Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
snogless
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-23          80851

I'm about to buy a B7800 and will probably get a 3ph finish mower too. Is there any major difference in quality between the Woods and the Bush Hog? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-23          80852

I would also look at Land Pride. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-23          80853

Is that the brand that Tractor Supply handles? If not, is the brand at Tractor Supply any good? Thanks. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-23          80854

I think Tractor Supply has King Kutter, don't have any experience with them but they look like the economy model. Land Pride makes some of the best compact tractor tools out there (in my opinion), they are a division of Great Plains. Great Plains got their start building drills in the ag industry and earned a very good reputation from that. Land Pride offers many different style finish mowers and if I didn't go with a MMM I would have probably bought a Land Pride rear discharge. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-23          80865

i would stay away form tractor supply either way you go between woods or bush hog really depends on what colur you like they are very comparible ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
daveinnh

2004-03-23          80868

Recently placed a deposit on a used Kubota and am going thru an "implement wish list" w/ the dealer. He says Bush Hog & M-F offer a better value than Woods. He steers away from Land Pride due to return problems. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-23          80871

I don't own any Land Pride implements, but I've never heard anything but good about them. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-23          80872

I have a Bush Hog box scraper and rear blade.
Both very well built, heavy duty.

-ao ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-23          80873

I have owned Landpride and Bulher (FarmKing) in finish mowers. I have a BushHog brush cutter. There are a number of years difference in the age of the Bulher and Landpride, but I looked at the new Landpride but went with the Bulher. My BH dealer does not carry the finish mowers? ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-23          80882

You won't go wrong with Land Pride. All of my implements are Land Pride except for my spreader which is made by Cosmo and they make spreaders for Land Pride. I have had VERY good experiences and performance with my 1584 landscaping rake, 1554 pto tiller, and spreader. I have yet to use the PD 25 PHD though. The RCR2660 or next size down would be a great choice. You just have to weigh the price you pay vs. the quality of the implement. If you plan to use the rotary cutter extremely hard; get the King Kutter and tear that one up and then get the Land Pride cutter. The King Kutter is around less than half as much as the Land Pride. The John Deere MX series rotary cutters are REAL nice too but just a bit pricier than the Land Pride. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-23          80885

I've got a Land Pride RFM. It'll be 5 years old next month. I can't imagine a better built mower. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-03-23          80886

I have two Landpride brush cutter a 48" and a 42". Very happy with the 48". I haven't used the 42" i came with some other equipment. If anybody need one for their bx series please see the classifieds. I also have a massey ferguson box scraper which is made by landpride. (I am going to sand blast it and repaint it in landpride tan. Plus add the right decals) Any new equipment i am buying is woods or landpride. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-23          80891

Chief I do not buy for the name. I agree Landpride are well built but I do not believe it will last any longer than other quality mowers. The mower I had was an ex ACE mower from a lake near Mamoth Caves. It certainly was still useful but was beat up pretty good. When I went to look for a new mower I was looking for engineering that corrected problems on the Landpride. The new landprides were nearly the same as the one I had and nearly double the price I paid for the the Bulher.
I think the Landprides will stand the test of time. I am not sure that they are good value.
Not even my JD dealer recommended the MX cutters. Neither did my JD dealer in KY. They did not consider them a good value.
Murf can probably recommend what he uses commercially. What new equipment is like really does not answer any questions. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-23          80895

I suppose it depends on how you determine good value, but the MX cutters are very high quality units. I'm sure JD makes a good profit on them but I couldn't be happier with mine. It hacks down 1-2" saplings like they don't exist and leaves very little visible debris behind. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-23          80898

Ken;
I guess I look for what the commercial people buy as it is likely to be good value. Neither you or I cut enough to provide answers as to how a mower will perform on average long term. I have never seen a commerical road mower crew use a JD mower. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-23          80899

Eric, you're probably right. I often pay extra for the best quality I can find without regard to value. I've got a toolbox full of snap-on tools for example. I'm sure they're not a good value but they sure are a pleasure to use. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-03-24          80928

peter the reason you don't see JD cutter is that it fails to be the lowest bidder. Just remember that anything government owned is the lowest bidder so its probly not the best you can get. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
cunninm

2004-04-25          84201

i know you're looking for a 3pt mower - i have a 2910 with the kubota 6' belly mower - does a great job & not too difficult to take on & off - i do it all the time.
mc ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-25          84225

Most of the mowing in this area and in KY is done on contract. The contractor buy what holds together and are not really fussy with the price. They are concerned about value. Neither you nor I will buy the heavy duty units, yet as they are mowing 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week that is all that they purchase.
My medium duty mower BushHog lists 3.5 K new. The heavy duty is more? If JD stood up they would use it. I want my mower to last a life time. The road crews change ever couple of years.
Ken I am afrain my boxes are a mix of this and that. All have a lifetime waranty, but as I do not make a living from my tools I try and minimize the amount I have invested. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-04-26          84440

be sure to look at "First Choice" brand,,BUT Woods and Bush Hog are great,,a bit pricy ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
BountyHunter

2004-04-27          84471

I have had a Woods 3pt RM500 60" mower for about 16 years and it has performed flawless. It is a gear drive model and uses 1 belt to drive the 3 blades. Still the original belt. I replaced my old Ford 2000 with a NH TC40d but kept the mower, and would buy another one in a heartbeat. ....

Woods vs Bush Hog

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-04-27          84477

I know you said that you are looking for a finish mower, but I own the 7800 and have the 60"mmm and I would say it can be removed just as fast as the finish mower. Two pins in the rear and a lever in the front and PTO shaft. If you go to the 72" model, I believe they are drive over decks. Just thought I would give you a different prospective. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login