Go Bottom Go Bottom

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Brian S.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-02          63060

My dad just gave me his 2WD Kubota B6200 gear tractor. Only has 334 hours on it. I was wondering if I can install a front end loader? If so, what brands should I be looking at? Also, without 4WD and power steering, would a front end loader be to difficult to steer?

Thanks!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-02          63066

Difficult to steer? Yes. And when you load up the front end it levers the rear end off the ground and takes away what traction you have. Backing out of the pile might get interesting.

In your case a three point scoop coupled with a front blade might be a more effective combo. ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-02          63069

I second that! ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Brian S.

2003-09-02          63076

Great advice....now, what brands/models of front blades should I be looking at? I am assuming that Kubota has a blade for it....any other manufacturers have a quality blade?

Great information on this board!!!
Thanks alot! ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-03          63108

You might want to do a price comparison between a front blade and a loader with a blade accessory. If the price difference weren't too much, it'd give you a bucket that probably would be useful for lighter work and especially for stuff that needs to be lifted high. A 3ph scoop doesn't lift very high. I do a fair bit of loader work in 2wd myself. The PS on my Ford isn't much better than manual steering. A heavy implement on the 3ph lightens steering and increases rear wheel traction.

I don't know what's available in blade replacements for loader buckets. I have a moderate priced Allied loader myself but haven't seen accessory kits for them on their web site. I guess a good blade would need hydraulics for lift, angle and tilt, which could be run from a three-spool valve. A loader only takes two hydraulic circuits but the third could provide a rear outlet.

Don't know, such a thing could be a pretty good setup but depending on the price compared to a front blade only I guess. You'd still likely want a 3ph scoop for heavy work.

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-03          63171

Brian, I wish I could tell you to jog on down the the Kubota dealer and pick up what you need, but that is not going to happen with an older out-of-print machine.

In terms of a front blade you may luck out on E-bay but most likely you will have to get creative and adapt something that is made for a current kubota or a lawn and garden tractor.

Even a totally manual, small blade from a riding mower with do a considerable amount of work if you take it easy and slow.

If you run into a total dead end I guess you could always work a trade on a new tractor, but it kinda loses something when it was a gift from someone special. ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-04          63175

Mark is right. You can find what you need but it will take some looking on your part. He gave you a couple of good suggestions. ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Murf

2003-09-04          63196

I would suggest you find a grey-market asian unit importer, most of them have a really good selection of implements, and usually at a low price as a lost leader to help sell tractors.

Also look around the local farm dealers in your area, many of them get oddball stuff in that would love to get rid of.

A 3pth back blade can also be adapted pretty easily to go on the front of a unit, I've done several over the years for friends.

Best of luck. ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-09-04          63239

Brian,

I admit a 2 wheel drive tractor is not the best with the front loader but let me tell you this story.
When I was an office manager with a Mobil Oil Dist back in 1985 we also had the last coal yard in eastern MI selling about 800 tons per year to the public in loaded pickup truck load quanities. The cheapskate/tightwad owner went out and bought a new Ford Diesel 1710 2 wheel drive with a front loader and 60 inch bucket to replace a piece of worn out crap A/C D15. "I been in the coal business for 40 years don't tell me I need a 4 wheel drive tractor to load coal" was his standard answer to why he didn't get a 4 wheel drive tractor. The 1710's 13.6 X 16 rear turf tires were loaded with chloride and in the winter it had a 3 point blade. That tractor put that 60 inch bucket into the pile of Leatherwood, Pocahantas or Stoker stove coal, filled it up and backed away like nobody's business. In the winter my coal guy hit the diff lock when he needed extra traction. The bucket got filled and the tractor handled it just fine. The bucket was roughly 8 or 9 cu ft heaped and pea anthacite coal was the heaviest we loaded with it. I would guess that weighed about 800-1000 lbs give or take.
Would your 2 wheel drive tractor work a front loader for dirt? Sure would!!! Would it do it as good as a 4 wheel drive.....NOPE, but it will get a front loader bucket filled with up with dirt...Who cares if it is 4 wheel drive or not as long as the bucket get filled!! But since you got the tractor for free and you would be doing stuff far less stressful than loading coal. The tractor loader/combo will cost you the price of the loader. Not a bad deal since you have nothing in the tractor. Get a rear 3 point blade, rear wheel ballast weight, good heavy duty tires with tubes up front and you are ALL set. The lack of power steering is not that big of deal.

Jeffr ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
Brian S.

2003-09-05          63248

I can't tell you guys how helpful you have been!! Thanks so much!!!

My FEL work is very light stuff...pushing dirt around, pushing a little snow here in Ohio on occasion, and cleaning up around the house in the spring. Sounds like I may just try a FEL since the price of the tractor was $0. I am assuming I can head to my local Kubota dealer and order a loader that will fit my tractor. Actually I am planning on taking in the tractor and have it professionally installed. Does Woods make a loader for this tractor??

Looking forward to it! I will provide an update to everyone on the progress and how I like the setup. Once again, thanks to all for their input. Truly appreciated.

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
biomed

2003-10-15          66300

Brian, I too have B6200HST 2wd. Have you found anything that works for you?

Mark ....

B6200 - FEL possible

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-11-05          68038

Brian S -

I just picked up your postings. Although 4wd is potentially better than 2wd for traction in and out of slimy, greasy, rutty work zones, 2wd will fill the bucket as well, just like Jeff R pointed out. The tractor - B6200 - is a tractor large enough to accomodate a loader, however the loader size that is available will not be able to pick up the barn - so to speak. Nor would you want to. I have B5200's, amongst others, that have the then B1640 loader installed (removable), as well as the rigid mount B1630. Last pricing, on the B1640, was around $3k to $4k...the difficulty was finding one. I have since installed a Koyker 110 loader on tractors. Same frame size, however, much stronger stucture than that of the B1640. The 2wd B6200 will handle this unit very well, and is readily available at around $2600+/-. Hard steering, well, I grew up with "strong arm steering"...but as long as you are moving/rolling, and as Jeff R mentioned properly counter balanced to take the weight off the front end of the tractor, there should be minimal difficulty.
Primary consideration, regardless of what type of work you have in mind, is that the loader have a frame mount in front, mid section as well as to the rear-end. This will alleviate any possible twisting and/or cracking of components.

Certainly, everyones applications are different. What may work great for one , may not work great for another. I have not had any major problems with what I have described. Let us know how you make out.

-Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login