Go Bottom Go Bottom

Subcompact tractor choices

View my Photos
redrum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-18          132345

Hi;

I am looking at three subcompacts, the Kubota BX2350, The NH TZ25DA, and the Massey GC2300.

I will be cutting about 2 acres, blowing snow, and some occasional FEL work.

I am wondering what others think of these tractors. I also wonder if people think that the reverse air flow in the Kubota and Massy is as big of a deal as it seems to be (good idea, but not a deal killer?)

I like the Massy so far, they haven't gone to plastic, but hey, plastic doesn't rust...opinion?

There are other reasons, it seems to be the strongest hydraulic system, and it is designed to operate at a lower RPM than the Kubota (2800 vs 3200), not sure about the NH. Also, it looks like the turn radius is tightest with Kubota and Massy, not sure about NH (can't find spec).

So, the Massy is the most expensive of the three. I would welcome anyone's opinon on any of these three machines

Thx

RR

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bloggins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-18          132351

I've got a CASE DX25E (aka NH TZ25DA) w/110 Loader & 60" MMM and I'm very satisfied. Bag's o'torque and easy to operate. Lack of reverse airflow hasn't been a noticable bother this summer. All of these tractors are built to a high Japanese standard, so you won't be disappointed by any make or model you choose. It's all about price/financing, availability, dealer satisfaction and personal taste (colour). ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-18          132352

This is just an Idea but it is a good one. You maybe better off checking with the closest and best dealer willing to work with you with the gear and parts you will need. Check the area to see who is the best in town. Service is very important what ever unit you decide on. They also will direct you toward what unit would be best suited for your area.

Good luck ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-18          132353

Plastic vs. metal? For the longest time I thought metal was best but after crashing through trees with my plastic green machine and looking at dented, scratched and rusting metal panels of the neighbors machines I'm leaning toward plastic being best now. There are opinions on both sides and it probably won't make much difference to the average owner. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-07-20          132440

You might want to look at something bigger like a NH TC34DA. I've got a TC33D and wouldn't consider anything smaller for FEL work (but there are some capable smaller machines out there but they're not for me). Plenty of power and creature comforts. Gotta get a hydro especially if doing FEL work. Makes any job twice as fast and more fun. NH has SuperSteer which gives you I believe an 18" turning radius, and when using a cutting brake it's zero. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-21          132459

I would search the posts for one on Simplicity tractors. One is also branded MF. ....

Link:   Simplicity

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-21          132488

The dealer angle is a good point and one not to ignore. You don't want to get stuck with a crappy dealer that won't take care of you if the chips are down.

You can sometimes get better deals by going far away. But why would your local guy take care of you if you went 5 hours away to save $500? ....

View my Photos
redrum

2006-07-22          132533

why simplicity? It looks like they don't even have ROP... ....

View my Photos
bloggins

2006-07-23          132536

With 1.5 acres stay with a sub-CUT tactor (max 25HP) for your size of acrerage, it will meet all of your requirements without being too much tractor. Nothing looks worse than a guy/gal on a postage stamp lot with a 5 min. mow and a 400 HP combine! ....

View my Photos
JD855inWI

2006-07-23          132542

We really like our JD. I say we as the wife gets almost as much seat time as I do, I travel for my job. All preferences aside all major brands produce a good tractor. Consider your needs and what dealer you feel comfortable with, after all you are going to be working with them for years. Find that tractor you like, try to get a loaner from them for a few days. Drive around look for someone using what you’re interested in, talk to them. After all you probably didn’t by your last car or truck with out doing some research. Plastic verse metal, cracked my hood major, took it to a body shop friend who not only fixed it but flamed it. Darned near gave me a heart attack. He did it for practice for a hotrod job he was doing. It’s green now, but does have pin stripe job on it, looks good as new. It’s a tractor, it works hard, it get dirty and scratched, but it also gets good maintenance to keep it going.. The last thing I can say is we didn’t do it soon enough, best investment ever! ....

View my Photos
redrum

2006-07-23          132550

Sure, I get your point, but the NH is 18/22/25, the Massey 22.5, and the Kab 18/23. They are all subcompacts and from the pricing I have been getting, the simplicity looks like too much for too little.

Don't forget about the snow blowing too. I get lake effect.

I apreciate you analogy though, it's like starting the tractor, just to shut it off :) ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-07-28          132749

why simplicity? It looks like they don't even have ROP...

----->>They do for another 750 bucks. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-28          132750

Redum; I am not sure which is cheaper but here is the link between the Simplicity and MF discussion. ....

Link:   TP discussion on MF - Simplicity link

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login