Go Bottom Go Bottom

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kjmorgan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-22          77610

I have lurked here for a while now and have changed my mind several time on which unit I will buy. Kioti CK 20 I thought was going to be it until I heard in hilly areas there MIGHT be a power issue with the 20 hp hst. The ck25 is still a way off. I the thought the 7510 or 7610 Kubota would be my best choice but it was soon pointed out to keep costs down the rear-end was aluminum not cast iron and if you compare Kubota to Mahindra 2015 the weight is much lighter. Prices on the of Kubota and Mahindra are real close.
This model is made by Mitsubishi in Japan and never went to India. I was told this model was a Cub Cadet and a nearby dealer said he has both in stock side by side. The Cub is $2000 more and has a 2 not 3 year warranty.
Is the cast iron important?
Dose Mitsubishi have good products?

The one difference between Kubota and Mihindra is the center pto IS 2000 RPM where kubota I think shows 2500 on Kubota.
Can the gearbox on the mid mount mower make up this difference to make the tip speed equal?
Is this even important?????
Time to write the check is near. Still NOT sure who to write it to. Any imput is welcome.

Oh yea, the mid mount mower is American design and made on the Mihindra.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-22          77613

Speaking to the cast iron v. aluminum axle issue, I don't think it matters. A small old-school voice in me says cast iron is better, but the engineers know what they're doing with aluminum these days. You don't hear of failures on either type very often, and failures are nearly always caused by abuse. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-22          77618

There have been many changes in the past twenty years as far as tractor design improvements and some of them are still being down played. Many parts from twenty to thirty year old tractors are being discontinued. Some may again be built if it turns out to be a popular model as well as a wearing part or maybe like fenders ones that rust out. The older tractors used the cast iron housings to run hydraulic lube lines as well as to be strong enough to be needed for the total chassis strength! Today the manufacturers are working towards modular chssis. What they are using is steel frame rails from front to rear of the tractor for strength and then using seperate or non structural power and power transmitters. One piece of newer style design that is very visable is the new hitch design on the B-series with the quarter-inching valve. Instead of the larger casting with internal cylinder built into a housing they are using seperate cylinders that are external amd far easier and more economical to repair! Most all major makes have different signs of the full frame design. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-02-22          77621

Art

What can you say about the RPM of the mid-mount-mower. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-22          77622

You can gear to do most anything. On finish mowers depending on manufacturer they talk blade tip speed. The higher the better as a lower blade tip speed means mowing with a slower ground speed for the most part. There also is the consideration of blade lift. This will stand the grass up better under less then ideal conditions. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Charlie_in_TX

2004-02-23          77691

I just went thru a similar search. Locally (Houston) the Mahindra 2015 was $1500 less than the B7510. The Mahindra was heavier and had higher capasities. I also, and most importantly, liked the Mahindra dealer. I ended up getting a 2615 Saturday (2/21). Hadn't put enough time to give it a fair evaluation. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Charlie_in_TX

2004-02-23          77692

Oh yea, the Mahindra xx15 are made by Mitsubiti. They were Cub Cadets. The 2015 was a 7205, 2615 - 7265, and 3015 - 7305. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-02-23          77707

You made a good decision. That is basically a 7265 Cub Cadet tractor with a few hood and grille changes. I like red. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-23          77709

OK now you have me confused. I thought the smaller Cubs were Mitsubiti and the larger ones Kiotis. The Mahindra were either made in India or were the TYM from Korea.
Are the Cubs TYM? ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-23          77713

Seems it would be a lot simpler to get the orange one.

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-02-24          77821

CHARLIE in Texas

How is the 2615 working out? Did you get the loader with it? How much effort is there to remove and reinstall it?

Ken ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Charlie_in_TX

2004-02-25          77881

2615, FEL, 72"MMM $14700. The FEL is a piece of cake. Put on the 'kick stand', lower the bucket, remove 2 pins, use hyd. to support weight on stand/bucket, disconnect hyd., back away. I only have a couple of hours so can't give honest eval. I did move a 4 yr old dirt hill with little effort and a big smile. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-02-25          77906

kjmorgan - Ref the aluminum rear-end I can attest the B7510 is aluminum. Just did the magnet test on it. I am not concerned with the aluminum. The axles and such that work thru it are steel of course running in normal type bearings. I truly feel that Kubota (or any other reputable company) would not compromise their amazing track record for reliability, usability, and resale by trying to "get away with something" such as using aluminum where most of us may think steel is the only answer.

In comparison to this I have been researching table saws for my new shop. The Rigid brand at Home Depot had been a lifetime warranty type product until recent, January 31st as a matter of fact. All Rigid products (Home Depot style) after that date have been reduced to the typical 90-day type affair. After further review it seems their manufacturing processes have been changed to reduce costs. Also read that the work has been sent "offshore" or something of that nature. These changes are directly related to the dates in which the warranty also changed. I think you can put this together. By not claiming the big warranty they have left the door open for mediocre quality. How shocking. That's just business. I see the sametype of thoguth pattern is the business I've been in for 26 years.

