Any comments on Grand L cab tractors

View my Photos
OHIOFARMER
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-16          71408

I am considering trading/selling my L3010HST and buying a
L4330 or L5030 with cab. My dealer says this is a $5500.00
option. I do a lot of winter work and could sure use the
cab features. Does anyone out there have a cab model and wish to comment??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-16          71409

Seems like an aftermarket cab would be about half the price of that Kubota option. Curtis and Sims cabs have gotten good reviews. The factory cabs are probably best, but you can't sneeze at saving a few thousand $$$. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-16          71423

Check your visibility! It's a big plus the rest isjust a better enclosure for winter including a better floor covering as well as extra heat in the windows for defrosting. The air conditioning is a nice addition on hot days. It really is a good value and we do have people move up to it from the curtis and sims cabs. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-12-17          71430

The one I looked at is a very impressive set up. And that 5500 has alot of the bells and whistles you have to add in for a aftermarket. The a/c would cost a bundle.

My only "concern", HOW MUCH IS THE REPLACEMENT GLASS?

Other than that and the local dealer, here, that would be the way to go. There is nothing like factory designed and fit.

JD needs to build one and soon. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-17          71442

I agree with Art, the difference in quality and features plus the fantastic visibilty is worth every penny IMHO.

I had a L3450GST at the house for personal use on top of the fleet at work, then last year for health reasons replaced it with an L4310HSTC (pic. 11 & 12), the air conditioning was a must before I was allowed any seat time again.

They obviously spent a lot of time on the design and engineering, the comfort factor is high, I have never had a machine which was so suited to winter work, all the glass behind the doors is electrically defrosted, wiper on rear window, both doors are washed from overhead vents as well as seperate bank for the front windshield and two more for the operator. A/C is independantly controlled by a switch so it can be used in the winter as a de-humidifier feature to really kill fog-causing moisture in the cab.

Sound proofing is incredible, I don't think the sound level in the cab with the engine running at pto speed is much above that of my truck, the stereo is a real nice touch. I also use a two-way radio system and being able to carry on a normal coversation with the machine working is a real handy thing.

I was so impressed I bought a few more for the company, see my pic. # 6.....

I don't regret the expense one little bit.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-12-17          71456

I have not looked at the Grand L yet, but did look at the Kioti DK55 with cab. It is also a nice unit but I am not sure exactly how the cab compares to the options that Murf listed. I think you could get a DK55 with cab for the 24K range if it gives you some comparison. It is a heavier tractor though. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-17          71463

A/C would be nice, but OHIOFARMER probably won't use it much for winter work. No doubt he'd appreciate it in those hot and humid ohio summers though. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-12-17          71498

Seems like my defrosters work alot better with the a/c compressor switch on. My newer vehicles the a/c compressor is auto matic with defrost.

I can not see a downside to the a/c compressor summer or winter.

Is the air intake for the cab filtered? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-17          71500

Harvey you can get filters even for most sprays used today for the cab! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-18          71641

Defrosting works better with the A/C compressor on to provide dehumidification, but not sure if the Kubota cab works that way. A good thing to check methinks. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-18          71656

Ken don't really know about that but I do have a couple of good customers that are running there Grand L's with factory cab and the heated windows and rear wiper. I don't believe these guys have said anything negatively on the cabs. They are construction tractors, landscaping and snow removal. For snow you will love this a JD front blade on a 4610 because that is what he wanted and didn't like the Kobota blade. He has a 78" provenost blower on the back the commercial quality version. Another runs a loader with a 80" box pusher on the 723 loader with QT on a 3430. These guys run most all of the day and nite when it snows and they do every thing from commercial store centers to hospitals to home owners. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-19          71694

The A/C on the Grand L's is switched independantly from the rest of the system so you can run it regardless of temp. settings or air flow settings.

The A/C works VERY well to remove humidity in the cab, winter or summer. I found that in the summer the temperature wasn't anywhere near as important as reducing the R.H. in the cab.

My own little orange & black desert..... LOL

The other nice touch is the swing-out side windows to admit a little fresh air if desired.

Now if they could only put in a nice gimballed cup holder like my boat has, I'm getting tired of making them myself, LOL.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-19          71702

Murf, are you putting gyros in those cupholders? Seems that would be a useful design feature :) ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-19          71703

Murf, that is a good point on the rear quarter windows opening. The Manitou 633I have at home has a split door and that is to much after a while. It's to much for my driveway as well! ....

View my Photos
c011he
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-06          92895

I also looked at the Grand L 50 Cab model. The local dealer said that you can not mount a backhoe onto the Grand L cab Kubota tractor. SOmething to consider if you have a need for a backhoe. I don't know if this also applied to aftermarket Mfg's as well.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login