Go Bottom Go Bottom

Trading Down my L3300 Grand for a BX23TLB

View my Photos
nhsteve
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-23          86645

Advice wanted. 2 years ago we moved from a 45 acre log home on 1 mile of class six road, which I maintained. I purchased in 1996 and used my L3300 for this. Snow blower, Rake, Blade, Curtis Cab and loader. Great tractor no problems. Now we live on a maintained road with only 12 acres, mostly woods with some small trails. We have a lot of landscaping planned. Went to my local Kubota dealer and they will trade even. Overnight I started to have second thought of parting with my L3300. It is now too big to use here and the BX23 has the backhoe I never purchased for my 3300.

Any comments or reaSSURANCES WILL BE WELCOME.

Steven

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-23          86646

Not an answer, but some comments. We have 15 acres of woods and I think for our needs a BX23 would be too small. It wouldn't have enough power to drive a large enough chipper for one thing, and I question it's ability to skid. On the other hand the smaller size would be more maneuverable in the woods and backhoe would sure come in handy for stumping. A lot of it depends on what sort of woods maintenance you need to do. For landscaping work it would probably be fine. ....

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-23          86658

Can't imagine getting rid of the 3300. I would be shopping for a hoe for it new or used, sounds like you have everything else you need. If you trade don't you have to buy attachments again? I had a Kubota 3000 dt 32hp with a salsco 4"x8" self feed chipper, farmi 351p winch and a woods 7500 hoe. That was a very nice set up for private use and I did do some work for pay. Any smaller I can't imagine. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-05-23          86672

When it comes to tractors never go smaller, always go bigger. Once you have had power and lost it, you will never forgive yourself for trading it. If you do decide to trade maybe a B2910, not a BX23. Then you still have some power that you had. I want trade in my B7500 right now, but means replaceing every attachment except my rock rake. So a new tractor would cost X plus new brush hog, rear blade, box scraper, MMM, loader, tiller, snow blower, snow plow. Plus I would want to add a back hoe. I got one neighbor with a L2900 on 2.2 acres with only 1.4 acres of grass. He used to have a house on 9 acres. So it could work. ....

View my Photos
jfields22

2004-05-24          86703

I just purchased a BX23 for grading less than 2 acres of rough land. The machine is great for my needs, but I can't see this size tractor working efficiently for anything more than 2 acres. If you have the storage space for the 3300, I would keep it. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-24          86713

As a option. Keep the 3300 and add a three point as well as a lawn tractor to your fleet. It is very hard to go down in size as much as you are looking at. Would the BX do it yes, but not with the force of the L-series and that is what you are used to. The fact of moving down that much and still having a good size property tells me to worry over customer satisfaction of the time to do jobs. ....

View my Photos
nhsteve

2004-05-24          86742

You guys are killing me. Each day that goes by makes me a little sicker thinking about getting rid of my baby.

The facts are that it is way too big for my current yard and needs. I can't afford to add a 7K backhoe.

I know how to make do with whatever power is available to me.

Consider this. ....

View my Photos
nhsteve

2004-05-24          86743

I already have a New Holland GT20 with a 48" mower which my wife uses.

I always said the next on will be bigger, but then I moved.

I am just hopefull the resale on the BX23 is as good as my L3300. It seems odd to me that they are willing to trade even and 1996 with 390 hours for a brand new BX23TLB????? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-25          86771

I don't see any reason for you not to make the trade for the price. The used Kubotas that have low hours on are a premium as they normally have been on commercial duty and are high houred tractors and in rough condition. The BX's are holding value good as we have had several come in and go out. They are the ideal first tractor because of the price for the functions that are available. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-06-02          87563

You should maybe look at the L35. ....

View my Photos
nhsteve

2004-06-03          87676

OK I did it. So far so good. The tractor is just the right size for my needs. I do notice the fit and finish is not up to my L3300. Don't know if it is the model or slacking off by Kubota.

Backhoe works well Bucket picks up a full load of gravel..

I'll update in a couple of weeks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login