Go Bottom Go Bottom

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
alfandre
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-15          83239

Does anyone have an educated opinion about the differences between kubota and new holland mid 30 horse tractors?
I am of the mind to buy the Kubota Grand L 30 34 horse with cab.
Then an excavator friend suggested New Holland.
Your thoughts please.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-04-15          83240

in my opion just look at the rear axle housings on the two. kubota is much heaver and less axle sticking out past bearing to bend. just my two cents. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-15          83241

My opinion is the dealer is as important as the equipment, maybe more. If one dealer is better than the other then I'd shop there. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-15          83243

Just my personal preference from my personal experience and from that of others. In this order: Deere, Kubota, Kioti, and New Holland. Not bad mouthing any but just my preference. I might even consider a Challenger once I learn more about them. They all break at one time or another but some more than others. Search the olders posts and get a feel for it. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-15          83245

Your friend may have experience with the larger New Hollands. From my discussions with excavators and tractor mechanics I think the NH555 and newer NH655 which are based on the older Ford are hard to beat. I am not sure the smaller CUT carry the excavator as well. I would look throught the posts there have been some reports of mechanical failures.
From all discussions the Kubota L21-L35-L48 are hard to beat in the compact hoes. I am not sure how the grand L matches up as I have not seen a grand L with hoe. I suspect that they have retained some of the features of the TLB series. You need Murf and Art Whites opinions as they have exerience with both models. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
billy r

2004-04-16          83320

I just had a mojor failure on a TC33D New Holland.No help from NH because it was out of warranty. Go Kubota. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
alfandre

2004-04-16          83321

thank you ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83322

I dunno. This is a case where the dealer makes the difference.

In billy_r's case the dealer should go to bat for him and deal with NH. If NH won't deal with it then at least there should be a clear explanation of why (if they claim it's abuse they should back it up). If NH won't do anything then a good dealer would either eat the expense your meet you part way.

I've read a few instances of Kubota denying in-warranty claims for seemingly BS reasons as well. In these cases the dealer can make a huge difference. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
Art White

2004-04-16          83368

I have both available only the NH is in red. My preference for most all is with the Kubota. The NH has some different creature comforts that some perfer but the Kubota is the benchmark for all for reliability. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
alfandre

2004-04-17          83405

thank you ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-17          83436

every one has to remember that a warrenty is a warrenty wether it is a car or a tractor when its over that is it that is also why there are extended warrenties avalible. As the guy that works on both new holland and kubota there are draw back to each. heres one example of kubota look where the stearing linkage is in front of the axle one for nh is they do not offer a cab on any compacts, YET though it is coming. one plus for kubota is that they make every drive line componet them selves. one for nh is they are the lowest in price for most other compareable tractors of the big three. it is al in prefference. ....

kUBOTA VS NEW HOLLAND

View my Photos
Art White

2004-04-19          83575

The front tie rod has not been that much of a problem as it is above the front axle. Some were behinf the front axle but yet underneath it and also actually causing more repairs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login