Go Bottom Go Bottom

new TC30

View my Photos
MartyA
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-11-23          33368

Any one have any info on a TC30? Other than what is on the NH main page. It seems to stack up against the green very well for a 30HP no frills machine. I am about to purchase a CT myself for my farm and can not justify the HST $$$. ... Can anyone give me a little bit of advice regarding tires Indus vs grass. My wife is quite worried about terring up the pasture with R4 tires...any thoughts? I also am wondering about NH track record for first year products...is there a history of production errors in the first year? Thanks for all of your comments. MartyA

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new TC30

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-10          33734

I drove a TC30 today. It was a HST 4x4 with ind. tires. It drove well but it's missing a few items. It didn,t have cruise control, tilt wheel, or suspension seat. The seat does not swivel like a TC-D either. The price I got with a FEL and 72" belly mower was $18700. ....

new TC30

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2001-12-11          33739

I understand it doesn't have a folding ROP... ....

new TC30

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-11          33741

I recall a discussion somewhere about some model of Kubota, but I don't remember the model --sure am helpful this morning. In the discussion, somebody was having a very difficult time getting his folding ROPS up and down. I'm not sure if it was that model in general or his particular tractor that was the problem. I believe the conclusion was that the folding ROPS just wasn't suitable for regularly getting a tractor in and out of a garage. Anyway, the ease of folding an ROPS up and down might be a good thing to check for somebody buying a tractor and planning to keep it in a low-clearance building.

There also was something about where the ROPS bar rested when it was down, but that's one more thing I don't remember. I probably would have paid more attention if I had a folding ROPS and a garage that wasn't full of other stuff.

new TC30

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2001-12-11          33743

There was some issue with this one guys boomer. I DON'T think I would buy a compact tractor in the size of what we are talking about unless it had a folding ROP only because.... of my personal needs. I have lots of trees and a 30 is small enough that it would be used a lawn mower as well as utility use. I couldn't justify the cost unless I could keep it busy. Not being able to go under trees without busting limbs off isn't a pretty picture. ....

new TC30

View my Photos
sod man

2001-12-11          33758

don't understand why after 2 years i needed a new id and password to get on here ,but i'm back.i looked at a 30 at the st.louis farm show two weeks ago.i think new holland had some parts left from the old 20 sieres and needed to use them up.it looks like a 1520 with tc30 decals.it ain't nothin fansy.everbody have a safe holiday. ....

new TC30

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-12          33761

Yeah, I sure wish I had a folding ROPS and could get my tractor in the garage. Then I'd be able to do my mechanics on concrete. Lord. I hate trying to work on gravel. I spend more time keeping sand off everything than pulling wrenches. It's good if the problem was one machine. the way I recall the discussion, the problem could have been similar to Cutter's loader.

I guess you think about the extra risks accepted whenever driving a tractor with the ROPS down--dang, I guess that's something that has to be said. Rollovers happen when least expected I hear. What may be a little less well known is that a major cause of accidents in the forest is bumping a tree with equipment and having a limb crash down. That's why skidders have steel cages. Strictly speaking, it's the limbs that are called 'widow makers' and not the leaners. Your trees may not be big enough for much concern, but when working in the woods, it's a very good to keep track of what's overhead.

On a similar subject, we've got a den of very active Beaver along our favorite path to the store. The Beaver are out of small small trees and are tackling some very big ones and leaving some standing on pencil points. It's gotten to be just too risky for the walk along the river. I figure it'll take a few good storms to blow down enough trees so the walk is a pleasure again. But then, the snow will be so deep that you can't see which trees are beaver-works in progress. There's so many beaver around here that the railroad is paying trappers bounties to take beaver out of specific places where dams threaten the rail line.

new TC30

View my Photos
B. Hahn

2001-12-26          34071

I am seriously looking at a TC 30 to replace my Case 1120 compact. I was surprised to see that the castings and all components of the machine except sheet metal are the same as the Boomer. At $15,500 with 7308 loader& 68"HD bucket, this machine is $3000.00 less than the TC33D and it has the same motor. The only difference is 2600 RPM on the TC30 vs 2800 RPM on the Boomer 33D to get that extra 3hp. Apparently CNH assembles the Shibaura tractor in Georgia with the Boomer sheetmetal and the TC30-18 and 21 come from Shibaura in Japan. This is a nice unit for the money and is worth a look even if you are not on a tight budget. ....

new TC30

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-27          34076

I've heard the engine story before. I seem to recall that the extra HP is achieved by changing the governor weights, but maybe there's something more to it. I believe the trick is called 'turning up the fuel,' and can be done to any diesel, although the engine will run hotter. It's not uncommon for a manufacturer to 'tune an engine down' for a particular product, and there’s a good chance the TC engine is engineered for higher power.

It's probably good to think of tractors as 'portable power sources.' You buy a particular power because it gets the work done in an acceptable time. Power, weight, hydraulic capacity etc. tend to go together. More power gives more of the others as well. In compacts, I'm not sure that 3ph makes that much difference in how long the work takes.

Where I'm going with this is that the idea of power is basic, and basic is good. You buy the power you need to get the work done in the time you have, and everything else is features. So, you take a look at the features and ask; 'Are they worth it?' Good chance the TC is a good deal for many people, and three extra horse isn't likely to make a significant difference in performance for most people. Part of good operating technique is the ability to match an implement’s power requirements to that produced by the tractor. Slower ground speeds, small bites etc. with an implement requires less power--just takes longer to do.

new TC30

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2001-12-27          34078

So let me ask this... where does the Boomer TC29D come into comparison with the TC30? Price, different body, is the engine a turned down 33? All the features on the 29 compared to the non features of the 30. I wonder where all this fall in the mix? ....

new TC30

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-27          34080

The TC29 and TC25 have the same displacement engine, 81.2 cu. in.; the 25 is rated at 2600 rpm, the 29 at 2800 rpm. The TC33 is 91.3 cu. in. rated at 2800 rpm.
Bill ....

new TC30

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2001-12-27          34089

So with the RPMs at 2600 would you compare it to the 25? If so dollar to dollar where does that leave you as far as extras on the 25 or 29 to a TC30 with no frills. ....

new TC30

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-28          34109

My assumption is that manufacturers always rate their engines at the rpm that produces max HP. There's really no easy was to determine an engine’s HP at an rpm different than the rated points except by putting it on a dynamometer. However, some specs list max torque at a different rpm than the rpm used for its HP rating.

HP can be calculated from torque and rpm, so HP at two points are available for many engines and estimating other points by interpolation wouldn't be too bad. However, I realize that the real subject of this thread is how to compare new tractors rather than engine theory, so I'll stop writing now.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login