Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-22          94099

Does anyone know the width of an L3400 with industrial tires? I am buying another new tractor Monday but can not decide if I should go with the Case D35 with FEL or the Kubota L3400 w/FEL. I looked at the L3130 but for the same price I can get a whole lot more on the Case. Basically what is going to make the deciding factor is that how wide I can run out the wheel base on the 3400 with Industrials. I have two farms and one has a steep hill I have to keep cut since I do not have cows or horses on that pasture. I need all the stabability I can get. Hoping one of you guys might know. Thanks in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-22          94103

I have a 3130, same tractor, different motor, the width is 69.5" & that is with the industrial tires. You can adjust the tire to make it wider or narrower. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-22          94105

I agree I thought they were the same basic tractor as well but I wasnt sure since the ones they had on the lot were the 3130 with Industrials measuring about 69.5 width and the 3400 with ag tires only measuring 52.5 inches. Now I know the Industrials are wider but are they really going to make 17 inches more out of it? ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-22          94106

Another thing I was wondering was that if I buy this new L3400 that has ag tire on it and I order Industrials for it will it be the same wheel or a different wheel? It doesnt seem like this wheel is wide enough for a wider tire. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-22          94113

It will be a different wheel, So you will have to get a complete set when you order the industrial tires. What will you be using your tractor for? Ag tires have great traction believe it or not. I have the industrial tires & havent had traction problems yet but I havent gone in serious mud yet either. The idustrial tires are also called R4's & the ag tires are commomly called R1's. That something you will want to remember. There is a guy on here. His id name is Kwschumm. Ken will tell you that on his land the ag's (R1's) have much better traction in wet clay soil. He used to run the R4's & traded them in for R1's. But the R1's will tare grass right up as R4's will preserve the grass better. The R1's you measured on the lot probably have the rims(wheels) set to the narrowest setting. They can be widened easily. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-22          94117

Thanks Grassgod I am just going to buy the tractor with Industrials instead of ordering them later. They will just have to exchange them. I noticed it was on the narrowest setting. There was another setting that would bring them out 1.25" on each side. So do you think that with the industrials it will be about the same as the 3130. As they sit now with the 3130 with Industrials at 69.5" and the 3400 with ags 53" do you think that the industrials will make that much of a difference or might it still be narrower than the 3130? Thanks so much for the info. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-22          94118

Yep, in my soil R4s are next to worthless wet OR dry. The R1s are infinitely better but they do leave tracks. In regards to width I know that JD has different wheel options from 1-position to 8-position. The eight position wheels can be set to a much wider setting than the two position wheels. Maybe you should see what wheel options are available from Kubota that can be set widest and then pick the tire that works with those wheels and meets your traction vs. turf requirements. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-22          94119

Thats true, I didnt even think about that! My Massey has a sliding adjustable so you can run it in and out without taking off the wheel. So are there any options or toys that you guys would recommend I get. Right now I have selected the 3400 with FEL and the beefier 3 point and stabilizer, industrials and 4 wheel drive is without a doubt a must. Anything else that I should go ahead and throw in? Thanks ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-22          94123

The grill guard is a must. I high;y recommend getting an extra remote hydraulic line installed so you can someday run different attachments on your loader. Also make sure you get a skid steer mounted bucket which they call quick detach. Then you can replace your fel bucket with forks or what ever you desire. Which tranny are you getting? ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-22          94124

To answer your question about the width being the same on the 3400 compared to the 3130, I will have to get back to you on that, I had a booklet that had all that info. I will look for it, I just hope my wife didnt throw it out! ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-24          94298

I talked to the dealer yesterday and found out that the 3400 is still much narrower than the 3130. With Industrials he said that it would be around 60" vs 69.5
I decided to go ahead and get the 3130. We made the deal yesterday and I will take delivery Thursday this week. I went with the GST tranny, and the 723 FEL. There didnt seem to be much difference between the LA513 and the LA723 but I went ahead with the 723 since it does lift about 300lbs more and the money was only about 300 diff. I forgot to ask the dealer is the front grill part of the FEL option or should I call and ask for that as an option? ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
Art White

2004-08-24          94302

It is priced both ways in the book. I highly recommend them as normally it seems someone either buys it now or later with the grille. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-24          94382

BigOrange - CONGRADULATIONS!!! You will love it! it will take you some time to get used to it, but once you do, You will be thrilled. Yesterday I climbed over a 32" high masoned rock wall. I put my speed selector in #2 cruised right up & over it. I didnt think the front tires would climb a 90 degree wall & was doubting I could do it, But to do the job I was on, Climbing this wall was the only was to get there. This thing is unstopable! As for the Grill guard, I just told my dealer I definitly wanted one on there & there was one when I took delivery. I didnt see a charge for it on my invioce. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-25          94413

Great! I cant wait to get it. It is soo different than my massey 175. One thing I really like is that the center of gravity is much lower on it. I told my dealer yest to make sure the grill guard is on it and he said it comes with the loader so Im just waiting with anticipation now! I think I will have to take it down to my farm in Alabama and clear some of the trees the storms have taken down since there isnt anything to really use the loader with at this farm at the moment. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94440

BigOrange - did you get the remove valve kit installed with Hydraulic lines plumbed to the loader? If so, A grapple will clear tree's & brush quickly. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-27          94763

I did not get the Skid Steer quick detach kit but am thinking that I should go ahead and do that. It was delivered today and I have been using it all day and loving it. For going from a large 62 horse tractor to a smaller one it wasnt as bad as I thought. The 3130 has a great feel and does not make you feel like you are on a small tractor. Kubota did a great job with this line and it feels very solid. ....

Kubota L3400 Width

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-27          94774

I agree completely! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login