Go Bottom Go Bottom

Santa Kubota Clause pays a visit today

View my Photos
jamesrm1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-07          90302

I recieved my BX23 this morning! What a day. I couldn't wait to get going with it. They delivered it with a 60"MMM
and a landscape rake. They showed me how to remove the mower, we removed it, I wanted to get right into the diggin. I put about 9hrs on the clock today, I tried to watch my speed and intensity as per the manual (it says there is a break in period the first 50hrs.
I moved a few yards of dirt, cut a tree down and dug the stump out, graded some areas on the property. The Bx23 is an awsome little tractor. Then I wanted to try the rake out. I dug into the manual and took the back hoe off. I didn't know I was suposed to hook up the hydrolic hose on the tractor, I guess it completes the inlet outlet circuit. I did'nt work with it like that, but I did start it and tried to lower the 3ph, which wouldn't actuate. I was about to call it quits for the night when I noticed the front loader doesn't go up and down. I also noticed some Hydo oil leaking from the FEL lines earlier today. Hopfully they'll come out tomorrow and fix it.
Damn, I think I need a pole barn. That or my wifes car gets booted out the garage.
It was a great day, I had a ton a fun, what a machine! Thanks for all your advice before the purchase.

Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-07          90303

Congrats on th Kubota, My Kubota had a few hydraulic leaks too, nothing a wrench won't fix. Thats all that ever went wrong, unlike my Deere. Enjoy, I bet it was a good but too short day. ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-07          90307

My 3130 had a Hydraulic leak at the quick connect for the FEL, but like he said, a quater turn of the wrench and it stopped. Congrats and good luck. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-07          90310

Barn store that tractor and the difference in resale value alone will help pay for the barn.

Enjoy your new machine. With a few tweeks, it will be a great machine for you. Make sure you keep the owners manual at the "throne" for a while. The little tricks in the manual will mean years of good trouble free service. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-08          90325

jamesrm1; Congradulations on your new tractor, at the rate you're going you may need another 40 acres just to occupy you. The hose you did'nt hook up after removing the back hoe is likely the "power beyond" circit as Deere calls it and some power beyonds like Deere have no relief valve unless that hose is hooked back up to the tractor, or using the relief valve built into the valves of the hoe, check your manual or call the dealer before you restart the tractor. Frank. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-08          90340

Frank, you got it exactly right. ....

View my Photos
jamesrm1

2004-07-08          90345

Thanks guys, and your right the sun set too soon yesterday.
I called my Kubota dealer, They are Midstate Equipment in Titusville, NJ. Heres the reason why I'm plugging there name: I called at 11am, they were going to send a truck by this afternoon to pick the machine up and fix it at the shop, which I though was good service. Then my sales guy called me back and said "were going to send a mechanic out and get it fixed today"!!! There about 18miles 40min from my home to boot. I'm pretty impressed. I'll let you know if this keeps up.
Jim ....

View my Photos
rabbittrun

2004-07-08          90364

Just another "congrats" to you from rabbittrun, down in Saucier, Mississippi.
I got my 3130 in April and on Our Nations main Holiday was
out cutting my homemade driving range at 8:00 p.m. and the
meter went to 50 hrs!
Have fun and be safe, owner!

p.s. yes, i have a par 3 course that i built and have to maintain on my "days off". I love it! ....

View my Photos
jamesrm1

2004-07-08          90385

The mechanic came as promised. He attached the outlet hose correctly tightened up the hydrolic couplinks added some oil, and every thing is great again. He said some minor leakage is inevidable with hyrolick connections. (Do you guys agree?)
I was on that thing from 4p-10p. Who needs daylight, it's overrated. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-09          90393

jamesrm1; glad to hear about you having a great dealer, that is worth lots more than saving a few bucks on the purchase then having a service orphan. I'm sure that our tax dollars ar paying somebody doing a study of us trying to find out why these little tractors are so habit forming. I spent seven hours on the 4410 yesterday mowing road ditches and enjoyed every minute of it, relaxation I guess it's called. Keep on diggin. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-09          90447

I wouldn't agree about hydraulic leaks being inevitable. Maybe if the period of time is measured in decades. The only leakage I see is a few drips when making and breaking connections. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login