. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-02          70084

My Question is Where is the Dealer that has this TC 30 deal for 13500? The price looks good but if I am looking at delivery from the midwest and then Support afterwords, I am really saving or getting a deal? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-02          70087

Figure around $9,300 since it is a 4WD model. I don't know that much about this particular tractor but it was manufactured from 1997 to 1998. This is NOT a very good indication of good piece of equipment. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-02          70092

I bet you are going to Antietam Tractor aren't you? I talked with Justin Reed and he was great. They offer free delivery, but with the difference in Maryland and WV sales tax, I saved $200 picking it up myself. I tried sending you an e-mail, but it was returned. I live on Ridge Road. You are more than welcome to take a look at the B-7800 that I have. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-02          70115

Yes, I am heading up there Thursday. Although I called yesterday to see if it was still on the lot and the person I spoke with, did not see very helpful. He just answered "Ya, It's here" and when I asked a couple questions I got " Ya" and "OK" no real feedback. It got me thinking aobut all the talk on the importance of the dealer. But I am going to go there again in person and I will ask for Justin. What is really scary in all this tractor shopping is that my wife is the one pushing me to look at getting a tractor. I am the one trying to justify it. God, I love that Woman. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-02          70116

Just one other thing to let you know about. I checked with my homeowners insurance and they said that a tractor that is 30 HP and higher had to have its own policy to insure. He said the policy was going to be around $150 to $200 a year but you need the insurance making an investment like that. Good luck, hopefully we'll get plenty of snow this year to you justify it. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-02          70118

That is something that I had not thought of. I will have to call and find out about. I needed to call about the horses anyway, so I mine as well get all the pockets emptied. I sent you an E-mail with a return address. Thanks for the offer on riding the orange. I may have to take you up on it. I live out near dam 4 and the NCTC. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-12-02          70158

I think the reference to the 13500 for a TC30 was from Corriher...they have an ad on the Tractorpoint page. I have a friend that bought a TC40 there; deliver was possible (to central WV) but he borrowed a trailer and got it himself. It is a hot topic about whether you are ahead to do that because of dealer support, etc. I stayed semi-local and bought a TC29 at the 2nd closest dealership (Kines in Philippi) since I couldn't get any service from the closest dealer. Anyway, my buddy saved a couple of grand by going out of state.
Bill ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-03          70178

I started out reading this site with out being a member. Just to get the jist, Then signed up for the free membership and within the day I became a full member. Realizing quickly that the money I spent for this membership has already saved me $1000's. The one recurring issue I keep seeing in almost all these discussions is the Importance of the dealer. I guess in the end it comes down to our judge of character and word of mouth. So far I haven't had a bad experience in my search, but I have just made general inquries to this point and I think the dealers knew I was just kinda getting a feel. Tomorrow will be my big test as I spend the day sitting down and talking actual options and $$. Any last minute advice from those that have been there. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-03          70179

I would write down all of the options that you definitely want and some of the options you would like to have as well as implements. Also write down all questions you have for the dealers. When you see all those new shiny tractors, you may forget some of the things you wanted to ask. Also I would get all quotes written out. And finally when comparing tractors, make sure it apples to apples.
Good luck and most importantly have fun. ....

View my Photos
craig76z

2003-12-03          70220

1725 is very like the tc29 with no adjustable seat or steering wheel.No rear wheel lock. It is the year before they changed to the tc name. I have one and love it.I have FEL and BH for $12500 ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-03          70250

Well I have come to the conculsion that it is a good tractor at a bad price. I searched the web nationa wide and found that in 1999 brand new they listed at 12600. Every used one I found with similar options, mainly 4x4 and FEL asking or sold price was between 8700 to 9800. If you added the tille or Snow blower they got up to 12000. Plus it is not HST and I think I am going to have to go with HST in order for my Wife to be able to play with it as well. So it looks like I am back to new or used Blue/Red green or orange. Thanks for all the feedback and good advice.

