Go Bottom Go Bottom

b7610 and Valvoline Premium blue extreme

View my Photos
c5er
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-07          92947

Hi I was doing the 50hr maintenance on the 7610 and replaced the Engine oil with 5-40 Valvoline premium bule extreme full synthetic. The thought was that what I use in my Cummins Diesel. Anyone else using synthetic.

The dealer convinced me to buy std Hydraulic fluid instead of the Kubota Super UDT, but since I havent done that part yet,I think I may just get the Kubota stuff after reading the posts here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
FERRARI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-08          92954

Like I have stated here many times, I have a 20 year old B-8200 HST....THAT has over 3000 hours....all on VALVOLINE PURE SYNTHETIC oil....still runs like new.....I can tell the lower operating temp. with synthetic.....Almost all of those hours are at full throtle and mowing.....I would not use anything else.......I am getting ready to have first 50 hr survice on new B-2910....and will use SYNTHETIC for first time....it is better to break in at higher temperatures with regular oil.....and then change to synthetic oil....I run it in all of my motors ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/DSC00277.jpg

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors b7610 and Valvoline Premium blue extreme

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-08          92969

Interesting read on the Valvoline website. Sounds like good stuff. I would definitely stick with the 5w-40 rather than the 15w-40 if I lived in Wisconsin.

I have used Mobil 1 in my diesels and I am transitioning to Shell Rotella 5w-40 full synthetic, which has one sterling quality: Wal-Mart sells it for $13 a gallon.

I haven't owned diesels very long, but I have used Synthetics in some cars long term. It is possible to run a gasoline engine 100,000 miles and show no measurable internal wear. ....

View my Photos
metastable

2004-08-13          93430

I just did the 50hr on my 7610 using Mobile 1 synthetic 10W-30 that meets the CF rating that Kubota requires (CD, CE, or CF). I wouldn't think that Valvoline synthetic would be that much different as long as it meets the required ratings. I personally prefer synthetic because it doesn't break down as quickly as dinosaur juice.

I did use the Kubota UDT hydraulic oil though. It's not that much more expensive, and won't void the warranty. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-08-13          93432

"I would definitely stick with the 5w-40 rather than the 15w-40 if I lived in Wisconsin."

Mark, you are right. I put Shell 15w-40 in my L3130 last winter at 50 hrs and it was really too thick for starting at those temperatures. I changed again at 100 hrs and its been great for the summer. I think I'll try the Wally world synthetic at the 200 hr change.
Dave ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-13          93433

I use the John Deere 15W-40 Plus 50 synthetic blend in both my 4410 and Cummins. Even used it in my Sea Ray and Nissan. All 4 engines love it. ;o) I buy it by the 55 gallon drum so it cost me about $1.29 per quart. Seems to hold up well and handles soot very well. ....

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-08-14          93528

I really don't care how much the oil costs.....This is a very small price compared to the life of my engine....I use Full synthetic Valvolene....it does cost alot, but to me it is worth the price!
If you really a secret ingredient to getting better gas milage look at picture link below: ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/1glass.jpg

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors b7610 and Valvoline Premium blue extreme

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-14          93532

FERRARI, you would not believe how much additional cost is added into the price of oil with respect to labeling and advertising. For instance, Pennzoil full synthetic oil is the same oil as Walmart Super Tech full synthetic. Both are made by Pennzoil-Quakerstate. Chevron makes most of Deeres oil. Many synthetics are highly refined conventional oil. Now adays, pretty much any good grade of oil that meet the manufacturers specifications does the trick. Up until I sold my Sea Ray and Nissan recently; I had 10 engines to maintain around the house and I used a lot of oil. The Cummins used about 3 gallons each change, plus I get a real nice steel barrel to store diesel in when it is empty. ;o) ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-08-14          93544

Chief, where did you find the info on the super tech oil being made by Pennzoil? I've found most of the Super tech wally world stuff is as good as the name brand but I never took a chance with engine oil. Everyone I've ever talked to around this area swears by Mobil 1 being the best. I have used it on every vehicle and new machine after break in with regular oil and have had good luck. My 1990 wrangler I just finally sold had 280,000 on the clock and the engine was NEVER apart! I'd like to see a consumer reports or a scientific break down of the synthetic oils and how they compare. I am a fanatic with oil changes. I run Mobil 1 in my 2002 chevy silverado and have 70,000 on it. I change the oil every 3,000 even with the mobil 1. People say I'm nuts but I have one of very few 70,000 mile vehicles that the oil comes out clean at 3,000 miles. I wish I still had my 1974 chevy vega- i'd dump the waste oil in there! Any old vega owners know what I'm talking about. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-15          93560

I wrote to the Walmart HAZMAT rep. and she showed me their info. on who makes what and the MSDS's. Took a BUNCH of wading through their beauracracy but I found it. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-15          93575

Interesting. I wonder if both come out of the same tap though.

The Pennzoil product is rated for diesel usage (CF) and the Super Tech bottle says it is for gas engines only. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-08-16          93637

"I wish I still had my 1974 chevy vega- i'd dump the waste oil in there! Any old vega owners know what I'm talking about. "

I had 74 vega for a while. I called it my "anti tailgating machine." If someone was riding my ass, all I had to do was floor it. It didn't have enough power to accelerate but it would pour blue smoke out the exhaust. Tailgators would back off RIGHT NOW. And they couldn't see me laughing.

Now I can only fantasize about being able to do the same thing. Maybe I could inject a mixture of drain oil and diesel into the exhaust? Would be like sky writing on the ground!
Dave ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2004-08-16          93655

Only a true vega owner would remember this trick! Nothink like the old vega since then (thank God!) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login