Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
Bill Westervelt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-02          8445

Does anyone have any experience with the front blade for plowing snow. I know its big $$ but am considering it as the bucket only works so well and I would kill for the ability to angle - thanks. Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
dana

1999-10-02          8446

BillI live in Kansas, It usally don't get real deep here. I don't think you can beat a front blade for pushing snow! Your not going to get a pain in the neck as if you were looking behind you all the time like you would if you was useing a rear blade. Also weather I'am clearing off sided walks or parking lots, I can run as fast as I feel it's safe so I can get things done quicker. I run a part time landscape bussiness, garden plowing, tilling, dirt work, snow removeale,& ect. Just can't seem to get the farmer out of me!My thoughts on this subject.Dana ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
art

1999-10-02          8452

Bill you can buy the front blade package with power angle for 2527 retail they do work well. Your loader price is 2700 retail and yes the loaders are nice but limiting on a tractor with out power steering. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
Bill Westervelt

1999-10-03          8474

Thanks dana - I live in western massachusetts where we get about 100 inches a year and I have a steep 300 foot dirt driveway. I guess I know I need the plow but $2500 bucks? Does this blade have a breakaway bar at the bottom edge or is it solid the whole way (ie what does it do it you hit a rock). Thanks. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
ron

1999-10-03          8483

Bill I have a 7300 with hydraulic lift,angle blade this is the way to go. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
PaulB

1999-10-04          8508

Bill - I made the choice to go with a back blade rather than a front simply because of the staggering cost difference. I spent $300 on a 5 foot Woods blade, and couldn't be happier. It really moves the snow, and I just leave it set to one angle then go up and down the driveway once in each direction, which gives me enough room to get the cars out. It is a bit more difficult in the parking areas, but not difficult enough to justify the cost of the front blade. I have a B1700, so size is same as yours. Just my opinion,Paul ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
art

1999-10-04          8511

Bill, The factory blades are rigid and flex from a hinge using springs to return them. When the occasion arises you would like to grade dirt there is a lock to keep the blade from pivoting forward. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
dana

1999-10-04          8513

BillMy JD front blade has two springs on it for hitting hard obsitcales(no I can't spell either) so I don't spring or bend any thing. Maybe I got a deal, my JD 54" hyd lift & angle blade new cost $1100. and I thought it was a plenty for it!Like I said earlyer, my area don't get deep snows, The most I ever pushed is about 12" and it worked fine, but say a 24" deep it will probley push some over the top of the blade & then i'd loose alot of traction.good luckdana ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
Jim

1999-10-04          8516

Bill,Curtis makes snow blades with tilt to fit on the front end loader arms. Although I don't use this set-up I'm considering it. The advantage is you don't have to remove the entire loader for winter and can pile snow much higher with the loader arms than the limited hydraulic lift of the front blade. I also think that the cost of the Curtis blade is less then the front blade. You would have to check to see if it would fit such a small tractor but an option worth lookin into. I think Curtis web address is curtiscabs.com. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
art

1999-10-04          8519

Bill when working with the set-up you described it puts the blade way out front not really a problem but it is leverage against the front end of the tractor and reduces the amount of snow you can push at a angle. We're located in central N.Y. and this has caused complaints from my commmercial contractors. ....

Front Blade for 7300

View my Photos
Bill Westervelt

1999-10-05          8538

oh, I get it, like the Meyers plows used on trucks (ie the whole blade pivots). Thanks for the info, we will see how the finances work out, or when that first big snowfall hits I'll probably suck it up, but one, and be glad I did. I just passed 50 hours on my 7300 and continue to be impressed. Bill ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login