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-12-05          70386

Corriher Newton, NC Tc-30,9x3 gear, loaded R4's,bush hog 1846QT loader, $13500. This is alot closer to WV than MI.
I've been shopping compacts off and on for 5 years since we bought land and had a home built in 1998. If I would have had my way I would have owed a 1725, 7308 fel and mower in '98 before my home was finished and in hindsight I should of bought than instead of paying and busting my but turning this vacant farmland into my home. Now for some reason I found a $2000 range in new holland compacts in different parts of the country why?, what the market will bear is my best guess. I've owed a TC-30 9x3 gear, 7308 fel,loaded R4's since May03 bought at Corriher paid $14050 plus $600 shipping to my front yard. Both local New holland dealers had a chance to match it or get close and neither would get under $16000 plus 6% sales tax. My original deal with Corriher was a TC_30 9x3 gear Bush hog 1846qt loader and Loaded R4's for $13200. after comparing specs. on both loaders I decided to upgrade to the new holland 7308 pushing the price to $14050 still $2000 below what it would have cost me in MI. I gave serious consideration to Kubota(almost bought one) and Mahindra looked real hard, but blue was my first choice. I have 105 hours on my TC-30 and it has been flawless. My closes new holland dealer knows what I did and told me he will service my tractor since I buy fluids, filters and a dual rear hydrulic remote set-up from him. The TC-30 has a mid PTO and an option and the TC-29D has it standard. now to end this long post, there are a lot of great compacts on the market today and if are looking at new holland compacts call Corriher and work from there, good luck in your choice ....

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-12-05          70387

Corriher Newton, NC Tc-30,9x3 gear, loaded R4's,bush hog 1846QT loader, $13500. This is alot closer to WV than MI.
I've been shopping compacts off and on for 5 years since we bought land and had a home built in 1998. If I would have had my way I would have owed a 1725, 7308 fel and mower in '98 before my home was finished and in hindsight I should of bought than instead of paying and busting my but turning this vacant farmland into my home. Now for some reason I found a $2000 range in new holland compacts in different parts of the country why?, what the market will bear is my best guess. I've owed a TC-30 9x3 gear, 7308 fel,loaded R4's since May03 bought at Corriher paid $14050 plus $600 shipping to my front yard. Both local New holland dealers had a chance to match it or get close and neither would get under $16000 plus 6% sales tax. My original deal with Corriher was a TC_30 9x3 gear Bush hog 1846qt loader and Loader R4's for $13200. after comparing specs. on both loaders I decided to upgrade to the new holland 7308 pushing the price to $14050 still $2000 below what it would have cost me in MI. I gave serious consideration to Kubota(almost bought one) and Mahindra looked real hard, but I blue was my first choice. I have 105 hours on my TC-30 and it has been flawless. My closes new holland dealer knows what I did and told me he will service my tractor since I buy fluids, filters and a dual rear hydrulic remote set-up from him. The TC-30 has a mid PTO and an option and the TC-29D has it standard. now to end this long post, there are a lot of great compacts on the market today and if are looking at new holland compacts call Corriher and work from there, good luck in your choice ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-06          70408

I looked at Corriher a couple days ago and then again last night, My concerns were would I be saving when I had to pay shipping, but if they shipped to MI for$600 I may have to look again. I talked with two relatively local NH Dealers. Both do NH and Kubota. One really pushes the Kubota and didn't carry any of the smaller NH. TC 30 was it. He didn't even want to talk about NH. The other I only talked with on the phone and he was by far the best to deal with. Very forth coming on all issues and all tractors. I am going down there to look at a TC21 (Used) and at that time will talk with him about purchasing else where and having them for Warranty work. Just to get a feel. Thank you for the feedback. That really give me another option I wasn't to keen on. How long after you made the deal did they take to deliver? I am not in a rush. Just curious? ....

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-12-06          70412

I overnighted them a certified check and finaced 60% of it through NH credit 0%, 36 months on a Tuesday. The tractor left Corriher on that following Friday, Steve called, then the driver called me, He had a stops in WI, and IN, before me. He then called me at work Tuesday morning when he was a couple hours away and I shot home. So 1 week from commitment to delivery. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login