Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price for NH w SS HST Loader deck FWD

View my Photos
Harold
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-04          12528

Was quoted a price of 19.600. for NH TC29D w/loader,fwd,hst,turfs,72"belly mount mower.S Steer is another 900. Is this a good price? I can buy a new red one with two less hp and one more cyl. for several hundred less.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
CHRIS

2000-02-04          12530

In Texas you can buy a green one with 2 less hp that turns almost as well as super steer for about $2000.00 less. ....

View my Photos
Kruser

2000-02-04          12531

Harold... I'm not sure there is any such thing as a "good price" (g) but last fall I paid $19,800 for pretty much the same setup in Wichita, KS. Instead of belly mower, I got a rear-mount 72" finish mower, $1630 for that. So you can do your own math. I'm perfectly satisfied w/o supersteer; and I haven't noticed any of the "scuffing" that the JD owners have been discussing here. Incidentally, I've become pretty much convinced that, for mowing and other PTO work @ 540 RPM, the "extra" 4 HP of the TC29D vs. TC25D may not appear. It's only about a $500 premium, though... If anyone from NH is here, this could be settled by providing us with HP-vs-RPM figures for these two tractors. ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-05          12538

Thanks kruser. I also priced the Cub 7265. 19k with hst,fwd,72" and loader. I have driven both types of NH. Started and worked the hyd. on the Cub [which I liked very much] and am very comfortable on the machine. It appears to be built like a tank. I trade every few years and am a bit concerned about resale on the yellow one. Has anyone else had any experience with them? Mine is with a 154 Low Boy of the 60's vintage and many are still running strong. Thanks, Harold ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-05          12539

The green dealers in our area think the other manufacturers have gone out of business. They don't even deal reasonably green to green. ....

View my Photos
Jim

2000-02-05          12540

Hey Harold,
One thing I learned after 17yrs. in the equip business is that the JD dealers are green from head to toe, inside & out. There is no other tractor out there in their eyes. Even when they have problems it still is not a problem they hide behind their big "green" sign. ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-05          12548

Chris, I tried that color. Here they are 2k more, and rude about it! Harold. ....

View my Photos
Chris

2000-02-06          12554

Harold,
I paid $12,900 for the TC25D in December and $3100 for the loader with heavy duty bucket. The dealer said the TC29D was another $400-$500 but I wouldn't notice the difference. Haven't priced mowers yet. ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-06          12555

Thank you chris. I wish I could get more feedback on the Cub durability. I love both tractors but one dealer is higher on integrity list. ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2000-02-06          12558

Jim, I take exception to your all-encompassing bashing of dealers just because they sell a particular line of tractors. This type of stereotyping is not helpful to people, especially "newbies", on this board. I've run into terrible, arrogant, uninformed dealers and salespeople at Kubota, New Holland, and John Deere dealerships. I've also found excellent dealers that sell each of these same brands. Maybe in YOUR area and in YOUR experience all JD dealers are complacent, but that's not my experience in a different part of the country. I think it is most important to shop around and find a dealer you trust and respect, not just form an opinion on the closest dealer. I comparison shopped at 5 different Kubota dealers, 2 NH dealers, 2 Massey dealers, and 6 different Deere dealers before I put my money down. The best dealer I've run across yet sells both John Deere and Kubota (guess who I bought from). The two most arrogant dealerships I visited sold Kubota and John Deere respectively, and I met ignorant (ok, very poorly informed) salespeople in dealerships of every brand. And BTW, I generally found that Kubotas were more expensive (less discounted?) than Deeres in my area, and the New Hollands were a little less expensive than both. ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-06          12562

I can see from Jeff's post that perhaps multiple dealers with the same brand, is a good way to compare. I just feel a bit deceitfull doing that. Having had some time this weekend, I checked three dealers and all are within pennies of each other for CC/NH/Ku. The one green one was 2k higher, I didn't give him a second chance and the other green one was mad because I hadn't purchased my last tractor from him. He told me to go to another dealer! I really liked the Cub and the dealer, so far. But then, the Kubota man was also straight. What a choice! HELP! ....

View my Photos
Rick Seymour

2000-02-07          12585

Harold, Last August I paid 16,780 for a TC29D with the 7308 loader (I could not afford the supersteer). I then went to the Deere dealer & got a Land Pride # 1572 6' finish deck (3 point) for 1,650.00. Here in SE Michigan we are blessed with great Deere, Kuboda, New Holland, and Massey dealers. They are all good tractors. Emotionally I wanted a Deere, but felt the extra horsepower, price, and features of the NH were a little better. In all reality, it makes no difference given good dealers. The only stupid thing about the NH (& others have mentioned this) is that the Brakes are on the same side as the HST pedal. Makes it a little tricky to use any wheel braking. However, I don't need that so it was no big deal for me. Good luck! ....

View my Photos
Harold

2000-02-07          12591

Thanks, Rick. I think I have a pretty good line on price. Now the hard part, choosing the rig. Kind of leaning towards Cub. The tractor just felt good on me. Besides, I've been waiting three weeks for the NH dealer to give me some info I needed, he hasn't even returned my calls. ....

View my Photos
Don

2000-02-07          12592

Harold, I am torn between red,yellow and blue as well. I think the yellow is built heavier, but the red will hold its' resale best. The blue dealer isn't very responsive to my needs so far, so I can imagine how it will be after I own his brand and need work done. Green is priced too high around here, and I have a 4100 to trade! Straight dealer from NY hangs around this site from time to time. His name is Art, if you see a post write him. I will probably buy from him if he will include a rear blade in my deal. good luck ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login