Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc33d or tc35d Are the differences worth it

View my Photos
gary mason
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-12          24133

Besides the 2hp difference, is the loader/hydro joystick worth it. There doesn't seem to be a huge differences except weight. What ya'll think?The price diff is in the $800-1000 range here.thanksgary

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
John Shade

2001-02-12          24146

The differences between the TC35 & TC33 that I'm aware of are:
-additional 1000 lbs loader capacity
-rear brakes on left side to enable better brake steering
-increased 3 pt. lift capacity
-significant pulling capability (increased weight & power)
-no clutch pedal
-35 has cupholder :)
In general, if you are doing alot of pushing, pulling, dragging or lifting and the larger frame size is not a hinderance then the TC35 would be my choice for $1000. If increased manueverability & lighter weight for mowing & such were important, then the TC33 fits best.

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2001-02-12          24151

I recently faced the same situation and went with the 35D for all of the reasons that John mentioned. I also noticed that the 25D, 29D, and 33D all appear to be the same tractor with different engines. The displacement on the 29D and 33D is the same and the 33D is rated at 2800 rpm while the 29D is rated at 2600 rpm. Besides I really wanted a cup holder. ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-12          24165

Larry, how long have you had your tc35d?
are you happy with it?
How much did you give it for it?
thanks
gary ....

View my Photos
VT Steve

2001-02-13          24199

Larry, When you say cup holder, are you referring to the indentation on the lid of the "tool box". I thought that was for shotglasses or old 6 oz Coke bottles. I want my next Boomer to have a real cupholder that accomodates my insulated 16oz coffee mug (permanently attached to my hand, my wife would say). Please don't get me going on the size of the vertical tool storage safe! ....

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2001-02-13          24204

Gary, I will not get the new TC35D until this friday. The dealer had to shop around to find one for me. I paid 18,732 plus tax. As for the cupholder, it may not be much but it is better than nothing. I sure wish it was friday!! ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-14          24225

Larry, do the dealers shop around too?
How are dealers allocated the tractors?
Hopefully mine will be here at the local dealer.
They have one all set up with the loader and all.
I'm going by friday to test it out
gary

View my Photos
VT Steve

2001-02-14          24226

Larry & Gary, the questions re:dealers allocation and trading around are interesting. I have some opinions that are based strictly on observations at and of the various dealers I have dealt with. 1)Dealers shopping sround? It is pretty common practice for them to come up with equipment at other dealers and have it "transferred" to their dealership so they must talk $ during those searches and process (after all they're paying for it). I think they know full well what the other guys are doing. 2)Allotment? I believe that there ARE tractors out there for dealers to acquire and sell (about every decent, and some not so decent, sized dealer I've visited has a fair selection of variously equipped models in their yard). So I don't think it's like the PT Cruiser phenomena where there are very low numbers and a great demand so that dealers can (legally?) charge a premium for product due to supply side challenges. There is certainly some sort of allotment but I can't believe that NH wouldn't supply more tractors to those dealers who are good to them and sell more tractors.
IMHO some dealers simply don't care too much about making as much money as others but I really think this is a factor of personality and business style rather than strictly profit motive. Three local NH dealers (within 2 hours) -- Dealer #A inherited the dealership from family, likes to take 2 hour long lunches, the owners are the only ones who talk sales (and I don't think to each other) and just simply ain't too interested in making great deals. Dealer #B gets right back to me, wheels and deals and really seems interested in my business - he clearly has the highest overhead in terms of physical plant and location! Dealer #C is smaller than other two (but still has Boomers in yard and says he can get whatever I want pronto) is willing to talk tractors at length and is a great guy but won't (says he "can't") really deal on $$ at all -from my perspective, he has by far the lowest overhead! Go Figure! Different businesses have different business strategies! I think the bottom line as a consumer is that you go with what makes you comfortable. Price is a part of what makes me feel comfortable so is definitely a factor in my decisions. Hey, $2000 difference on a rig is a nice tiller or 1/3 of a backhoe (depending, of course on what dealer you talk to!!!). Nuff said. ....

View my Photos
Robert Weiler

2001-02-14          24237

For my 2 cents - Dealers are about as useful as snakes. Mine told me the boomer I was looking at was the "last" one he'd have for quite sometime. 2 days later I was in the area & drove by, he not only had 2 like mine, but he also had 5 other boomers! Don't buy NH in Chattanooga!!! ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-14          24239

I've emailed 7 NH tracer dealers in the last few days to see what there's TC35d are going for and I've not heard from any of them. Not very good business, are they all set in there old ways?
I hope not ....

View my Photos
Donald

2001-02-15          24258

I did the same - Emailed several dealers, more than one time. Never received a single responce! They're selling Boomers w/o the need to answer email (and many don't even know how!). Good Luck!
Donald ....

View my Photos
John Shade

2001-02-15          24259

I think that most of the Ag industry is not in pace with the cyber world yet - except for cutting edge dealers like Mr. Carver... ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-15          24260

I got a great quote from West Hills tractor in Tenn for the tc35d with 16la and r4's.
I'll be calling them shortly to discuss picking it up and financing options.
gary ....

View my Photos
Mail Man

2001-02-15          24261

As much as I like NH I have little use for the dealers. Till they have the green, they'll tell you anything. Don't look for an answer to your e-mail either. ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-16          24280

Here's the New Holland Credit interest
0% for 12 months
6.9% from 24 to 48 months
7.9% for 60 months

12 months same as cash!!!
I'm really going for this tc35d!! ....

View my Photos
gary mason

2001-02-18          24332

I'm aboout to make the plunge into the NH world.
I've decided on the tc35 for all the really cool features and size and power. I've got one offer for 18,500 with the loader 72" bucket and the grill guard(not standard) and loaded R4's. The cup holder didn't impress me too much, but it was good to see someone was thinking about us. What they designed into the cup holder they took away with the seat belt! The whole time I was driving it in the parking lot, so I opted not to put the SB on, the thing was banging up against the side of the tractor and the other(right side) was floping all over the place. That'l' be the first thing I do to it, is git ride of those and put in some spring loaded one like Kubota's.
gary ....

View my Photos
Dave Barber

2001-02-20          24415

I agree with you Gary, NH should have put retractable seat belts in. I have a 35D, and there are holders for the ends of the belts when they are not in use, so they don't "bang around". But still...retractable would have been better. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login