Once again to compare, GM has a new diesel as of 2001, the Duramax. Has aluminum heads. GM single-handedly ruined the diesel auto industry in the USA years ago when they produced a very dog-poop diesel engine. Pretty much a gas engine with higher compression and it failed miserably. The US buyers began to say NO to all diesels for personal vehicle use. At the time Mercedes Benz was a giant in the diesel car market in the states. This GM diesel fiasco sent MB car sales into the ground. I know this because I've always been a fan of MB (have a 1991 420SEL, armored sofa) and have always owned GM trucks (many). My current truck is a 2001 Duramax. It's a great truck. My point is that I (as usual) did some exhaustive research on this new engine and also figured that since they were being smoked by the other 2 diesel pickup companies, they weren't going to make this mistake again. They wanted back into this market big time. They made a huge impact with the Duramax. If you weave thru all the talk, you will find that there have been no major engine failures due to this aluminum situation. I can send you links that will show thousands of satisfied Duramax customers, me included. Volvo is stepping up to the plate with some diesel cars, aluminum engines. You'll be seeing a lot of this in the very near future. Aluminum is not going to be a problem on your tractor.

And now some tractor talk. You mentioned the operating weight of the 2015, valid point. When comparing the 2015 to the 7510, I'll use k for 7510 and m for 2015. The weight of k=1367, m=1973. Seems odd that the m tractor is 606# heavier. I'm wondering if the m is including the ml104 fel? The k fel is (la272=460#, la302=475#) see where I'm going with this? By the way if you buy a 7510 get the la302 fel only, not the la272. The mid pto on the k=2500/2578 rpm, the m=2000/2470. The hydro pump on k=7.0gpm (4.4 / 3-ph, 2.6 -power steering). The m=5.8 gpm 2.3 - 3-ph, 3.5 - ps). Numbers on the m spec sheet state 3.4 - ps, I assume the diff is subtracted from 5.8 total.
The breakout at pivot pins for k=1575# (la302) but 1885# for la352. la 352 is fel for B7610. Breakout at ml104 fel is 1828. Lift capacity is 770 for k (302 fel) and 925 for 352 fel. The lift cap at ml104 is 1828. Bucket size at 302 is 48", 352 is 50", ml104 is 48".

Looks like if you were comparing the 2 machines for fel work primarily, the 2015 would be a closer comparable to the 7610 w/la352. We went with the 7510 w/la302 becausee 48" is as wide as I wanted to go. We have some access issues here and bigger/wider doesn't work here at the Flying Pig Ranch.

Also there is not an m dealer anywhere within 200 miles. What about resale? Say the k costs 15,000 and the m costs 14,500. 5 years from now with both machines having 500 hours on them and being kept in good shape, the k may bring 12,500+. Will the relation of cost be the same. Will the m bring 12000?

This info is merely my opinion. The specs are specs. The m sure seems like a nice tractor, I like the red! I would think that if you were competing with k or jd in the compact market you better have all your stuff in one bag. Of course you continue to hear, "it's just like a Kubota".

Sorry for the long-winded post.
The orange, green, blue, and red tractors are all fine machines of course.
Do the research. What do 'you' want. All the rest is “feel”.
Good luck and have fun.

-ao

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-02-25          77937

Charlie in Tx

WOW thats a great price 15,900 is the best I can find around Pgh Pa. thats FEL 60" MMM AND 2615 ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-02-25          77938

Peters,
I may be wrong but this is how I understand the Mahindra tractor lineup.

00- series -made in India
10- series -TYM from Korea
15- series - Mitsubishi from Japan ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-02-26          77956

agentorange,
"GM single-handedly ruined the diesel auto industry in the USA years ago when they produced a very dog-poop diesel engine."

You mean you can't just take a small block 350 and increase the compression ratio from 8:1 to 25:1? :-)

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Charlie_in_TX

2004-02-26          77970

kjm, That is the cheapest price I found from a local dealer. I would have to save thousands of $ to not buy locally. Having said that, I have been chatting with someone in Southern Ill. He bought a 2615 FEL no MMM for $13,600. Ill is much closer to you than Houston. Email me if you want to try to email him. My email is in my profile. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-02-26          77975

shortmagnum - Yep. Can't do it.
But at least it was loud, unreliable, and had no power.
So it had that goin' for it.

-ao

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          77976

Cmon, guys, you're being too hard on GM. Their 350 diesel fulfilled all design requirements, which consisted of getting somebody to buy it and drive it off the lot. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-02-26          77984

Hi Peters, you are, to the best of my knowledge, correct for the most part. The MTD/CC 7000 series tractors (719x, 720X, 723X, 726X, 727X, 730X, and 7360) with various mixed drives of hydro's, non-hydro's, 2 wheel and MFWD models, are made by Mitsubishi, the new 8000 series units are Kioti DK40 and DK45. I've been embroiled in a running argument about the 7360, which I was certain was also a Mitsubishi, however, a fellow landscaper said it was the first of the Korean Cubs, and first to have a four banger. I'm not convinced about that Korean part, but for sure it is a four cylinder and a very nicely made machine. Maybe Mr. White could weigh in on that one with the definitive answer. And as a side note, before Mitsubishi sold under the CC name they had an exclusive marketing agreement with Case, which dropped the line for reasons including overheating issues, electrical problems, and marketing strategies. Issues Mitsubishi cleared up for MTD, and now that MTD has dropped these Mitsubishi units in favor of "American made" gas/diesel sub-compact ut's, Mitsubishi went looking for another distributor. Guess they found one. I've owned several Mitsubishi Cubs, and so did my uncles, and all but one was used commercially with good results. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-02-26          77991

Charlie in Tx

Checked your profile no E Mail address ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
Charlie_in_TX

2004-02-27          78111

Try it now or use clallen(at)ev1(dot)net. ....

orange vs Red

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-03-02          78519

Shortmagnum: It was an Oldsmobile 350 which GM mutilated to a diesel. So sad. Diesel is the only way!! VW has also been making aluminum diesels for ever. My 86 has an aluminum head with iron block, 2001 TDI is all aluminum I think. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login