Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
jonathanengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-16          83302

A friend of mine brought up a good point to me the other day. I'm looking to buy a Kubota with a cab, and was told by the dealer these are the ONLY configurations you can buy with a cab:
3430 with HST transmission
4630 with GST transmission
5030 with HST transmission
Is this correct? Can someone confirm this? On the Kubota website it doesn't specify any particular models--it just talks about the grand cab. Also, I'd like more HP than the 3430, and since I'm definitely going with the HST I'd have to jump to the 5030 to get the cab and HST--almost doubling the HP! This just makes no sense. My ideal tractor would be the 3830 or 4330 with HST and a cab--can I not get it in this configuration? Or was the dealer fedding me a line since he had one of each of the above models on their premises?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-16          83303

Jonathan, I don't know about your neck of the woods, but you can definitely get a L4330 with cab and hydro. here in Canada.

I can't believe we have something you don't since corporately Kubota Canada is a division of Kubota USA, there is even a link to the canadain site on the US website. At the bottom of the Grand Cab page, for example, you will see a link to Kubota Canada. Go to the page for an L4330 and click on 'features'.

My personal machine, which is an L4310, is basically the same machine, just two years older.

I suspect you were getting the gears.

Best of luck. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83304

I certainly understand the urge for more power, but for the property you list on your profile (12 acres of standard residential use) I can't understand why you'd need more power than the 3430 has. You would be amazed at what you can do with that much power. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-04-16          83306

Very true about the 12 acres. However, I've heard (and read) that 35 PTO HP is a "golden" range of power--supposedly it makes most any implement usable. I guess that's not really the case? Also, I'm currently trying to find 75-100 acres to purchase that I plan to "clean up" with my tractor before building a home on the site (don't woryy--I'm only cleaning. The grading for the home, etc., I'll leave to the pros).

I did see the 4330 with a cab which begs the question--how much more is a 4330 than a 3430? ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83308

I always consider the "golden" range to be 25 pto hp, which I think the 3430 has. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-04-16          83310

Do you think the 3430 will be adequate for 75-100 acres? I plan to maintain about 15 acres of pasture as well as other miscellaneous work... landscaping, mowing, FEL work, etc., etc. If the 3430 will do it, I definitely don't mind *not* spending the extra $$ for more HP. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83318

I would think the 3430 would work fine, but it may take longer to do some things than the 4330. These machines are more traction limited than power limited. The 4330 can pull a bigger rotary cutter (less mowing time) and has a stronger loader (less loads to move), but it's a tradeoff seat time vs. money spent.

For example, cutting your 15 acre pasture may take 7-8 hours with the 3430 and a 5 foot medium duty cutter and maybe 5 hours with the 4330 with an 8 foot cutter. You have to factor in how often you're going to cut it. Most people rough cut about 3-4 times/year, so that's an extra 9-12 hours a year of seat time for saving of thousands of $$. Plus, most guys thing seat time is FUN. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-04-16          83319

You definitely said a mouthful there. Seat time is FUN! I'm not using this piece of equipment to make a living, thus I'm not worried about how "fast" I can do something. I'm just afraid I'll buy the 3430 and realize 4 months later that there is an attachment "x" that would do EXACTLY something I need to do but it requires more HP. I know I won't be using big farm equipment, but do want the flexibility of using a wide array of attachments (chippers, concrete mixers, generators, brush mowers, finishing mowers, tillers, box blades, etc.). Also, I was told that my tractor won't have enough HP for a 72" tiller, which I'll need to cover the tracks adequately with R4 tires. *This* is the kind of thing I don't want to discover after the fact. (But from other posts on here I'd think the 3430 could run a 72" tiller just fine). ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
charlieK
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-24          84127

jonathanengr
concerning mmm, the 72" kubota mowers are around 2800 and the mid pto kits are around 350. if you are still interested in a mid pto kit, I have an extra new one that came with my RC72-38. my l3130 already had a mid pto on it; so I don't need it. I'll let it go for 200. 502 955 1057. thanks for your time. CharlieK ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-04-26          84441

there are several cab companys,,curtis cab,,sims,and ?? also Genuine cab,,so do your homework ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-04-27          84451

Jonathan; I think most of us here have bought that first "Perfect Tractor", then traded it off a year or two later for one a little bigger or with more user friendly features, etc.. So if your first one turns out to be a little less than you expected or a need arises later you did'nt forsee now trade up, they hold their reasle about fifty times better than a new car long as it's a popular model. My crystal ball tells me that in the next few years we'll se dramatic improvments in cabs being offered for CUT's, and we'll all probably want one. Remember the old saying, "The bigger the Boys, or Girls the more the toys cost". Have a ball, Frank. ....

Cab options with Kubota

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-27          84470

I have machines with both factory and aftermarket cabs (see pic. # 6) and have tried several different makes of aftermarket cabs as well.

Where factory cabs are available I prefer to go with them, there is less fiddling around and they fit better. The other big advantage with factory cabs nowadays is they often come complete with a well filtered air system including A/C.

IMHO the extra few dollars for the factory cab is well worth it. In certain cases unfortunately a cab just isn't offered on a particular model.

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login