Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-29          87179

I have decided on the kubota L 4300 as my first tractor, It will be used mainly for rotary cutting approx. 90 acres. It seems to be the best option available, that will fit in my garage and wallet. I looked at the B7800 but knew it would not be up to the task. I would appreciate any insight or opinion anyone has.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-29          87181

BSTFLT I think you are buying the best tractor going for the dollar, I will have one one day for logging chipping and mowing. I have done extensive research on all brands and that is the one. Power, width, clearance, quality and yes looks. I am a former Kubota owner and now have a Deere 110tlb. I am color blind when it comes to tractors. Blue yellow, green, orange, doesn't matter,what do they have to offer. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87182

thanks for the input, its my first one and i did as much research as i could and came up with the 4300. i will pull a woods 60' cutter in the tall grass, that should do the trick right? ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-29          87184

Min tread width is 62.4 inches,so you could set the wheels wider. I would check out a 6 foot, you would have the hp and it will cover your tracks. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87185

I thought I would stay on the smaller side and let the horsepower work. do you think I should go with the six footer? ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-29          87186

I would go with at least 6' if not the 7' like the bush hog Squealer offset. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87190

I am looking at the woods standard duty brushbull, a friend has one and thinks its great, it looks well made. maybe i'll move up to the 6 foot model. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87191

On a 5 foot Woods medium duty cutter you are in the 30 hp up range. On a six foot you are in the 35 up hp range, you would be good there unless you are mowing heavy brush and small saplings.On a 7 foot you are in the 40hp up range you will have 45hp and 37.5 pto hp. These numbers are tractor hp. On the standard duty woods cutter you can nock 5 hp off each rating. So a 6 foot would be 30 hp up. I guess you should go by what you will be cutting for your self and maybe others. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87192

i will be cutting tall grass and small saplings, thats why i was leaning toward the smaller size cutter so i would not eat up all my pto horsepower ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87195

Well you made a great decision on the tractor I'm sure you will on the cutter. A few more points, the 5 ft comes with a shear pin and 3/8 thick blades, the 6 ft comes with a slip clutch and 1/2 inch blades. One more thing, the gearbox hp rating on the 5 ft is 50hp and on the 6 ft it's 65hp. The blade tip speed on the 6 ft is 600 rpm faster, they both have a cutting capacity of 1 inch dia material, so you wouldn't want to get into too heavy stuff anyway. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87196

BSTFLT, in no way am I trying to sway you in any direction, just throwing out numbers for you to ponder as you are with what your intentions are. But I'll tell ya, I am as excited about you buying a 4300 as you are. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87199

you're right, the 5 foot cutter i am looking at has the slip clutch not the shear bolt but thats good info about the blades. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87201

the 6 foot cutter is $300 more than the 5, i'll have to look at the numbers again i guess! thanks you are a big help. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87204

The horse power rating of the gearbox I would wonder about too. On the 5 it's 50 and on the 6 they jump it to 65. All though I had a new Mercury outboard that was rated for a 25 mph impact on the lower leg and I skimmed over a granite boulder about 2 inches under the water and struck every inch of the leg going exactly 25 and believe it or not, no damage. The motor of course tipped right comletely out of the water and turned all the rpm's it had but nothing was hurt. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87206

is the tread width adjustable on the L4300 and if so whats the widest i can set them?? ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87209

I'm not sure about the exact measurement but my guess would be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches a side. 2 to 3 total. If you look at the wheel it is two piece, the center can be set on the inside or outside of the four bold flanges that are about 1 to 1 1/2 thick welded to the rim. Also at least on the dt3000 and I'm sure it the same, you can swap the left front with the right front putting the wheels inside out and that widens the stance, with out having to reverse the tires. ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
BSTFLT

2004-05-29          87213

thanks for all your help - it sounds crazy but i bought the 4300 sight unseen. i drove the other L series models with the fancy trannies and cupholders but after comparing the numbers figured the 4300 to be better in all areas, and i just like old fashion gears in my slushbox! ....

Kubota 4300

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-05-29          87216

When I bought my dt 3000 they acted like a standard shift was something no one has ever attempted to drive. I said I like standard I can drive it, what do I need a cruise controll for when all ya do is pull on the throttle lever. They act like your from another planet. Tractors have sold like nothing else in the past few years, around here anyway, a ranch style house with a 1/4 acre lot and paved drive has a Kubota or JD in the garage with all the attachments. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login