Go Bottom Go Bottom

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-07          79175

I'm looking for something between 24 and 30 hp with a loader, hoe and eventually, a 3-pt aftermarket finish mower. I have 7 acres (some woods) in Central NY. I have some landscaping to finish and some driveway to repair and widen. I can't decide if I want the b2410, 2710, the 7800 or whatever. I don't need anything too fancy but I don't want to skimp and find out later that I could have used the extra "bells and whistles". Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-07          79177

What else might you like to do over mowing and how much of that seven acres are mowable? How long is your driveway, will that need maintence? You might be able to get it all and just buy the BX22-23 chassis. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-07          79180

I mow about 2-3 acres and my driveway is about 250 feet uphill. (I will use the tractor for snow removal.) I plan to do some work in the woods so ground clearance might be an issue with the smaller tractors. I could probably get by with a bx but I want to play it safe and go up in size a little. I'm also trying to come in under 20k, if possible. I'll probably be up to see you, Art. Just want to know what I'm talking about before I get there! ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Woodbutcher

2004-03-07          79185

I just spent the first weekend geeting accustomed to my new Kubota. Like you, I started looking at the 2410 and then moved on up to consider the 2910 and the 7800. What I ended up with was the L 3130. Like the 7800 and the 2910, it has about 30 hp, but it has about 2000 pounds more tractor than the others. I haven't done the math yet, but the tractor with loader and 72" Woods mower was $21,200 including tax. The mower was just about $2,000 making the tractor and FEL about $19,200. I traded in a B8200HST which was almost the same size as the 2910 and the 7800. I know they can both run a 6' mower, but I also know from experience that they will lift the front of the tractor up if you're going up hill with a heavy implement on the back. I couldn't be happier with the L 3130. I quickly learned that the ROPS sticks up higher than the header on my barn door, but it didn't even slow the tractor down. I was concerned that I may have bought a bigger tractor than I needed, but that was before putting 6.5 hours on it this weekend. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-08          79207

Snogless
You have it made,you can drive up and talk to Art!
Take a bunch of pics and make a list of what you
want to do and take Art out to a long lunch and you
will be done!
Don't forget the checkbook! Everytime Art recomends
that BX I wonder If I should have bought one? With
a hoe. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-08          79219

With the BX you get the works ready to go for the money you want to spend. For the larger B-s you will still be wishing for more. The BX takes a 60" deck just like the rest of the B's till you get to a 7800. So what is the advantage, some ground clearance which with a little caution can be overcome. Now the price of a hoe on a B-series will hold you back cost wise, the BX will allow you to work in the woods enough to offset the cost of the larger tractor with no loss of equipment options. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
beagle

2004-03-09          79393

Everyone has their needs, but I had a BX sized tractor and got rid of it after 75hrs. Found the 3-point too limited because of the short arms and lack of traction. Great tractor for mowing and light loader work, nothing it couldn't do with the loader. But 3-point implements were limited in use. Tractor didn't have the lift height or the traction to do the kind of grading work I needed. Depends on what you need, they always feel smaller after you use them for awhile. I was about to buy a 2410, the wife talked me up to the 7800. Great tractor and better wife. Good luck. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-10          79509

Beagle you are lucky to have such a understanding wife! With most dealers running out of BX's last year I imagine the trade up was relatively easy. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-10          79511

BX's come in just under the twenty without the blower. If the hoe isn't needed you will be pushing that 20 number on a larger B series it just depends on which B-series you want to stop at. The cab might be a nice option with the amount of driveway you have. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-11          79522

Don't get me wrong, I think the BX is a good little machine. A friend brought one up and did some backhoe work for me. Amazing. However, I believe that in the long run, I would be disappointed with its limitations. I also believe that the jobs I will be doing will take less time and be less stress on the machine if I get something a little bigger than the BX. I'm looking at the specs of the B7800 right now. With a hoe and loader I should be somewhere in the 20k range.(?) 30 HP might be a little more than I need but I'd rather have more than too little. I'll be going to see some dealers probably this weekend. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-11          79528

I think that the larger frame on the B-7800 would be an advantage with the 72" deck for mowing and with the three range transmission it does increase the working range when doing excavation work. These tractors are made to work and you will gain time over the smaller units without a doubt. The package you are descibing should be in the lower twenties. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-03-12          79646

I have been very impressed with my 7800. I like everyone else started looking smaller 7500 and then the dealer reccomended the 7800. I like the size of the machine (big enough to do larger jobs and small enough to maneuver around). I do think you may be hard pressed to get the tractor, loader, mower and backhoe for under $20,000. Maybe Art will cut you a good deal!!!!!! If so I'll be up to see Art this weekend for the backhoe!!!!
Most important thing in your deal is to get Chief a hat!!!
Good luck ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-12          79669

Got my first prices tonight (all HST w/loader, hoe, tax not included)...B2410=$21,300.B7610=$20,300.B7800=$22,400. These are a little higher than I wanted but I don't want to "cheap out" and be disappointed later with less of a machine than I need. I don't know if Art can beat these or not. Also, this dealer is 20 minutes from my house. Opinions? ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Bill

2004-03-12          79702

I have a L3000DT, does not have all the bells and whistles, but it handles following just fine: 5 ft snowblower, 5 ft brushhog, 6 ft digger, disc.
I am very happy with It and a great value. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-13          79734

Hope to see you this Saturday Morning as it is snowing and I might need a little company! A little more temperature outside at least would be nice! ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-13          79760

Sorry Art, couldn't make it. I had some errands to do and this weekend is "Sesame Street Live" weekend. Whoopee! Gotta keep the wife happy though if I want a tractor. Maybe next weekend. You're in the Canastota store, aren't you? ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-13          79769

I'm normally at the Waterville store but I'd be more then glad to meet you there. I know how the family needs time too. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-13          79774

Great! Waterville is better. (I'm coming from Norwich.) What did you think of the prices I was quoted? Now I think I'm down to the B2410 versus the B7800. I just need help deciding if I want to trade power for luxuries. Anyone with an opinion, your assistance will be greatly appreciated. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-13          79777

I'm not worried about pricing, just frop me an e-mail. Do you know Bud Papke? He bought an outfit much the same as what you are looking for. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
climber

2004-03-15          79957

I have the 2710 and love it. It is not too big for all the mowing I do under and around trees on our 35 acre ranch. I have a 200 foot driveway and this tractor with a rear blade handles 10 inches of snow pretty well. Bigger is not always better. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
snogless

2004-03-15          79970

Yeah, Climber, I'm actually leaning now toward the 2710. I figure if Art's prices are as good as everybody says, I won't have to give up features to get power. I can have both in the 2710. I'm glad you told me about the ease of mowing. That was a large concern of mine. Any other information you have will also be appreciated. ....

which Kubota to buy

View my Photos
beagle

2004-03-15          79975

I have the 7800, same frame size as the 2710. I would definitley agree with climber. This tractor is easy to use and doesn't feel too big to be nimble enough for mowing. Very, very comfortable to work with. Good luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login