Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deere vs Kubota vs New Holland

View my Photos
jonathanengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81074

I hope I don't get slammed for this question, but I'd really like some honest, straight-forward advice. I'm finally in the market for a new tractor--I'd like roughly 35 PTO HP, FEL, and field and finishing mowers. I've spoken to a few dealers, and they all lay claim to why their tractor is better than the other two. Who really has the best tractors in this HP range? I'm waiting a tractor to simply maintain and landscape my land, as well as other general uses. Thanks so much! (I'm posting this to all three tractor forums--I apologize if it's bad etiquette. Still learning!)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81081

Oh, no! The color wars. Green guys like green, orange guys like orange, blue guys like blue. The truth of the matter is they're all good machines so you should buy the one you feel most comfortable with from the dealer you like most who gives you the best deal. ....

View my Photos
Abbeywoods
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-25          81084

KW's advice is solid, and you'll find many posts regarding this subject if you do a search here. This subject reminds me of an old Irish joke, when Paddy was about to be hanged, he complained about the rope being new, the hangman's reply was, don't worry, new or old it will get the job done. Most CUT manufacturers today offer great machines, very capable of doing a wide variety of tasks very well. Find the one that suits you, for your reasons, and make your best deal. I've owned Cub Cadet, I own Deere and Kubota, they are different but they all do the job remarkably well within their designed limits. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-03-25          81095

I echo what the others said. My decision was based on my comfort and dealer. All 3 colors will do the job and each has its own unique qualities that set it apart from the others. One example is that on the blue machines their seat adjust is on an angle (as it goes back it raises also) which is good if you are tall.
My advice is to stop in at all the dealers and try them out. This way you can get a feel for the dealer as well as the machine. ....

View my Photos
cerberus

2004-03-25          81096

I have to echo whats been said .The only way to find the best machine for you is to try them all . Try to find a machine that fits YOU . Also try to find a dealer you're comfortable with as well . to steal a quote from someone else .. "You buy atractor once ..... You live with it forever . " Shopping a dealer is as important as shopping for tractors . John ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-03-25          81124

Jonathin; Before I bought my first CUT I looked at a blue one an orange one and a green one. Ended up going with green mainly because of the dealer. I'd done business there for years dealing with farm equipment and have never had but the best relations with them. I'm sure that with proper care any of the three will do most everything you'll need done. Any brand can break down, that's where good dealers shine above the crowd. Pick a dealer that's been around thru thick and thin and still is in business, ask a few of his costomers how they've been treated. He may not be the cheapest, but when push comes to shove with a service problem if he has a reputation of taking care of his costomers. I think that's 90% of your brand choice. hope this helps, Frank. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-25          81132

also lookat ease of implement removal jd can be quite difficut to remove the fel or other "framed" implements nh is a snap and as well as kubota very easy ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-25          81133

in the last too weeks we haave gotten a few trades of green in for blue or orange just because of the ease of removal ....

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-25          81145

oneace

All I can say about ease of FEL removal is... If it's easier and faster that my JD, it would have to fall off and put itself back on. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-25          81147

with nh you drop oyur stand and pull 2 pins but i was refering to other implemets like front mounted blower ect. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-25          81148

I agree Billy, it only takes a couple of minutes to remove or reinstall the FEL on recent JD's. oneace didn't say what model he was talking about though. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-25          81149

I don't know about the snowblower, but I swap between an FEL bucket and grapple on my JD 430 loader all the time by pulling two pins, then it drops right off. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-25          81159

true enough jd probley has them too bet we"nh" has a ssl style mounting plate "optional of corse" there you have no parts to drop and lose ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login