Go Bottom Go Bottom

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
FGFORESTRY
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-02          70144

GOT A NEW L3830, I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE BUCKET CURLING IN TO FAR, BLEW 2 HOSES.KUBOTA HAD FIX FOR IT. THEY DID NOT WARRENTY THE HOSES THAT BLEW ON A JOB, THAT I FIXED.THE BUCKET CURLED IN SO FAR THAT THE HYDRALIC PISTONS HIT THE BUCKET FRAME AND DENTED THE FRAME ABOUT A 1/2 INCH IN BY ABOUT 4 INCHES. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? IT ONLY HAS 64 HOURS
TOM

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-02          70145

There have been a few sporadic reports here and elsewhere about Kubota denying warranty claims. I'd be curious if they gave you a reason for the denial. If they can't give you a GOOD reason for the denial and won't make it right, and your dealer won't intercede on your behalf, about all you can reasonably do is file a complaint with your local consumer affairs office and/or park it in front of the dealer with a big LEMON sign on it. I do hope you are talking calmly to the dealer about the situation - shouting matches usually end up with the customer losing.

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-03          70185

I would think if the dealer wouldn't take care of it and didn't have a good reason, that you would be able to step up to corporate. I know this works with cars. The dealership wouldn't fix the car and one call to corporate and had the salesman begging to bring the car in to fix it. Is there any crazy quirks on Kubota warranties we should know about Art? ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-03          70191

Tom, the corporate talking heads have this wonderful theory on life & warranty work.

Here in Canada they take the following position. If the piston is defective they fix it. If in the course of being defective it dents the loader arm, they do not fix that, the warranty covers "defects" not the trickle-down effects of the defect.

Case in point, the hose, it was not defective so they won't replace it. They will probably charge for the lost oil too. Just their interpretation.

It boils down to liability and setting precedent, if they fix the dented bucket when the loader fell down because a line was defective, then the next step is a guy who wants a new truck because his loader fell on it when his line blew.

This is not a position unique to CUT's, if you read the warranty for almost anything I think you will find it says basically the same thing, liability is limited to the defective item and NOTHING else.

Best of luck. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-03          70195

Toyota refused to warranty an out of round #1 cylinder hole on my 93 V-6 truck.

They pointed to the clause in the contact that specified "moving parts". ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70198

I recently bought a new flashlight, the big 6 'D' cell Mag-Light.

When I opened the sealed plastic packaging I discovered the batteries it was pre-loaded with had exploded and were jammed in place from the expansion.

I took it back to Home depot where I had purchased it and asked for an exchange, they said it was not warranty, in fact they pointed out that the warranty clearly excluded damage caused by batteries exploding.

When I explained that it was sealed in a package and there was no way to tell they were still not sympathetic.

That was until I suggested then that if that was the case I would have to cut open and inspect each item I was contemplating purchasing, just to ensure I wouldn't have another problem.

The policy quickly changed and I was presented with a new flashlight, and a pack of spare batteries "for my inconvenience". Go figure.

Best of luck. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-03          70204

Hey Murf......I think exactly how you hold and slap that 6 cell monster flashlight in your hand has A LOT to do with it too. ;-) Those 6 cells flashlights are official proper ass whippin' size lights. ;-) Just making a little humor guys! Not advocating anything rash. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-03          70205

FGFORESTRY, along the same lines as Murf was saying. You could REALLY make your point with Kubota by going to as many Kubota dealers and rolling the buckets back like you did on yours and there by blowing the hoses and denting the buckets and see how much gets replaced then. I think after you test demo'd four or five tractors, they might get the message. ;-) ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-03          70208

That was exactly my point Murf. If you cause enough ripples in a polite manner, policies have a mysterious way changing a little. The key is to be nice and use words as opposed to being angry. If you go to the dealer and stay very persistent out where the other customers can see you, they may fix the part instead of risk losing potential customers. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
RESTRY

2003-12-09          70650

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, AS YOU CAN SEE I HAD TO REREGESTER TO GET BACK IN UNDER A DIFFERANT NAME ECT. KUBOTA DID HAVE AN UPDATE AND DID WELD ON A STOP SO THAT THE BUCKET WOULDNT CURL IN. WHY SHOULD I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE. ISNT THE FACT THAT THEY UPDATED THE BUCKET PROVE IT WASNT MY FAULT?
TOM ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-09          70651

Tom, speak calmly to your dealer and insist he contact Kubota on your behalf. If he declines politely tell him you will not take no for an answer and that you will contact them directly yourself.

You may have to go through several levels of customer service and or technical advisors but be polite, calm and PERSISTANT.

Tell them things like, you bought a Kubota because of it's great reputation, you are now wondering about that reputation, that you talk to a LOT of consumers and POTENTIAL consumers and that you can tell those people either how pleased you are with the machine, or how some silly production boo-boo left a sour taste in your mouth, which would they prefer you tell everyone?

I cannot stress enough though that you should at ALL TIMES remain calm and professional in your demands that the repairs be complete. If you lose your cool they will just stop listening to you and dealing with you.

Best of luck. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-09          70657

It should be delt with. There are fine lines but this is just completeing the job. I'd be giving you the fluid that you lost from the hoses too for the inconvienence but that is me. You might want to go back to the dealer and go up the chain of command a little. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-10          70705

Tom: I think there may be some corporate logic that you're encountering and if so the logic may not make sense to an owner. Warranties are for repairing premature part failures. It sounds like you experienced a design problem. Design problems when acknowledged usually are handled by a fix that all owners are eligible for. Maybe there's reluctance or maybe the warrantee people don't talk to the CR people. There's a possibility that you problem is in the wrong part of the corporate apparatus--not that I'm certain there's a right part.

I was wondering how hoses (I guess cylinder hoses) blew in the first place. Burst pressures often are above pump cut-off pressures, and valves often have circuit relief valves. Don't know but I'm not sure how a bucket that rolled back too far would burst a hose. For the dent, cylinders often have internal stops and if they don't, you'd think there'd be an external stop of the sort added to prevent the problem from happening. Could be other things going on but the whole thing doesn't sound right. You might inquire around to see if the manufacturer has a solution other than their warranty program. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
FGFORESTRY

2003-12-12          70973

HELLO...NOW FOR THE FOLLOW UP
I WENT TO MY DEALER AND TALKED TO THE HIGH COMMANDERS.THE STOP THEY WELDED ON THE BUCKET THEY DESIGNED THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE THE CORRECT REDESIGN PART FROM KUBOTA ( I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE LOUSY WELD JOB AND THE ALIGHNMENT OF THE STOP )IF I DIDNT COMPLAIN I WOULD OF NEVER KNOWN KUBOTA HAD A MANUFACTURED STOP TO BE WELDED ON. THEY ARE GOING TO PICK UP THE MACHINE AND REDO THE STOP. THEY DID CHECK THE HYDRALIC PISTONS TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE STRAIGHT AND THEY EXTENDED THE WARRENTIE I YEAR ON THE LOADER. WHAT DO YOU THINK ? TOM

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-13          71046

Sounds like a decent outcome. The reputations of the major manufacturers seem intact. What can be expected if that if something isn't right they'll stand behind their products and set it right. It may take awhile but it usually happens. Maybe the role we play around here is helping figure out what should be complained about and maybe how. ....

WARRENTIES

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-13          71057

I hate to say it but from time to time the pieces are not where we need them to complete the puzzle for the delivery. That often means doing what they did. For the most part it works but when you have a customer in need and the supply chain is backed up field expediants are often used. What's bad is when they back fire like this as it does no one any good. It will cost the dealer more then if it was done right to begin with but I don't know the details. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login