Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
mattdavid
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-06          79065

I'VE ALREADY DECIDED TO BUY AT LEAST A BX2230, BUT I'D REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THE BX23, BUT IF AFTERMARKET HOE WOULD WORK WELL ON THE BX2230; I'LL BUY THE BX2230 AND GET THE HOE LATER$. DOES ANYONE OWN A AFTERMARKET HOE FOR BX2230?
MATT

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-06          79073

Matt, the four point hook up on the BX23 can't be produced for the price of the package. The initial price may be a little hard to swallow right now but it is the best way to go. ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-07          79131

The BX23 has a heavier frame on it to handle the hoe. It worth spending the money now. Plus kubota voids the warrenty if you put an after market hoe or loader on their tractor. ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
PaulPrince

2004-03-07          79191

Hello Matt, You can't take my advice as an experienced operator, but I just bought my BX23 after much introspective debate regarding "do I need the backhoe?". Today I found out I do. In only a few hours I dug around two tree stumps (we're in the bark beetle infestation area) which quickly allowed a below-grade cut with a chain saw. I would have procrastinated for at least 4 months (or 4 years!) without the backhoe!! ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-08          79221

Kubota as such does not void your warrantee if you install an after market hoe or loader. Now if it breaks the tractor then they will not pay for that and the damage from it. This is no different then a year ago we were told by CASE-IH not to fix the front end on a larger farm tractor that had a loader on it that was way larger then the manufacturer recommended. It was the third time the front was broken and the loader was far larger then we would have recommended but it was what the purchaser wanted. A good loader manufacturer said it was built for that tractor as well as many more larger tractors stressing the loaders durability. It turned out bad for all involved and I really would not want to go there again knowing the way it went. What happens when it does make it thru the first owner and to the second and he has trouble? Who takes the blame but the tractor manufacturer, not the loader that may be to big or not designed right for the tractor. ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-08          79235

As with any products, the Magnuson-Moss act comes into play. Also, very good info from Art White.

The Magnuson-Moss act protects the buyer from certain circumstances. If you have a new GM truck (for example) and change the oil yourself you don't have to use GM oil but you do have to use oil that meets (or exceeds) the specs set by GM for that truck.

I think it would be great to have an 8 foot box blade, sure could do twice the work of a 4-footer. But it's 120# over the rated capacity of my 3PH, something breaks, I'm liable for that because I'm too stupid. Warranty covers nothing.

I would think that any self-respecting backhoe manufacturer would know what the specs are for the particular machine they are designing the backhoe for.
Any decent dealer will not sell you an attachment that will not work on your tractor.

Money is money, but in this litigation-driven society of ours, KNOW YOUR SPECS! Do the research! You can't put 20# of beans in a 5# box.

The BX23 is a great little combo. Designed as a a TLB, will run efficently as one as well. If not for the ground clearance I would have one.

good luck, have fun

-ao

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
jfields22

2004-03-10          79495

I would buy the bx23 in a second however the added price over the 2230 (especially in new hampshire) is too much. I may never be able to afford the backhoe but I don't want to limit my options. Does anyone have any other CUT that is designed for a BH that can be added later? ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-10          79501

You could buy a larger B-series and add a hoe later for about 6000 dollars round numbers. Thats a coupe of thousand more then the BX. It would be able to dig deeper and have some additional strength but often times it becomes cheaper at this point to just hire someone for the jobs and just sit and wait for them to come to do it, and then worst of all, sit and watch them have the fun! I've seen 18" apple tree stumps dug out in minutes with a BX with little yard damage done. They have newer low rates out you should check into as maybe a four or five year program might work for you. ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
jfields22

2004-03-10          79508

I first took a spin on the b7510 and was convinced that it was the right one. I was ready to purchase until I saw the bx23. I have 1 acre and need to do some grading of lot and gravel drive (hard clay subsoil), but then will use the tractor for cutting grass and misc. chores. I have steep sideslopes that's why I liked the BX23. I may wait until spring (after frost) and rent the 7510 for the weekend (the dealer has a rental unit and will deduct the cost if I purchase the tractor from him). ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
Art White

2004-03-11          79533

When you look at the tractor with a backhoe look to see how close it is to the back of the tractor. The closer the pivot to the rear of the tractor the stronger the unit is. That is why the Kubota's are as good as they are, they don't require subframes that run under the tractor and reducing the ground cleareance or hindering the loading on and off trailers. This is why that anything much less then the Kubota units would be much less of a hoe. Clay digs hard at best and size and power are needed. ....

BX2230 OR BX23

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-11          79562

I was fascinated by the BX23 as well. If it wasn't for the ground clearance I would have had one. It's more a residential machine, meaning, for smoother contours and relatively flat working spaces. Sure you can get it into many places and get it out because of the b-hoe. I am enjoying the 12" clearance underneath as my 5 acres are a bit rustic.
Art's point on the backhoe hire-out is right on the mark. We have opted to not ad the "auto $6K" for backhoe and hire someone to do the little I will need. The great thing is that I can always get a backhoe for my rig later if I want. The B series ractors are mighty nice. Ours is perfect for us.

-ao ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login