Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 3130 rear hydraulics

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-07          68227

I recently purchased a Kubota 3130DT with 723 loader and four position valving. I also have a backhoe attachment that needs hydraulic power. Could anyone tell me what's involved in getting hydraulic lines to the back of my tractor? I would rather not have to disconnect my FEL to use the rear remote. Is this something I can do myself or should I let my dealer install it? I'm sure I could modify it, but I'm worried about warranty issues.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-07          68228

You are looking at about 600 for a set of remotes on the rear to plug into. ....

View my Photos
blizzard

2003-11-07          68229

Art,
I'd love to have some remote hydraulic power for a log splitter or hydraulic chute adustment in my snowblower, but my dealer quoted me close to double your $600 figure. Is your price just the cost of the valves? How big a job is it to run the lines and valves?
bliz ....

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-07          68234

When tractor shopping, I was quoted $700 for 1 set of remotes on a 3410.
Kubota must only offer them with gold plating ! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-07          68237

Bliz, No bull 600 plus shipping and they are on the way. If you want float it's another 50. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-08          68260

DK they probably knew you wanted the other guys tractor so they just gave you a reason to buy it. Depending on shop labor rates it normally takes a hour or so to install which might be why the difference in cost. With some dealers I understand they only use the valve with float and if you put the labor on it you are about the price you were quoted. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-08          68263

Regarding Short's question, Back hoes and most splitters for that matter have their own valves and normally would use a power-beyond hookup from an existing loader valve. It's just some fittings, hoses that run to the rear and mounting bracket. There also is a short hose to reconnect the PB line when the hoe isn't mounted. There may be a little more to a JD PB kit for their hoes and I think they want around $600 for it. That's always seemed very rich to me. Except for some maybe some special fittings that prevents the hoe from being connected backwards many dealers could make up the hoses and fittings from ordinary stock items. With some knowledge of hydraulics and mechanics most owners could do the installation themselves.

If you need valve control outlets for running things like snow-blower chutes and top-links, Art's $600 price for a valve assembly and hookup parts is good but also doesn't surprise me. Decent after-market valves are pretty reasonable, as are hoses and fittings. I've heard $1200 prices factory kits before but never understood them.

For cheap alterantives, additional control valve sections can be purchased for some valve assemblies, but they usually wouldn't work with a loader valve that has joy-stick linkage. Many owners could put together a lit from catalogue parts but care should be taken to get valves that are rated for flows similar to the tractor hydraulics. Most twenty-gallon per minute valves are huge. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-11-08          68264

Art,
The price I recieved did include installation.
No other makes, models or prices I recieved were ever mentioned to any dealers when pricing.
I simply told them which model and what features I wanted and give me their best Quote with a breakdown of option prices.

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-08          68268

Was Just joking, I've lived in this buisness for years and listened to the salesmen cry as to why they lost a deal, normally it's just cause they didn't really sell that day! You are the one that has to be happy with your purchases as I nor anyone on these boards have to be. There are differences of all these tractors and you are satisfied with yours!! I wish everyone the best of luck with there tractors as I can't sell them all anyway!!! ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-11-10          68367

Thanks everyone for the responses. On Saturday my dealer quoted me $600 and $650 depending on whether I want float control. I don't think I should need any of this to run a backhoe or splitter. As TomG discussed, all I should need are a couple of fittings two lengths of hose and a couple of quick attach hydraulic fittings at the end so that I have a pressure line and a return line to the back of the tractor. I have all the valving I need on the backhoe. The main hydraulic block on the tractor has three fittings to the loader. Can I tap into two of these to run the lines?

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-11          68453

In the systems I'm familiar with the usual connection is in just one hose from the loader. The hose from the loader valve port labeled PB goes to the hoe valve inlet and the hoe outlet goes to the other end of the PB hose. This is a PB connection since the hoe return goes from the block on the 3ph so the hoe valve needs to be PB rated. My hoe manual describes a PB connection for the hoe. The risk is if the hoe and 3ph were operated at the same time a hoe valve that wasn't PB rated could be ruined.

There are some routing and fitting issues, and a hose to connect the ends of the PB hose back together when the hoe is dismounted is needed. Many owners can make up hoses that use reusable couplers but it probably wouldn't save much. You might ask a dealer to price a kit that they'd make up rather than a factory kit or get an estimate from a hydraulics shop. It is possible in this type connection to connect the hoe backwards, which would damage the valve and pump. To prevent reversed connections, using different style connectors is good, or at least colour coded tie strips to identify which hoses go together should be used.

If there are already rear remotes a cheap connection is to use a rear valve controlled circuit and bungee cord the valve open. PB hookups are better since flow through the loader valve has losses and erodes valve parts. That's what I do through, but I don't use my hoe regularly. My plastic tie straps have saved the valve for me in this type connection too. ....

View my Photos
higgyy

2003-11-12          68575

The prices that you have been given are the Kubota recommended priceing. I was quoated the same price last night in ID. The manager showed me the book. THe price includes all of the hoses and fittings for the task. When you add the next set it should go down to approx 400 for the whole deal ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login