Go Bottom Go Bottom

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
newatthis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-12          88370

OK, anyone out there with a BX23 have any serious complaints or regrets? I'm dangerously close to buying one and need to hear bad stuff before it's too late! Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-12          88371

Well,

I do not have a BX23 but a B2910 and if I had to do it over again I would of got the 4310 John Deere. You see I did not do enough research and put to much stake in the Kubota dealer. The john deere is the best out there don't let anyone fool you. If you want inovation and comfort do not get Kubota. Do research talk to people who own a Bx23. Test drive and if you still are not sure.....see if you can rent one for your property BEFORE you sign your life away. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
Treb55

2004-06-12          88372

I bought a BX23 a couple months back. Don't use it to much but it's there when I want it. No regrets on the BX23 but I do regret buying it from the dealer that I did.

Kubota dealers other than where I bought it have provided me better service.

My BX came with bar tires even after I had inquired about turf tires. I have less than one acre with about half of it lawn.

After I got the BX I quickly saw that the turf tires were badly needed. My dealer refused to make the exchange even though the bar tires were brand new.

I called around and another dealer has agreed to swap my tires and wheels out. Doesn't say much for Bobcat Central in Stockton, Ca. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
funchy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-13          88415

I've just finished the shopping process, and one week ago my Bx23 was delivered. I also shopped at the local NH and JD dealers. I spent more on this tractor than I've ever spent on any car/truck, and I feel pretty good about the purchase.

I've put 20 hrs on my bx23 since delivery, and I don't yet have any complaints. I've mowed a huge quantity of amazingly tall grass, cleared land including smaller stump removal, put down about 10T of gravel on my drive, and filled holes in the lawn. I'm admittedly hard on equipment, and the fact I haven't hurt it impresses me.

NH tried their best to get be to buy bigger-bigger-bigger and before I left they were insisting a bought a huge farm tractor at twice my original budget. The people at JD were polite enough, but my particular dealer didn't seem to want to sell any CUTS with backhoes; they didn't stock any. They also wanted to add a surcharge of $400something on for a hydraulic doo-dad that let me have both mid-PTO and rear hooked up at the same time; this doo-dad wasn't needed on the Kubota.

The financing my JD dealer offered on their CUTs in my range was 6.9%. 0% financing versus 6.9% is a *big* difference on a purchase that size.

I admit I'm still new to the bx23, and I am interested to hear what long-time owners have to say about it. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
newatthis

2004-06-13          88416

Thanks, "Funchy". I know what you're talking about with the JD add-on costs. They won't just give a price for the whole attachment package... It's the FEL plus that switch you referred to, plus the mounting hardware.. The costs really add up. I found one JD dealer that was suggesting an after-market backhoe on the 2210(since Deere doesn't offer one) that would keep the total cost in line with the Kubota, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not. Sounds like you're enjoying the BX so far though. I appreciate the feedback. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-13          88424

I owned a BX22 for about a year.

I have a rock-strewn hillside lot and I just couldn't deal with the ride quality after a while. That was the only real complaint I had.

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
timswi

2004-07-12          90716

I looked into the JD...it's not what they used to be...aluminum rear ends etc. Do your homework first. I bought the BX23 after looking into them for a couple of years. I don't regret it at all. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
tsjr54

2004-07-13          90764

No complaints here! Have had my BX23 about a month and put
18hrs on it. Have worked it hard pulling and digging up a
couple of 6" to 8" oak trees, Spread 25yrds sand and clay
mix.Just keep finding more things it can do.I looked hard
at others MF, NH, and JD. Glad I went with the BX! ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
PaulPrince

2004-07-13          90783

I bought my BX23 about 4 months ago and have 70 hours 0on it. I couldn't be more pleased with its performance and features. This isn't a farm, just a mountain cabin on 1/3 acre with alot of rocks, tree stumps, brush to clean up, etc. I've moved large rocks, dug footings, stumps; and done a bit of demolition on a shed (on purpose).
Had never driven a tractor before, so I can't compare with others, but I can't seem to hurt the BX. I had a defective rear tire and Kobota, with no hesitation, replaced it. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
bobodude

2004-07-13          90804

Treb55, I saw those acres of Kubotas along 99 a few times and almost bought my BX23 there but ended up buying in Nevada and saved a few hundred in sales tax plus the dealer seems to want to keep me satisfied. They seemed to have the ultimate selection. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
rlsmith

2004-07-27          92027

Well if you have not yet bought yours I hope this will let others know that I have 55 hours my one month old BX23 and it has done everything that I have needed it to do. Digging, moving, pulling, mowing, etc. The only down is the seat for a short 5'4" person, cuts in and out going over bumps. ....

Complaints with BX23

View my Photos
offtrack

2004-07-28          92174

I bought my BX22 a year ago and have put 70 or so hours on it. I live in New England with 3 very rocky and heavy clay filled acres. I've dug trenches, post holes, graded, mowed, pulled trailers, moved gravel, plowed, rolled round bales,and have had little to no trouble. JD does not make a comparable unit it this size with a bh and no one builds them as strong and as integrated as the BX in a subcompact. I bought the bar tires in addition to the turfs I had for only three hundred for the complete set. They are easy enough to switch out. Find a good dealer, I also would not go back to my original dealer but have found others in the meantime that have been real and service. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login